Australian Open Draws and Results [2013] - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #226
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

Singles Results, Third Round Bottom Half

[13]Samantha Soren def. Jennifer Casanova 1/6, 7/5, 6/3
All the drama is on "Ruflina's army" vs. "Giusa's bitches". Well, in this match, both players are on Ruflina's side, with the seeded Samantha coming from behind to take out Ruflina's doubles partner and best friend.

[5]Ella Felivitch def. [14]Giuseppina Benedetti 1/6, 6/1, 7/6(1)
The crowd is as evenly split as the players in FWTT as half were booing Giusa while half were raucously behind her in her efforts to take out Ella. Ella has not chose sides in the conflict, but was glad for it as Giusa was clearly distracted in parts of hte match (particularly the second set) but played strong in the third.

[15]Ariel Aries def. Chloe Gray 6/1, 6/1
The last Aussie standing did well for the Melbourne crowd, absolutely crushing Chloe to move to the quarterfinals.

Elise Mesane def. Miranda Bothavska 6/2, 3/6, 7/6(3)
Miranda is clearly on Giusa's side, but Elise, who hasn't declared anything, probably despises both girls. Melbourne is the home-away-from-home for Elise, so it was no surprise to see her move to the quarterfinals, albeit in close fashion against Miranda.

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:30 PM   #227
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute

Doubles Results, Second Round Bottom Half

[4]Felivitch/Mesane def. Saikikmbondwe/Mensarb 6/2, 1/6, 7/5
Ella and Elise find themselves in the quarters of singles and doubles as they put away the highly inexperienced team of Xhaka (who can't buy a win these days) and Jooky (who doesn't seem to realize where she is).

[7]Chan/Soren def. Afanasyeva/Im 1/6, 6/2, 7/5
Sam pulled most of the weight in this match as Chantal is not herself these days as they move to the quarterfinals.

Graf/Vlastimirovic def. [6]Ma/Wojnarowska 3/6, 7/6(6), 6/3
The newbie and the vet came back from the brink of defeat to take out the tough team of Berenika and Yanina.

Day/Perez def. [2]Anastidis/du Preez 7/6(6), 7/5
Similar to the Fleri upset in singles, this was a huge win for Susan and Vittoria. Alex and Coco were defending champs, but couldn't find a way to win a set off of the Spaniard and the Israeli.

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM   #228
Keeper of Venus & Serena

Mixed Doubles Results, Second Round Bottom Half
[Q]Tenesova/Nemec def. Keddison/F. Gonzalez 6/4, 6/2
[6]Pryde-Degman/K. Degman def. Perez/R. Torres 7/6(4), 5/7, 7/5
Stosur/M. Eben def. Mesane/H. LaChapelle 3/6, 7/6(2), 6/4
Day/T. Paul def. Soren/M. Ferrero 7/6(6), 7/6(6)

Loves of my life....
Serena Jamica Williams

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #229
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Miranda

To Elise "She a mean girl no deserve to win but that happen when I injured and barely walk in end of match"

"She say after you a cheater, fake, at least I hear those words come from the mouth"
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:25 AM   #230
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future

Benedetti Falls in Third Set as Kendall Attacks

It was one of the most confusing scenes in FWTT Australian Open history. Which makes sense after one of the more odd weeks in recent memory. Italian Giuseppina Benedetti and Czech Ella Felivitch had exchanged two ugly, sloppy, and uninspired sets of tennis. Finally their games came together and the third set was a true battle of the wits, with both players digging in and finally finding the court consistently. The two traded in unforced errors for winners, going back and forth without a break of serve until they reached 6 all.

Then something odd happened...the umpire called for a third set tiebreaker. Anyone who knows the rules of the Australian Open knows that there is no third set tiebreaker, the match continues until one player has a two game advantage. The even stranger thing was that both Felivitch and Benedetti lined up and began playing the tiebreaker, albeit with slightly confused looks on their faces. A big serve by Felivitch, ranked 5th in the world, gave her a 1-0 lead. Benedetti dug in after missing a first serve and evened the tiebreaker after an unforced error by her opponent, due to a remarkable scrambling shot by the Italian.

Here's where it gets really weird. As Benedetti went through her long ritual of drying her arms and bouncing the ball before serving, a large man emerged from the crowd and began running towards Benedetti. Giusa let out a screech and began manically running the opposite way. Fortunately, extra security provided by the Australian tournament directors ran out and tackled the man before he was able to catch up to Benedetti. But the damage had been done. Benedetti was completely frazzled, serving up an ugly double fault and losing the final five points after that with erratic shots.

Who was this man you ask? In case you haven't heard, Giuseppina Benedetti called out tour veteran and leader Ruflina Taliamanosoko earlier in the week and the two exchanged in a back and forth of sorts. Numerous other players in the locker room put in their opinions causing what tournament directors called a "bitch fest". Reports of both verbal and physical fights as well as destruction of property have been reported to the media over the last couple days. The most famous commenter, though, was American Anna Kendall, who threatened Benedetti stating that she would "kill her". After the threat Benedetti, encouraged by friends Miranda Bothavska and Xhaka Saikikmbondwe asked for heightened security measures during her matches.

The man who was arrested is believed to be Anna Kendall's boyfriend or "boy toy". His name, however, has not officially been released to the public, nor has word of any charges being filed against him.

Benedetti was clearly distraught with the situation and upset with the loss and declined an interview. She did send the following press release:

"I think it was a shame that Ella and I were unable to finish our match out in peace. We were both playing very well in the third set, and although the incident clearly affected me, Ella is to be commended because she certainly put herself in the position to win the match. I wish her the best of luck as the tournament continues."

"As for the attacker, I must say this: It is a shocking and depressing day when you cannot feel safe at your workplace, and the tennis court is our workplace. I am deeply distraught and concerned for my safety. While I want nothing more than to beat the ugly off of Ruflina's face in doubles, I have not officially decided if I will play or not, due, obviously, to safety issues. If I do choose to play I pray that the Australian directors will have the place loaded with police, on the court and undercover. "

"I know that Anna Kendall asked that man to hurt me, possibly even kill me. I think it is pathetic that she can't fight me on her own. If she wants to hurt me so bad, then I say we sell tickets and fight here on Rod Laver Arena after the tournament. I will beat the shit out of that whore. Thank you for all the support."
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:50 AM   #231
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSFan1 aka Joshua L. View Post
Doubles Results, Second Round Bottom Half

Day/Perez def. [2]Anastidis/du Preez 7/6(6), 7/5
Similar to the Fleri upset in singles, this was a huge win for Susan and Vittoria. Alex and Coco were defending champs, but couldn't find a way to win a set off of the Spaniard and the Israeli.
PUERTO RICAN!!!!!

Vamos! I love you, Susan! You rock!

This is my signature. Pretty neat, isn't it?
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:39 AM   #232
country flag Cage

Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute

How is Ariel still in

Vladimira Uhlirova
Cage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:10 AM   #233
country flag burn

burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute burn has a reputation beyond repute

Well. Goodbye Australia. See you in 2014. If I qualify, that is.
JaJa / TaTo

LaraM / Cucumber / B
acs / Kennel

formerly known as Mr. Joyful, MUFFIN MONSTER, S.T.A.R. and Cucumber_Conny.
burn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:56 AM   #234
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

@alize_mathieu:

Watching the Aussie Open in my hotel room here at Lima! Very happy to see Ella and Elise winning!
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:17 AM   #235
country flag S-T-E-V-E

S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute S-T-E-V-E has a reputation beyond repute

Jen Somehow expected it. Congrats Samantha

Let's get some more wins in doubles and mixed doubles.
S-T-E-V-E is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:00 AM   #236
country flag HawkAussie

HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of HawkAussie has much to be proud of

http://fwtt.wikia.com/wiki/2013_Australian_Open#Day_8
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 06:57 AM   #237
country flag Bieselke

Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of Bieselke has much to be proud of

Sorry Coco, so far for defending our title and chasing the doubles nr 1 spot

Safina - Wickmayer - Dokic

Johansson - Larsson - Arvidsson
Bieselke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM   #238
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't the top half of Mixed Doubles play today?
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #239
country flag Geertvg
Team WTAworld

Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute Geertvg has a reputation beyond repute

That Giusa really likes to talk doesn't she. Man, she doesn't STOP. I'm outta here to Lima.

Last.fm
Geertvg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:56 PM   #240
Joseosu19

Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future Joseosu19 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geertvg View Post
That Giusa really likes to talk doesn't she. Man, she doesn't STOP. I'm outta here to Lima.
And who are you?

It's all about me...me...me
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario Always #1
Joseosu19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote