Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM   #1171
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Happy belated birthday, Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
It'd be great if Laura had her own players forum.

You can request one here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...439739&page=17
I remember trying to get her one a few years ago, my reasoning being that they're 'going to have to make one for her one day anyway, so why not just do it now?' I think there is a better argument for her having one now though. I'll support.

... for some reason.

Last edited by Dawson. : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1172
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Yeah, this isn't going to be a year where Laura jumps up into the top 10. It's the year where she backs up her USO run, which she started to do at AO. In fact, she did so well at the AO that she's successfully defended all of her GS points from outside Flushing Meadows, as well as most of the points she gained at tournaments before Palermo.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM   #1173
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Indian Wells-Wimbledon, huge time to really pick up as many points as she can

Laura has pulled out of Pattaya, maybe the shoulder injury is nagging her more than we thought...

I guess this means Fed Cup-Doha-Brazil ?

I can't help but think that Kuala Lumpur would have been the better move instead of Brazil, there's only 4 top 80 players there, the highest being Wozniacki, could have been a great opportunity however, Loz will still be seeded at Brazil and with the field there, could have a good chance to reach quarter's at least.

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:45 PM   #1174
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
Indian Wells-Wimbledon, huge time to really pick up as many points as she can

Laura has pulled out of Pattaya, maybe the shoulder injury is nagging her more than we thought...

I guess this means Fed Cup-Doha-Brazil ?

I can't help but think that Kuala Lumpur would have been the better move instead of Brazil, there's only 4 top 80 players there, the highest being Wozniacki, could have been a great opportunity however, Loz will still be seeded at Brazil and with the field there, could have a good chance to reach quarter's at least.
WHAT?!

I'm so upset.

Has this been officially confirmed? I was so looking forward to see her playing.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #1175
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Laura Robson ‏@laurarobson5
Not quite sure I have enough stuff to take home. Could do with another suitcase I think.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:52 PM   #1176
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
WHAT?!

I'm so upset.

Has this been officially confirmed? I was so looking forward to see her playing.
well Spiceboy's saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
MD Changes

Robson OUT
Danilidou IN
Cant see any other sources though. Eh, chance for a mini training block with Krajan, I guess.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1177
Royals.

Press conference from 3rd Round.

Q. You say there are a lot of things you can work on. What in particular?
LAURA ROBSON: I would say shot selection in the points. You know, sometimes I still go for a bit too much where I’d be better off playing an easier shot rather than going for winners the whole time.
And, yeah, you know, I think I can improve on anything. Movement is still an in progress thing. Lots of things really.

Q. Is the shot selection a particular issue playing somebody like Sloane who gets so many balls back?
LAURA ROBSON: Against anyone, you know, if you try to finish the rally too early, it’s never going to work out that well.
So, yeah, I mean, Sloane obviously moves extremely well. I thought today my shot selection actually wasn’t too bad.

http://www.laura-robson.net/intervie...s-to-stephens/
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:57 PM   #1178
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
well Spiceboy's saying this:

Cant see any other sources though. Eh, chance for a mini training block with Krajan, I guess.
It is official, spiceboy has access to WTA Playerzone which is not open to the general public.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:59 PM   #1179
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post

That seems very likely imo. So Fed Cup,Doha, Brazil so far.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:02 PM   #1180
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
It is official, spiceboy has access to WTA Playerzone which is not open to the general public.
Huh. Well, good for him.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #1181
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

New schedule makes more geographical sense (assuming she has a week training in Florida in between Florianopolis and Indian Wells). I would have still preferred her to play Memphis instead of Florianopolis but hey.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:52 PM   #1182

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Yes, it's regretful but for the best if it is anything to do with the shoulder...

Does anybody know actually what surface Florianopolis is ?? I really wish she would enter KL/Memphis, these are by far the weaker entry lists.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1183
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
Yes, it's regretful but for the best if it is anything to do with the shoulder...

Does anybody know actually what surface Florianopolis is ?? I really wish she would enter KL/Memphis, these are by far the weaker entry lists.
It's on Hard surface.

And i don't see a problem with her entering a tournament with a strong field. It can all do her more good than harm. I'd rather her beat top players in tournaments than go into a tournament due to how "weak" it is.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1184

Quote:
It's on Hard surface.

And i don't see a problem with her entering a tournament with a strong field. It can all do her more good than harm. I'd rather her beat top players in tournaments than go into a tournament due to how "weak" it is.
Debateable. If you have acknowledged her current schedule, before Indian Wells, Florianopolis is the only event which is bound to have a fairly weak field. Now is the time where she can really take advantage of the rankings and gain as much points as she can seeing as she was struggling this time last year. Whilst I think Laura is more than capable of eliminating people higher than her, going out in first/second rounds of premiers to better players at this moment in time could be disadvantageous to her confidence going into two of the biggest prem mandatories, which is why all i'm saying is that KL/Memphis would have been a good move Hopefully, she'll fix up well for Doha and she can do some damage there.

Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 05:50 AM   #1185
Royals.

Sloane's hype is crazy right now.

I'm really happy for her. She knows her game and she know how to use it. Something Laura is struggling with. It would have been great if she beat an in form Serena though