Australian summer-start of 2013! - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM   #481
country flag GoMasha23

GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice GoMasha23 is just really nice
Re: Australian summer-start of 2013!

here is a nice video of Maria to lighten the loss to Serena. http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ame=open_drive
GoMasha23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:33 PM   #482
country flag JimM

JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold JimM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMasha23 View Post
here is a nice video of Maria to lighten the loss to Serena. http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...ame=open_drive

Thanks for that link. Nice to see her laughing
JimM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:43 PM   #483
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM View Post
Thanks for that link. Nice to see her laughing
Well, actually the grandfather part was kinda sad.
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:42 AM   #484
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Well I finally watched the match. There wasn't much Kiri could do with Serena playing so well, cleanly and powefully. Serena served an amazing 87% on first serves. Wow. That is unreal since she generally goes for alot on her first serves. She pinned Kiri to the baseline in rallies and overwhelmed her with depth and power. I only wish Kiri played more slices and forehand fades in this match. But that's easier said than done because Serena's ball comes hard and heavy and there isn't much time for Maria to prepere for slices, fade shots or drop shots. I really hoped Kiri would do much better in this match than win only 2 games but it wasn't to be.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:39 AM   #485
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maria does a perfect impersonation of a cat
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #486
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Maria, it's a shame Serena had to play so well in that match.

Oh well, onwards MaKiri! Break the top 10 this year.

Her cat impression.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:43 PM   #487
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

We will see if Serena will even be tested this tournament. It is a long time since Sharapova managed to do this and Azarenka is maybe not in her best shape. So no shame in loosing to her.

Overall a great tournament, Wickmayer and Peng are very good players and she beat both convincingly. I believe the top 10 are really possible for her.
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #488
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Well I finally watched the match. There wasn't much Kiri could do with Serena playing so well, cleanly and powefully. Serena served an amazing 87% on first serves. Wow. That is unreal since she generally goes for alot on her first serves. She pinned Kiri to the baseline in rallies and overwhelmed her with depth and power. I only wish Kiri played more slices and forehand fades in this match. But that's easier said than done because Serena's ball comes hard and heavy and there isn't much time for Maria to prepere for slices, fade shots or drop shots. I really hoped Kiri would do much better in this match than win only 2 games but it wasn't to be.
I fully agree. And even when Maria had the opportunity to be more creative, those opportunities were so few and far between that she never could achieve the momentum or confidence with those shots that we would've liked to see.

Quote:
Thanks
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:45 AM   #489
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
Maria does a perfect impersonation of a cat
It was awesome and purrrfect. Makiri The Russian Lynx could play Catwoman in the next Batman movie.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #490
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute Iblis has a reputation beyond repute

Could anyone open a new thread for incoming Pattaya Open?
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2013, 08:57 PM   #491
country flag misH@

misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all misH@ is a name known to all

I opened two threads, and Maria reached finals in New Haven and 4. round in AO, so not bad at all!
I`m happy with way she played AO, Serena was great in that match, over 80% of 1st serve, I don`t remember i saw that from her.

Don`t know what to say about doubles, girls that won against Maria/Raymond were in finals, but our team choked a lot in that match!
Genie Bouchard
misH@ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #492
country flag antonella

antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute antonella has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if Kiri will take on her husband's surname, since he's her closest family now: Maria Yuryevna Ovechkinova??