2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM   #436
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

I was just sad when I read Sloane Stephens' "little kids go home first week" comment I know she meant it lightly, but the combination of that quote and Petra's name next to it GM was a bit
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:12 PM   #437
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
I was just sad when I read Sloane Stephens' "little kids go home first week" comment I know she meant it lightly, but the combination of that quote and Petra's name next to it GM was a bit
I know exactly how you feel Nettie/Phobia (which one do you like)!?

I didn't view the Sloane quote myself (though I read/heard about it, and the TF/GM OP's Petra connotation).

Nonetheless, I felt exactly the same way, when I read about the potential 4 Grand Slam Winners making the semi's, sans our beloved, very talented, but under achieving, "Little Girl" Petra.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #438
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Well,Paul,this is definitely an appropriate thread title,but Petra claims that she's going to play Paris Indoor,whose MD starts next Monday.I'm sure that Petra's team will plan her flight so that she arrives about 15 minutes before her 1st match but,regardless,we should find a way to extract Petra from the mud so that she can free herself,physically speaking,and board the plane,don't you think?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #439
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Paul,this is definitely an appropriate thread title,but Petra claims that she's going to play Paris Indoor,whose MD starts next Monday.I'm sure that Petra's team will plan her flight so that she arrives about 15 minutes before her 1st match but,regardless,we should find a way to extract Petra from the mud so that she can free herself,physically speaking,and board the plane,don't you think?
Please Bruce. I don't want to get mad.

It makes me think about the part of the article, when the reporter asked Kotyza, about 'changing the training regimen--that's not working-- with the new fitness guy'. And I'm thinking to myself, "How the hell did you fire Ivanko during the middle of the year; announce a search, then take months to come up with the current guy--who we knew would be nothing to write home about in the first place"!!?

Geesh-uz!! It's truly all on Petra.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:11 PM   #440
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Plus...yes, let's hire a brand-new fitness trainer while Petra is trying to get back on track from illness + weird scheduling during the offseason. Because that'll go over well. Few weeks without tennis and then a totally different trainer, 3 matches and then the Australian Open. Sigh.

ETA: I think someone said a while ago that the main problem here is that a top player should win matches (in part) because of her team...not in spite of them. I'm not saying that Petra and her serve ( ) are not responsible for crashing out to Hypson or Domi or Pavs, but still.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:43 PM   #441
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Plus...yes, let's hire a brand-new fitness trainer while Petra is trying to get back on track from illness + weird scheduling during the offseason. Because that'll go over well. Few weeks without tennis and then a totally different trainer, 3 matches and then the Australian Open. Sigh.

ETA: I think someone said a while ago that the main problem here is that a top player should win matches (in part) because of her team...not in spite of them. I'm not saying that Petra and her serve ( ) are not responsible for crashing out to Hypson or Domi or Pavs, but still.
Maybe we all did at some point Phobia.

I know I did, in many different variations.

I had actually said recently (if I remember correctly), "If Petra wins in the future, she will win because she got hot and confident, and not because of anything thing her team did'.

And Petra recently said to the BBC, 'My serve was the worst ever', when she lost to Robson at the Australian Open. Oh Really!!

How/Why!? What were they doing!? You had a month and a half (in theory) to train and prepare for the new season, and you come out horrible, especially after a not so great end to 2012 (of course we know her Fed Cup, Czech Extraliga and Exo events cut into that rest and preparation time).

But still. Where's the pride??
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:20 PM   #442
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

really?! i thought her ROS was at the worst ever as well, not to mention movement and mental strength

when playing a player like Laura Robson, channeling all the disappointment towards below-par serve is quite laughable (was that BBC interview right after the match?)
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:37 PM   #443
country flag netphobia

Yeah, her serve was definitely not everything that was wrong with that match.
petra
•••••
maria
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #444
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, her serve was definitely not everything that was wrong with that match.
I told ya, when I saw her at Eastbourne and the Olympics .... she looked so miserable and fed up.

There's something obviously wrong that we know nothing about (and maybe she doesn't either ), but she looked bloody miserable
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:34 PM   #445
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
really?! i thought her ROS was at the worst ever as well, not to mention movement and mental strength

when playing a player like Laura Robson, channeling all the disappointment towards below-par serve is quite laughable (was that BBC interview right after the match?)
Yes, her comments were right after the match. And her ROS was negligent as well/as hell.

Yup Yup!!