Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 132 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM   #1966
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Petra Kvitova ‏@Petra_Kvitova
Thanks to @opengdfsuez for the wild card! Happy to be returning to Paris and hope for some good matches. I have nice memories from 2011
she saved a match point to win the second round there 2011, the last time she was able to do so
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1967
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Petra!!
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:50 PM   #1968
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Not sure if this is a good move. She could use some down time and not focus on tennis. However, you could also say the best remedy for the rut she's in is to get out there and play, especially in a tournament she won. Good luck, Petra.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM   #1969
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Come on, Petra, be yourself and beat up the whole field!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:52 PM   #1970
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Not sure if this is a good move. She could use some down time and not focus on tennis. However, you could also say the best remedy for the rut she's in is to get out there and play, especially in a tournament she won. Good luck, Petra.
Remember, Petra's team doesn't really have a plan or appear to know what it's doing.

It's really contingent on Petra to find her game again. So from that perspective, it makes sense, hoping to catch Lightening In A Bottle at Paris Indoors again.

Until it changes: That's the Petra team way (wait for Petra).
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:15 PM   #1971
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Nice field for Paris, won't be easy:

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en....layers-singles
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1972
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Remember, Petra's team doesn't really have a plan or appear to know what it's doing.

It's really contingent on Petra to find her game again. So from that perspective, it makes sense, hoping to catch Lightening In A Bottle at Paris Indoors again.

Until it changes: That's the Petra team way (wait for Petra).
Well, if that's the case, maybe Petra should make changes to her team because that is not a long-term answer.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1973
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
she saved a match point to win the second round there 2011, the last time she was able to do so
I remember watching the match against BZS live, amazing match. I also remember petra hit herself in the face in that tournament

And ofcourse she slayed Clijsters

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1974
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
I remember watching the match against BZS live, amazing match. I also remember petra hit herself in the face in that tournament

petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1975
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Well, if that's the case, maybe Petra should make changes to her team because that is not a long-term answer.
We would only hope Lupo.

Cause the way Petra's going now, she'll always be inconsistent, until the few stretches she'll find her game and confidence, then play well.

Nonetheless, it will be boom and bust until Petra opens her eyes and/or finds better team members. Cause currently, she's drastically worse than she's been to start the season--the past three years. Not even close!

Petra's going backwards and that's troubling. And it's not like she can't play better. She can. It's just that her level of dedication, confidence and execution, will not allow her to place consistently high results, even compared to the first 3/4 of her 2012.

As you indicated: It's up to her (but easier said than done, unfortunately in her case)!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1976
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
You just reminded me of a day when some of us guys were ready to shower in the gym after a strenuous P.E. class.At the moment,there wasn't any hot water so one guy--who was apparently oblivious to the whole concept of boilers heating up water--turned the cold water tap open all the way...thinking that he could make the cold water 'run out',at which point the shower water would magically become hot......I'd like to think that Petra's team was slightly more in touch with reality than THAT fellow was(I've seen a couple other dudes who were similarly befuddled,btw)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1977
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Should open a new thread and move on with Melbourne!
Who is a Volunteer?
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #1978
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Who is a Volunteer?
I Think Artic Moose, already did and it's quite entertaining.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1979
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Who is a Volunteer?
"Petra Bids Adieu to Koalas,Hopes for Winning Deja Vu in Paris".......

Not as good as some of YOUR best work,but it gets the point across,maybe

EDIT: Just saw the new thread and it's a decent name,but I'm not sure what 'mud digging' is supposed to mean.It's probably some Norwegian metaphor for getting stoned(lol)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!

Last edited by bruce goose : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1980
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex59 View Post
Nice field for Paris, won't be easy:

http://www.opengdfsuez.com/index_en....layers-singles
Nice field but no one there can beat KvittyGoat, on the other hand, Petra can struggle with fellow Czechs, my idoor GOAT Sofia can be tricky. Pavs, Marion or Mona can outplay her as well. Once again from one standpoint it should be cakewalk but alot of tricky matchups where she can flop to anyone
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote