Some real preparation for Roland Garros... Vee kick up her heels in Paris - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #16
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Some real preparation for Roland Garros... Vee kick up her heels in Paris

Kvitova just took a WC here

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:10 PM   #17
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I really hope Vee will turn up in Paris. There is no reason for her to withdraw so I remain hopeful
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #18
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible few days in Melbourne! I really hope Venus plays here and that she can do well. I hope she is already on a flight to Paris so she has time to rest before the event.

I really wish Kvitova hadn't entered the draw! Errani and Bartoli are more beatable opponents!! Though Kvitova's form isn't great either.

I hope Venus can shake off some of the rust and work her way into this tournament!!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #19
country flag amazon

amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold amazon is a splendid one to behold

kwilliams, I am not sure if she will play, because she has an autograph signing for Eleven event on 27-th January. I do not know. I think she will withdraw, because Paris begins from 28-th January.
amazon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #20
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Can't quite believe Venus is not going to be seeded here
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #21
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

She's confirmed the LA signing session on twitter

Unlikely to me that she goes Melbourne to LA and then to Paris all in the space of a week

Then even if she does, what kind of Venus shows up to play. Can handle her losing to Sharapova, but don't fancy a jetlagged Venus half arsing a loss to someone like Vinci on an indoor court.

If i were her, i'd maybe forget about Paris now and just enter Dubai instead.

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #22
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Of course, I want Venus to play Paris, but like Queen_Vee said, there is no point in playing in Paris if she is jetlagged. But it's really up to Venus, if she decides to show up and play, fine.... if she withdraws, still fine Hopefully, she will play in Doha and Florionoplisnkjdhfjh and will do better than at AO!
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #23
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

She's not playing it. NID.

See ya in Doha.
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #24
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

I knew that the withdrawal would be coming. These courts would have been perfect for her too. Shame.

Now hopefully she'll play a singles match during Fed Cup. Doha is loaded with every top player and she won't be seeded, so she can't afford to be rusty.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #25
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

She withdrew.....
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #26
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Boo
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #27
country flag winone23

winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute winone23 has a reputation beyond repute

Venus needs the match play so she can get match tough.

Eleven, Jamba Juice, Miami Dolphins, V*Starr Interiors ,World Team Tennis
Veelieve! Venus will rise again 2014!
Taylor Townsend / Madison Keys
NY KNICKS / TEAM MELO
winone23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #28
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Her commitment to her tennis sometimes irks me

Why even schedule Paris if you already have a signing organized 5000 miles away in LA the day before the MD starts.

Now she's scheduled to play Doha, which is a tremendously tough draw with all the top 10 there, yet hasn't scheduled Dubai (where she's played her best tennis in recent years) to potentially cover for an early exit in Doha???

Worst case scenario Vee loses first match in Doha, then doesn't play until Florianapolis. If that happens then of the first 6 odd weeks of the season she could've picked up big points she only has a R3 of the AO, and has to start defending points starting from Miami and then you're under pressure for a good seeding for RG and Wimbledon!

Same story with the AO this year. Great that she warmed up in Australia on plexicushion, but if she'd played Brisbane or even better Auckland, chances are she'd have got a 16-24 seed avoided Pova in the third round and maybe made a couple more rounds in Melbourne. Just stupid decision making. She's already got enough challenges to face with age, illness, competition, that she doesn't need to make things harder for herself.

Rant over, i just needed to get it out there. Think this is my post Sharapova tension finally being released

See you in Doha Venus

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #29
country flag Z1988

Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold Z1988 is a splendid one to behold

Disappointing, though it seems to be logical considering what would have been her schedule had she not withdrawn: Melbourne - LA - Paris - Italy - Doha - Brazil - Miami; all in the period of two months!

But all in all, I agree, with her conditions, she should strategize much better, and that includes scheduling her tournaments and commitments!!

Now I hope she shows up in Doha, possibly take a WC for Dubai if she loses early, then win Florianopolis. That should put her in a better position coming to Miami where she will start defending points...
Z1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #30
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

Honestly her scheduling really baffles me.

This would have been the perfect rebound tournament for her and to get the ranking points up but instead it'll be in Doha where she would have less of a chance to make a deep run.

I guess signing autographs is more important than playing tennis.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote