Ranks - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #211
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikahhakim View Post
Vika needs to win just 1 more round robin match to earn the year-end #1 right?
Yes. But if Vika loses today Maria would have to go unbeaten in this tournament to clinch the #1 spot.

Last edited by Natural Joe : Oct 26th, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #212
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

YE #1 secured!
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #213
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

What an accomplishment. So happy for our goober!

It will be tough to maintain it at the beginning of next year (especially if Serena is still playing well) but she will forever be in the record books as a YE #1
Temperenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2012, 09:27 PM   #214
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful

Such a great accomplishment. I would have been so disappointed if it got nabbed right at the end.
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #215
country flag Vika Firegoddes

Vika Firegoddes is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, Vichka common girl! You are the best in WTA! Firegoddes!!!

Last edited by Vika Firegoddes : Nov 7th, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Vika Firegoddes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #216
country flag Natural Joe

Not the best chances to stay at the top after the AO, as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
With OZ points off:

Serena: 9470.
Sharapova: 8645.
Azarenka: 8325.

Radwanska does not have a possibility of ascending to #1.

Azarenka:
- Must defend AND have Serena not make semifinals.
- OR Make final and have Serena lose in the third round or earlier along with Sharapova losing in semifinals or earlier.
- A semifinal loss will end her reign at #1.

Sharapova:
- Winning the championship with Serena losing in semifinals or earlier.
- Making final with Serena losing in quarterfinals or earlier and Azarenka losing in semifinals or earlier.
- Make semifinals and have Serena lose first round with Azarenka losing in semifinals or earlier.

Serena:
- Winning the championship, regardless of opponent.
- Making the final, regardless of opponent.
- Making semifinals and Sharapova does not win the championship.
- Making the quarterfinals with Sharapova losing in semifinals or earlier and Azarenka losing in final at best.

Bottom line? Very tough road for Azarenka to return to #1. Really between Maria and Serena.
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #217
country flag nastya

nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold

Well it was quite obvious that she's going to lose #1 spot even if not after AO, but definitely in February-March, considering that Serena has almost nothing to lose, oh I mean defend
nastya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #218
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

To be expected honestly. That said, this summer she'll have some room to improve, especially come the French Open which was her weakest event last year.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #219
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Not really fussed about her losing the #1 ranking, it was going to be near impossible to defend it at this stage of the year and she's held it for a very respectable number of weeks and she'll be back up there if she keeps her game evolving and growing.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #220
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. I don't think Vika has really been the best player these last couple of months anyway, Serena has obviously been better, so I don't mind Vika being #2 for a while.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #221
country flag mariel

mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all mariel is a name known to all

I think it doesn't matter what ranking the person you love has. What matters is that Vika is healthy and happy. Even when she loses matches she will learn from them. I will support her anyway number 1 or number 100. She is for me a perfect role model in tennis. She never gives up and stays so close to herself. I love her for that.
mariel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #222
country flag Natural Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariel View Post
I think it doesn't matter what ranking the person you love has. What matters is that Vika is healthy and happy. Even when she loses matches she will learn from them. I will support her anyway number 1 or number 100. She is for me a perfect role model in tennis. She never gives up and stays so close to herself. I love her for that.
That goes without saying.
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #223
country flag Christinawww

Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future Christinawww has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Exactly. I don't think Vika has really been the best player these last couple of months anyway, Serena has obviously been better, so I don't mind Vika being #2 for a while.
Agree, Serena deserves getting the number 1 ranking the way she has been dominating lately. Being 2 after Serena isn 't bad as all, and I must admit I prefer a second slam to more weeks at number 1

Official Defender of Temper Tantrums in Vikaland

Visit http://www.victoriousvika.com for everything on Vika
Christinawww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #224
country flag hERi

hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice hERi is just really nice

Number 2 will not be bad at all esp. If no 1 is serena..maybe it will give vika an advantage to face serena with nothing to lose
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:15 PM   #225
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

As we know before the last two quarter-finals in Australian Open 2013 Victoria Azarenka has been 48 weeks at No.1 in 2012 and 2013.

If Sloane Stephens won Serena Williams in quarter-final, Vika would have a chance to remain at No.1. Obviously Vika needs to win her own quarter-final against Svetlana Kutnetzova, a semi-final against Sloane Stephens and a final against the winner of semi-final Maria Sharapova/Li Na.

If Serena Williams won Sloane Stephens in quarter-final, and if Vika won her last three matches and her second Grand Slam title, Serena would be the new No.1 and Vika would be No.2 in WTA ranking.

If the Australian Open final is Victoria Azarenka vs. Li Na, Maria Sharapova will be No.3 in WTA ranking.

Tomorrow there will be less speculations left....

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post

Current/sf/final/win

1. Serena 9970 10370 10870 11470
2. Sharapova 9145 9545 10045 10645
3. Azarenka 8825 9225 9725 10325
4. Radwanska 7750 (after her loss in quarter-final)
5. Kerber 5695
6. Li 5355 5755 6255 6855

18. Stephens 2066 2466 2966 3566
19. Goerges 1965
20. Makarova 1881 (after her loss in quarter-final)

50. Kuznetsova 1173 1573 2073 2673

Last edited by Exordes : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding and Editing Meelis statistics
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote