AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #1816
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Damn. The two Spaniards really messed up my schedule. I could have watched at least part of Maria's match before going to work....never mind.
Maria met my expectations of a not-so-stressful victory, although from some of the comments here it looks like the quality was perhaps not the best and if not bagels Maria could have baked breadsticks.
But the job is done and the Semis are in the bag. Now the level will step-up significantly, let's hope Maria will be ready.
Abuttons is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:02 AM   #1817
country flag Crux Squall

Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future Crux Squall has a brilliant future

i think Maria and Na will make tons of error on thursday
Suicide Tennis
Tipping Rank:#36
PAW Rank:#42 TitlesNew Haven 2014
FITD Rank:#109.
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM   #1818
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Not as good as some of her earlier rounds and was a bit scratchy in parts but she also had some really good parts and did more than enough to win. Im just so happy that she is in the semis. I know this is going to sound weird but I feel so calm now regarding the rest of the tournament. Had she been playing Aga I would have been nervous because I as many of you know I cant stand her but I feel like Li is more of an equal so I could better cope with a loss.

There is also that part of me that wouldnt mind as Im not keen on seeing another beat down in a final in Prime time.

I sound like such a fake fan.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1819
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Did Wilander just say Li is the favorite for the semi?
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM   #1820
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, don't you just love all the complaining about Maria's easy draws as soon as she goes deep in a Slam?
Shame Makarova wasn't more of a test though.

Li should be tough, and it will probably turn ugly again, but I think she's a better opponent to face than Radwanska at this stage.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:33 AM   #1821
country flag Jamrock,20

Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light Jamrock,20 is a glorious beacon of light

So Maria wasn't joking when she said she was flirty. She told Brad Gilbert she might tweet about him if he is lucky and he blushed like crazy lol even Chris Evert said it. Maria's just so awesome!
Jamrock,20 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1822
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

When the draw was made I saw quite a few posts saying "at least her draw isn't a cakewalk this time" when they saw she had to play Vee.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1823
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, there was all this talk how Venus could upset her, how she hadn't lost a match since the US Open etc, etc. Now of course Venus suddenly never was gonna be a challenge...
And Maria can't help it that Kerber and the likes of Cibulkova and Zakopalova lost early.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1824
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo just woke up to see the result
First SF of the year with a loss of just 9 games
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:47 AM   #1825
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Yeah, there was all this talk how Venus could upset her, how she hadn't lost a match since the US Open etc, etc. Now of course Venus suddenly never was gonna be a challenge...
And Maria can't help it that Kerber and the likes of Cibulkova and Zakopalova lost early.
Exactly the point I'm making on twitter right now People attack Maria as if it's her fault that the other failed to make it to meet her. It's ridiculous.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:55 AM   #1826
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I just replied to him saying I didn't get what it meant but better to have deleted it
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:55 AM   #1827
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Also yes I agree about your reactions to GM,
When that 'who has the hardest draw' poll appeared I instantly voted for Petra and placed Masha like 4th from the top 5
Because even if domi/Kerber had got through they would've been a non-entity. Masha has Na then either the world number one or well Rena

I'm sorry but the biggest supposed test for rena is Stephens in a slam QF and Vika with the easiest of draws has already managed to drop a set and be broken by Monica. Masha can't help it if she demolishes scrubs that need to be demolished

And btw this isn't a delusional post because Na is her biggest competition yet and a huge step up in level, and while a lot of you wanted Aga I was rooting for Na. Being able to retrieve agas dropshots aren't going to help her in the final. She needs a boxing match
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:58 AM   #1828
country flag JamieOwen3

I wanted Li also

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me...

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:09 AM   #1829
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Well now Vika has the hardest QF imo Then Masha...

but this is not a contest, I don't see the point of it, at the end there will only be one winner !

Glad Maria is in the SFs.
I kinda hope she will lose in the SFs so no beatdown, and I won't be annoyed on Saturday because I have a driving lesson from 8 to 10am , and the night session starts at 9.30 am Such a fake fan too.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1830
Forever Sharapova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Well now Vika has the hardest QF imo Then Masha...

but this is not a contest, I don't see the point of it, at the end there will only be one winner !

Glad Maria is in the SFs.
I kinda hope she will lose in the SFs so no beatdown, and I won't be annoyed on Saturday because I have a driving lesson from 8 to 10am , and the night session starts at 9.30 am Such a fake fan too.
It wasn't the case for Vika when errani and Vinci were relevant in the draw