What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 29 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #421
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
I don't know why but I've always associated them with pushers maybe I should look into one!
They are great for Slice due to the rectangularish shape of the racket head, control as they have double metal brimming and they are very easy to swing as their swing rate is easily balanced They are also very good if you have had injuries in the past, as I have, as you can absorb the pace without getting injuries Due to the fact it is very easy to control where the ball is placed and the fact that the racket is made in Japan, many Asian players use this racket Also, the dimensions and balances are much more accurate and they are made much better than other racket brands because unlike Babolat and Wilson where they have the rackets made in South-East Asian Sweatshops, Yonex rackets are made in Japan with much better equipment and you will find that they will not falter

The only disadvantage is that if you smash your racket at the top, then you will get hairline fractures which could lead to a break in the bits that are less straight and more curved in the top corners Also, something I have found with the VCore 100S is that it is almost too powerful It can also be harder to hit up the ball given the swing rate but slice is very easy to hit

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #422
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Chingching for your post. I have to confess that I used to have the same negative preconception about Yonex racquets because Wozniacki was the face of it.
Yonex V100 has a high overall score from the TW reviewers too and it is the racquet of choice for one of the play-testers there as well.
But I do wonder why more famous Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.

May the HAMMER smash the cross

Last edited by Payam : Jan 7th, 2013 at 01:40 AM.
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #423
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
Thanks Chingching for your post. I have to confess that I used to have the same negative preconception about Yonex racquets because Wozniacki was the face of it.
Yonex V100 has a high overall score from the TW reviewers too and it is the racquet of choice for one of the play-testers there as well.
But I do wonder why more Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.
Wilson = $$$$$
Yonex = $

Advantage, Wilson.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #424
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I do wonder why more famous Japanese players such as Nishikori do not use these racquets.
Basically because of Money. Yonex wants to invest overseas not just locally Same reason why many French players don't use Babolat

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #425
country flag ezone

ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all ezone is a name known to all

Yonex always pays their players very well. Ivanovic and Wozniacki have two of the biggest racket deals for women. You can research it on the internet. Obviously the smaller racket companies have to pay more. When Ivanovic signed with Yonex before she won the French Open it was reported to be the richest contract for any female player.
ezone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #426
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Ezone and Chingching. It was informative to read both of your posts.

@ darrinbaker00: lol, it was funny way of putting it.

Old Jan 8th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #427
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I have been playing with Yonex for years but I have seen a new Wilson racket I'm keen on and thinking maybe its time for a change. I always play with Mids and am currently using the V Core 89 but thinking of changing to this to give me a touch more power and be slightly more forgiving:

Wilson Blade 93

Hotness!
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #428
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

I get very angry on court i broke 7 Racquets in 2011, 5 in 2012 and hopefully maybe only 3 this year

Anyway i have gone from Prince o3 white to Head Youtek IG instinct but because of rotator cuff problems (channelling my inner maria fan) after i broke my last instinct i decided i may aswell just change racquets because people whinge about sore joints from the instinct sometimes. So now i bought the Wilson BLX pro because apparently its good for my game style and has STACKS of control

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #429
country flag procarvalho

procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice procarvalho is just really nice
Head ti inpulse!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
procarvalho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #430
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute

My old Prince racket broke, so I got a different one for my Birthday! Really excited to try them!

Didn't realise it was Federer's model until after I bought it. But you win some you lose some!

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #431
country flag Payam

It isn't exactly Federer's, he uses Six One 95.

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:33 PM   #432
Macomere

Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute Macomere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It isn't exactly Federer's, he uses Six One 95.
Macomere is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #433
country flag Payam

yes you are right, it is 90 not 95. Thanx for the correction.

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM   #434
country flag webfire

webfire is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an amateur tennis player and I recently bought this Yonex RQ Revolution Ace Tennis Racquet from an online store, www.Sports365.in. I bought this based on the advise given by one my friends. The new racquet has not let me down, looks like a good buy.

Yonex tennis racquet

Last edited by webfire : Jan 24th, 2013 at 11:47 AM.
webfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #435
country flag Payam

Quote:
Originally Posted by webfire View Post
I am an amateur tennis player and I recently bought this Yonex RQ Revolution Ace Tennis Racquet from an online store, www.Sports365.in. I bought this based on the advise given by one my friends. The new racquet has not let me down, looks like a good buy :-)

Yonex tennis racquet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezone View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that you purchased a Yonex racket that you were not happy with. The model you purchased was discontinued a long time ago. With any racket it's always best to demo a model. Places like Tenniswarehouse.com (not sure available in India) allows you to demo before purchase for a nominal fee. It's impossible to know if you will like a racket unless you try it. Next time, try to find an authorized dealer from that racket company since there are also many fake models being sold on the internet. If you check out the Yonex .com website they will show you how to learn if your model is counterfeit. I do know the new Yonex models aren't sold with racket covers in USA but rather a cloth tennis bag. The high end Yonex rackets are made in Japan such as the Ezone XI and Vcore Xi series.

Well it seems the post you have answered to has been generated by a spambot to advertise the website.
Also the poster has been quite happy with racket s/he has bought and a smiley face is there to confirm it too, so I am surprised how you have thought the poster is unhappy with the Yonex racquet
Thanks for the info anyway.