Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #121
country flag petkoan

petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of petkoan has much to be proud of
Re: Hingis - Compare Radwanska to me when she's won a slam

The thing is that I get so much pleasure and excitement when I watch Hingis, while Radwanska does nothing with me.
petkoan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:26 AM   #122
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
At times, yes. She basically routined all the top 50 ranked power players (when she wasn't extremely injured, hence her defeats against the likes of Mirza a week after defeating them 6-1 6-0 ), and definitely didn't struggle against the top power players (Venus, Sharapova, Davenport)
Kim?

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:34 AM   #123
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Kim?
Kim wasn't as near as powerful as Preshoulderpova or Davenport, and nor was Hantuchova, yet she always struggled against the 2 of them

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:07 AM   #124
country flag Malkmus_

Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of Malkmus_ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by petkoan View Post
The thing is that I get so much pleasure and excitement when I watch Hingis, while Radwanska does nothing with me.
Same. Watching peak Hingis v Davenport or Williamses matches were fantastic. Whilst in comparison watching Radwanska v Sharapova or Azarenka does nothing for me.
Malkmus_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:33 AM   #125
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Aga needs to prove that she can win against the big hitters at later stages of the GS's before the comparison can start...I think that's what Martina may be implying (if she really did state what the OP suggested).

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:37 AM   #126
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis may be right. I am a big fan of hers and I miss her. But Aga plays against twice the competition that Martina had in her prime. That's just the truth.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:48 AM   #127
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Hingis may be right. I am a big fan of hers and I miss her. But Aga plays against twice the competition that Martina had in her prime. That's just the truth.

Martina played during the time of Seles, Graf, Davenport, Serena, Venus, Capriati, Pierce. You are kidding right?
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:10 AM   #128
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

how a player who reached SF at a Slam only once can be seriously compared with the player who won 5 Slams , was in 7 more Finals and 7 more SF in much tougher era is beyond my understanding
Martina is completely right , just probably too gracious towards Radwanska

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:19 AM   #129
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Hingis couldn't reach a Slam semi in her 2nd career. I guess that would make 2006-7 an even "tougher" era than her first career?

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 04:26 AM   #130
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
Hingis couldn't reach a Slam semi in her 2nd career. I guess that would make 2006-7 an even "tougher" era than her first career?
2006 was her first year on tour after a 4 year layoff. Nuff said. 2007 she was injured for half the season, then retirement shortly after.

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:38 AM   #131
country flag VeeReeDavJCap81

VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute VeeReeDavJCap81 has a reputation beyond repute

Still as arrogant as they come. For some reason tho, I always liked her because she has no filter and says what she's thinking
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:41 AM   #132
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

what's with tennis players from switzerland? they seem to take everything very seriously.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:42 AM   #133
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

if the same question was asked to nadal, he would declare radwanska better than him.....

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #134
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hingis would really struggle if she played her PEAK now. I think if Agatha playd at the same time as Hingis with the same rackets, they would be extremely comparable with Hingis only having a few more slams and of couse winning every match on clay
Agatha's serve and retrieving is better. The real question is whether with the less powerful and heavy ball coming at her would she be able to make the most of her angles and drop shots like Hingis D\did

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #135
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
what's with tennis players from switzerland? they seem to take everything very seriously.....
Wawrinka doesn't have a serious bone in his body - but I'm sure you didn't have him in mind
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote