Sloane Stephens ' Little kids goes home first week' Aka Nadia,Marion,Petra,Sam, - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:14 PM   #106
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all
Re: Sloane Stephens ' Little kids goes home first week' Aka Nadia,Marion,Petra,Sam,

Sloane is always laughing and smiling when she makes comments...come on people...I don't know why you get sooo upset. And it is true what she said...which was pretty much that those who are playing better, i.e. "the big dogs" are normally in the second week. I swear its depressing how negative and rude people get on this board at times.
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM   #107
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future
Re: Sloane Stephens ' Little kids goes home first week' Aka Nadia,Marion,Petra,Sam,

As people have already said, it's only an off-the-cuff remark in a some promo vid. Chill out

But being a funny crowd-pleaser only goes so far, and the fact that she has only one ITF title is a bit worrying. Maybe being a bit less happy-go-lucky and bit more ruthless (or disrespectful ) would be a good thing
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:28 PM   #108
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelpova View Post
This girl...
Well said.

I don't get the things Sloane Stephens says. But she has a great smile. The truth is if she lost in the first week she would not have said this. She was lucky to not have had to play Kvitova. She got her pigeon Robson instead. Enough said about that.

I generally like Stephens' game though. She plays all court tennis kind of like Makiri does but with a much bigger upside due her heavier groundies, much bigger serve and much stronger boday. I think she can be a top 5 player at some point and win a slam or 2. But she talks a bit too much for my taste at this stage of her career. That said she and Madison Keys are the future of American women's tennis and I hope they stay healthy and fulfill their vast potential as tennis players because they can be very good.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jan 21st, 2013 at 05:40 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM   #109
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by erschloy214 View Post
Sloane is always laughing and smiling when she makes comments...come on people...I don't know why you get sooo upset. And it is true what she said...which was pretty much that those who are playing better, i.e. "the big dogs" are normally in the second week. I swear its depressing how negative and rude people get on this board at times.
I don't think people are upset. They just don't agree with you.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM   #110
country flag KournikovaFan91
*Sesil*

KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute KournikovaFan91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
As people have already said, it's only an off-the-cuff remark in a some promo vid. Chill out

But being a funny crowd-pleaser only goes so far, and the fact that she has only one ITF title is a bit worrying. Maybe being a bit less happy-go-lucky and bit more ruthless (or disrespectful ) would be a good thing
These one off comments live forever on TF I think Sesil only once said her return would be thunderous and look how that nickname has stuck

Robson and sluts is another example.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM   #111
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KournikovaFan91 View Post
These one off comments live forever on TF I think Sesil only once said her return would be thunderous and look how that nickname has stuck

Robson and sluts is another example.
Of course they do!

Sloane never uttered those players names but the OP put them in the thread title on purpose to lure us suckers in No one on TF will bother looking at the live video, and she will be attributed with actually saying it forever 'n ever, and it won't matter.

Last edited by Ntosake : Jan 21st, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:31 PM   #112
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that Sloane is mean-intentioned at all, but she seems a bit immature, I mean, she's a top 20 player now she's in the spotlight, if she doesn't change her attitude one day she will make a 'joke' about a very serious matter and God knows what will happen.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM   #113
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Now media is just changing the context of her interview

Sloane ' she said I was too quiet , I didnt think I was on court
Media guy' she said you told her she should be more loud on court
Serena ' she did ?

So she better watch what she says
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM   #114
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

What's happened to Raonic?. He was so cute but now has a chubby face and that hair is just horrible.
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 12:44 PM   #115
country flag LefandePatty

LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute LefandePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic's hair in that vid

Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 01:05 PM   #116
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LefandePatty View Post
Raonic's hair in that vid

For a second I thought that was Kim Clijsters speaking.
Old Jun 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM   #117
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Well... She did hold her own until now.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote