Ashleigh Barty - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:27 PM   #871
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
None of them are questionable in that we aren't blessed with that much depth. And she will no doubt get a stack more over the next three years, which is my concern. Does she need the next French w/c or TA to beg Wimbledon to give her one for the main draw this year? No, make her qualify and to battle players that are not as talented but probably more desperate at this stage.
Well, she earned her Wimbledon WC last year. As for the French in 2013, the alternative will be Rogowskwa which is not really a better choice. I will really be stunned if she is not in top 100 by Dec 2014.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM   #872
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Looks like she (so did Dellacqua) pulled out of Pattaya.
No, only Barty withdrew. Dellacqua is in the main draw now
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:31 PM   #873
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Great she is having this nice experience

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:40 AM   #874
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Well, she earned her Wimbledon WC last year. As for the French in 2013, the alternative will be Rogowskwa which is not really a better choice. I will really be stunned if she is not in top 100 by Dec 2014.
I think she will easily be top 100 by then. There's a decent chance she will be top 50. She's only a bit more experience and a bit more strength and fitness away from beating top 50 players right now.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM   #875
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yes, through winning the junior tournie in 2011, won't be the case for this year, so if she gets one it will be discretionary. As we discussed previously. it can't hurt her development by playing quallies in a slam or two so I hope TA don't lobby the Wimbledon committee for one.

As for the French, its not as clear cut was we may think. Jarka and Casey both are sitting outside the cut-off now and have till May to rectify this.... if not they are in the running. And if Bobusic continues to impress she may be in the picture too.

Its a pity that TA have ditched the play-off for the non-AO wildcards that they run a couple of years ago. A playoff with Ash, Jarka, Casey, Rodionova's x 2, Liv, Jones, Mon, Bojana would be great preparation for the French for these girls.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:20 AM   #876
country flag 5tatRacket
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatRacket View Post
Yes, and getting tough draws hinders her in this regard. A win or two in big events will give her lots of ranking points and get her into bigger events and hence more valuable experience.

Going back to small Australian tournaments to stop her ranking sliding depresses me but I don't know her intended schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
How do you know that?

According to sources here, she has entered a couple of WTA tournaments in February.

Doubles semi-final (with Dellacqua) tomorrow night on Rod Laver Arena after Federer and Tsonga!
5tatRacket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM   #877
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Semi finalist in a Slam doubles is a huge achievement. Massive chance now against one of the oddest Slam SF pairings I've ever come across.

Wonder what a high doubles ranking will mean for Ash now? Will she neglect it in order to focus on singles (obviously singles being #1 priority), or will she continue to play WTA events to strengthen it?

Her singles rank is not far off getting in to WTA qualy draws. She will easily get into International qualies draws, not sure about Premier and above though.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #878
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute
Doesnt she have age restriction things though?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:36 PM   #879
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Yes, through winning the junior tournie in 2011, won't be the case for this year, so if she gets one it will be discretionary. As we discussed previously. it can't hurt her development by playing quallies in a slam or two so I hope TA don't lobby the Wimbledon committee for one.

As for the French, its not as clear cut was we may think. Jarka and Casey both are sitting outside the cut-off now and have till May to rectify this.... if not they are in the running. And if Bobusic continues to impress she may be in the picture too.

Its a pity that TA have ditched the play-off for the non-AO wildcards that they run a couple of years ago. A playoff with Ash, Jarka, Casey, Rodionova's x 2, Liv, Jones, Mon, Bojana would be great preparation for the French for these girls.

Yes that's what I was saying about her Wimbledon 2012 WC. Don't think TA will lobby the Wimbledon Committee unless she plays very well between now and then which is unlikely.

As for the French, yes all the girls(except Stosur ) are currently out of the cut-off. I think Dellacqua will make it directly, it will be interesting to see how they perform in the coming months.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:42 PM   #880
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Doesnt she have age restriction things though?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using VerticalSports.Com App
Yes, she does. She can play 4 tournaments until her birthday.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM   #881
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

So great
They really have a chance to reach the final now

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #882
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

these pics are so cute

btw, if Ash/Casey wins does that mean Ash can get a sub-forum?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #883
country flag guichard

Great photos !!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #884
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

They can be proud about her tournament

Old Jan 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM   #885
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

#46 Doubles Ranking
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote