Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #1156
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Happy birthday Laura!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #1157
country flag Skoo

Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of Skoo has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Happy birthday, Laura! Isn't it tomorrow, though?
Skoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #1158
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoo View Post
Happy birthday, Laura! Isn't it tomorrow, though?
She's still in Australia now and it's the 21st there already.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1159
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Birthday Laura!!
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:20 AM   #1160
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

Happy birthday Laura!!
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1161
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Birthday Laura
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM   #1162
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Highlights for the Laura/Petra Errorfest. (Now with 98% fewer errors)
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM   #1163
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Kotre - Thanks for posting that video. That's why i love highlights. They show the best shots
Only if Laura could have played those shots consistently all throughout her matches.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:58 PM   #1164
Royals.

Sloane is playing amazing right now. Laura could be her next year. Laura has actually produced similar results to Sloane when she was 18 in 2012.

Sloane lost in the first rounds of her AO warm ups and she made the 3rd Round of AO12. Exactly like Laura. I want her to have deeper runs in the MM tourneys. Not just the Majors.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1165
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Perhaps one day she will. We can only hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Sloane is playing amazing right now. Laura could be her next year. Laura has actually produced similar results to Sloane when she was 18 in 2012.

Sloane lost in the first rounds of her AO warm ups and she made the 3rd Round of AO12. Exactly like Laura. I want her to have deeper runs in the MM tourneys. Not just the Majors.
Arguably, Laura's progressed further than Sloane had at the same time. Her results against top players are already better and she's actually reached a tour final.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #1166
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

The Kvitova match isn't that bad.

I don't know why Robson isn't more successful; she's got a big lefty serve, a big lefty forehand and a nice backhand, not to mention she's obviously improving her mental game as proven by the Petra match. If she was just a little bit faster...
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:03 PM   #1167
Royals.

It'd be great if Laura had her own players forum.

You can request one here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...439739&page=17
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM   #1168
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post

I don't know why Robson isn't more successful; she's got a big lefty serve, a big lefty forehand and a nice backhand, not to mention she's obviously improving her mental game as proven by the Petra match. If she was just a little bit faster...
It's all to do with consistency and being more court smart. She has all the weapons it's just that she needs to fulfill that potential throughout all her matches.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1169
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post

Foot speed isn't the main issue. Her ability to control rallies with pure power makes it less exploitable of a weakness than it really should be. Though she should still work on it, just so that she can be in better positions when hitting I just don't see it as a number 1 priority. If Laura is requiring an extended rally to find a chance to hit a winner (or more likely at the moment, an error) something's wrong.

Her biggest problems at the moment are consistency related. She needs to work on getting her big shots in, rather than giving her opponents free points. She's got those shots, but that isn't useful if her forehand's sending more balls long or into the net than count as winners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
It'd be great if Laura had her own players forum.

You can request one here:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...439739&page=17
Eh by the attention Laura gets, the S+C section should be changed to the Laura Robson section with the other players relegated to a subforum. She's gotten more posts in her threads than Anne, Bally, Heather and Konta combined and more views than every other thread in the entire section combined. I know, I checked.

I'm being facetious but this forum pretty much is the Laura Robson (and her friends) section already.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1170
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Perhaps one day she will. We can only hope.

Arguably, Laura's progressed further than Sloane had at the same time. Her results against top players are already better and she's actually reached a tour final.
I agree here. Laura is still a good year behind Sloane in terms of tennis years but her progression is much better. Two consecutive 3rd rounds at grand slams, two top 10 players beaten, former world number 1 beaten and a tour final all starting from that semi final in Palermo

And if we just think about it, this time last year, Laura was about to enter a 25K in ITF, where she lost in the QF. This year will be more of a consolidation year for her, getting to second week of wimbledon and USO and winning a tour title, will be enough to set her up for 2014 which i predict will be the year for laura

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote