Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #406
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro doesn't give herself much time during the season for training with her heavy schedule though. Groeneveld complained about that before.
So has Caroline. The road map is fine if unless you keep winning.

The point I was making was that changes are a constant process throughout the season, but you only introduce them into a match when they are ready. Mads commented that most players use smaller tourneys to test changes in the wild before bringing them to the big tournaments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #407
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
I really hope you are joking. Otherwise a completely idiotic comment

R3 vs Tsurenko: 5 Winners, 17 UEs = - 12

That is a horrible stat. And why do you say this ratio is typical ?!

R1 vs Lisicki: 12 Winners, 8 UEs = + 4
R2 vs Vekic: 13 Winners, 15 UEs = - 2

Not to mention the great matches when Caro was playing as #1.
I am not kidding at all, actually. If you were a bit smart you would not ignore the opponents UEs in the match stats. The number of winners is never what counts most in Caro's matches, rather the number of errors from the opponents' racket. Oh,and save that patronising attitude to GM thread.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:41 AM   #408
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It matters how you play key points. Caro had plenty of chances to not lose 2 times in 2 weeks to Sveta, but you have to play break points well.Its so mental. You have to be able to play well consitently with her style. Cant be up & down
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:22 AM   #409
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh,I felt that--in her current state--Caro's chances of getting past the QFs were fairly remote,and that's why this loss isn't as disappointing to me as it otherwise might have been.Can't see where there's a big difference in confidence between making the 4th Round and reaching the QFs,and I'm not so sure that Caro would take/learn that much from a non-competitive match with her Belarussian buddy......Still,I'm glad that Caroline didn't flat-out embarrass herself on the AO swing,and perhaps she'll find some success on spring HCs before clay season begins

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM   #410
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Considering that many thought she would exit in the first round this result is not bad.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:40 AM   #411
country flag bck.adi

bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all bck.adi is a name known to all

Caroline will lose 10th place to Bartoli
bck.adi is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:31 AM   #412
gdmirou

gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all

Not a bad run at all, I believe. I never expected Caro to survive Lisicki after all. And I feared a thorough drubbing from Kuznetsova, which, fortunately, did not happen.

So, on to the next slam and the tournaments in between. But Caro has got to step up next time around.

Go, Caro!
gdmirou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:32 AM   #413
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the ranking, at least the three players in front of Caroline are also struggling. If she can have decent results in Doha/Dubai/Indian Wells/Miami she should be able to stabilise her ranking inside the top ten.

This loss sucks, it really does, but after Brisbane/Sydney few of us thought that she would get this far. Let's see if she can do better over the next couple of months.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM   #414
gdmirou

gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all gdmirou is a name known to all

Still and all, to be honest about it, I still feel really bad about the loss as I always do after every match Caro loses.
gdmirou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:03 AM   #415
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Re...
This loss sucks, it really does, but after Brisbane/Sydney few of us thought that she would get this far. Let's see if she can do better over the next couple of months.
She got this far because Lisicki played crazy bad after being up 3-0 in set 3.
In her last match before Sveta, she was serving for the match, made 2 unforced backhand errors, but the girl she played just dumped routine balls in the net.
This was 3 tournaments with only 4 match wins. Now the last 4 majors she has a total of 5 match wins.
These are averages of losing in round 2.
From her loss in Copenhagen last year thru her loss to Begu, she won 14 of 24 matches over 4 months. Again an average of losing in round 2.

When she lost here last year and fell from #1 to #4, she didnt go train for Doha, she went to Dubai to watch Rory, then lost her 1st match in Doha.

She doesnt have a coach. That could be a big part of this current problem. She makes her training schedule. Its all within her comfort zone. She probably is the person who decided she would go for more high risk forehands back in summer of 2011.

So lets see how Sveta does against VIka, because Sveta took care of Caroline's 2013 Australia season

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:07 AM   #416
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't really take comfort in the fact that she got to the fourth round, considering she didn't really play anyone that could hurt her after Lisicki, and Sveta ended up taking her out like I thought she would. If Pavly didn't bomb out in the 1st round, she probably could have taken out Caroline in the 3rd round. She didn't defend her points and she's out of the top 10. Not alot of positives to take from this tournament. We'll have to see how she does in the next mandatory/premier.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM   #417
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She got this far because Lisicki played crazy bad after being up 3-0 in set 3.
In her last match before Sveta, she was serving for the match, made 2 unforced backhand errors, but the girl she played just dumped routine balls in the net.
This was 3 tournaments with only 4 match wins. Now the last 4 majors she has a total of 5 match wins.
These are averages of losing in round 2.
From her loss in Copenhagen last year thru her loss to Begu, she won 14 of 24 matches over 4 months. Again an average of losing in round 2.

When she lost here last year and fell from #1 to #4, she didnt go train for Doha, she went to Dubai to watch Rory, then lost her 1st match in Doha.

She doesnt have a coach. That could be a big part of this current problem. She makes her training schedule. Its all within her comfort zone. She probably is the person who decided she would go for more high risk forehands back in summer of 2011.

So lets see how Sveta does against VIka, because Sveta took care of Caroline's 2013 Australia season
Piotr + Adidas team are still there.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:46 AM   #418
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Piotr + Adidas team are still there.
And what components of her game they have helped her to improve in the last couple of years?

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:13 AM   #419
country flag goldenlox

I guess we have to see how the whole year plays out. But while other consistent young players like Vika and Aga have progressed in their careers, Caroline has gone backwards.
I dont know if the adidas team helps.

This whole thing is about how much Caroline wants her game to improve. We know she is comfortable with her dad and that will be this year at least. But she is definately not as good as 2010, early 2011, when she closed matches out and had winning streaks.
But first I want to see if Sveta can make her match with Vika competitive. If she can play Vika close, then losing twice to Sveta will look okay
So lets see how this goes.

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM   #420
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
I can't really take comfort in the fact that she got to the fourth round, considering she didn't really play anyone that could hurt her after Lisicki, and Sveta ended up taking her out like I thought she would. If Pavly didn't bomb out in the 1st round, she probably could have taken out Caroline in the 3rd round. She didn't defend her points and she's out of the top 10. Not alot of positives to take from this tournament. We'll have to see how she does in the next mandatory/premier.
that indeed. moreover I would point out that she lost a match in which she was the player playing the best tennis and the one who had more chances to win the match and in the end got edged mentally by Sveta! this is worrying IMO

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread