[WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75 - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:13 AM   #91
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
No, she played at that same aggressive level (in comparison to the Serena match) throughout this event, particularly against Halep.
Halep has like no fucking pace and doesn't have the ability to consistently pressure Stephens. Each time I've seen Stephens play against anyone who can crack the ball, she's conceded far too much ground.

She's not comfortable being close to the baseline against bigger hitters.
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:13 AM   #92
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
It's easy for a lot of people to play freely against Serena.

As I have said before, aggressive instincts and the way a player applies their skills to a match cannot be altered majorly. Either you feel comfortable going for it or you don't.

Stephens is content to rely on her movement and footspeed when things get too competitive, and that's telling.
Cibulkova. Bye bye.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM   #93
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's easy for a lot of people to play freely against Serena.

As I have said before, aggressive instincts and the way a player applies their skills to a match cannot be altered majorly. Either you feel comfortable going for it or you don't.
Andy Murray
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM   #94
country flag Sergius

Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute Sergius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post

Everybody seems to love her but I think she is kinda cocky

and I couldn't stand her pushing thoughout this match
It's just the Americans going nuts about the only one player of theirs that will be good after WS' retirement
Sergius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:14 AM   #95
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
No, she played at that same aggressive level (in comparison to the Serena match) throughout this event, particularly against Halep.

That's because Halep is a worthless pusher with no weapons, she is pretty much forced to be agressive against someone like her.

I don't know what to tell you if you don't think Sloane is a naturally defensive player, clearly you don't know anything about your own girl.

I'm sure she'll be more comfortable at being aggressive in the future but to say she isn't naturally defensive is just plain wrong.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #96
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Halep has like no fucking pace and doesn't have the ability to consistently pressure Stephens. Each time I've seen Stephens play against anyone who can crack the ball, she's conceded far too much ground.

Well, does it seem wise to play aggressive, which is the game of all bigger hitters, against big hitters?
pancake is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #97
country flag producer88

producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold producer88 is a splendid one to behold

Her Post-match interview>>>> lmaooo too funny! I think Serena telling her to grunt more, is trying to tell her to be aggressive.

Again Sloane's only weakness creeped out on her, her focus/mentality. Someone needs to remind this girl she has fire power. She started to play defense & become shelter when Bojo started screaming louder and louder (seriously Vika & Masha grunt>>>>Bojo). She needs to learn not let the other player distract her and stay FOCUS.

I'm happy Sloane is on the map now! She started to get haters like Smitten & Jarkfish, and once you have haters you're doing something right! Good for you Sloane, welcome to the big leagues
producer88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:15 AM   #98
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
Cibulkova. Bye bye.
Sydney final. Bye.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:16 AM   #99
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You just acknowledged that she played the same way against Serena but made an excuse for why she did so.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:16 AM   #100
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

I expected Sloane to win but not with this score. Oh Bojanovski, what a wasted chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergius View Post
It's just the Americans going nuts about the only one player of theirs that will be good after WS' retirement
Indeed. Don't make me dislike a potentially good and likeable player, stans!

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM   #101
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Sloane already causing result thread drama just like the queens of the tour.
njnetswill is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM   #102
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post

Yeah sure, fewer aces, more DFs, lower 1st serve in percentage, lower 1st serve won percentage, lower 2nd serve won percentage, fewer winners, more UEs. Yeah I still don't understand how she lost the match.
But at least she did not play a passive. This match was like when Aga beat Masha
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:18 AM   #103
country flag F4CU

F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of F4CU has much to be proud of

bojana
Doubles Titles: WTA Stanford´13(w/Martn7) ITF Merida´13(w/*Jean*) ITF Andrezieux´14(w/*Jean*)
Results:S: SF AO´13 SF Rome´13 D: F Cincinnati´13
F4CU is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:18 AM   #104
country flag supergrunt

supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute supergrunt has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God someone shut Jovanovski up!
supergrunt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:19 AM   #105
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Honestly, considering the frequency of Bojana's laughably atrocious errors in the first set, I'm not surprised that Sloane started pushing more. I mean, wouldn't you all do the same? Why hit a lower percentage shot when there seems to be a 50% chance that your opponent's next shot will fly out of the stadium?

She needs to work on being able to switch between her aggressive and defensive games. Both are strong, but obviously today she needed to get back into aggressive mode once Bojana started finding the court. If she can find the right balance, she will make many many more slam QFs.
Basically this.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote