[WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM   #76
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute
Re: [WTA SAVED!] AO R4: Stephens d. Jovanovski 61 36 75

Better player lost

Tennis Tipping
TITLES
Singles:
2012: CH Quanzhou, CH Charlottesville
Doubles: 2011: CH Antalya (W/coolfish1103) 2013: CH Andrezieux-Boutheon (W/kfh_9118) 2014: WTA Linz (W/kfh_9118)
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM   #77
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos.rs View Post
this. Saved from who, and saved by who? If by WTA he means US tennis, he needs to think again, because Sloane is no saviour. This obviously was a shame for WTA, but, too bad Bojana didn't come through in the end...
Nobody cares about Bojana she's a Eastern European journey woman who has not made an impact on the WTA Tour.

Nationality MATTERS, Sloane Stephens is an American from the most powerful nation on earth. Now the USA women's tennis is indeed saved because the American men are floundering. Now America, has a young woman only nineteen years old in the WTA top 20 that's something to celebrate. Also, the Eurosports commentators got it right the girl's game is too mechanical
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:05 AM   #78
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I don't like Sloane's personality

Everybody seems to love her but I think she is kinda cocky
Look at your avatar and sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
@ anyone who thinks Sloane is going to win Slams.
Didn't you say the same thing for Azarenka?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenus Christ View Post
Wait Kerber's ankle I thought it was her shoulder..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.

Last edited by James : Jan 21st, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:06 AM   #79
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moretogo View Post
Which was kind of her point. I don't know, some of like people who can actually have a sense of humor about themselves.
Some people take her too literally.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM   #80
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of JamieMU30 has much to be proud of

Sloane, congrats She didn't play her best most aggressive tennis but it is understandable due to the pressure and occassion to make her first GS QF...But Jovanovski should not be anywhere near the R4 of any slam...That screaming was so bad and I can't blame Sloane for waiting for that brainless girl's errors...She almost got bagelled in the first set Sloane actually has a future and all Jovanovski has is Baku Trash taken out so thank you Sloane...People are such haters saying Sloane's personality is not good...She seems very funny and engaging...Haters stay pressed Help your fave BB keep the ball in play next time

Good luck against Rena now and up your game, please
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM   #81
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
I don't think Stephens is a pusher, but she certainly played like one. Strangely so, because her timing on the forehand side is superb. She can do much better.

Anyway, congrats!

Her natural instincts are very defensive, I've been watching her since 2010 and it's always been the case. She's become more aggressive as the years go by due to coaches and the USTA trying to make her more agressive, though.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM   #82
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
It's not Bojana, it's the fact that she was trying to reach her first GS QF. But yes, Sloane needs to work on staying aggressive in pressure moments.

She's absolutely not a pusher, though. Those claiming so clearly have not seen much more from her than the end of this match. She actually hits quite hard much of the time in her matches (ex. the Serena match in Brisbane).
It's easy for a lot of people to play freely against Serena.

As I have said before, aggressive instincts and the way a player applies their skills to a match cannot be altered majorly. Either you feel comfortable going for it or you don't.

Stephens is content to rely on her movement and footspeed when things get too competitive, and that's telling.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM   #83
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

She's done very well to take full advantage of her draw. Given what was at stake, the nervy play was understandable.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM   #84
country flag pancake

pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute pancake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorche View Post
Better player lost

Yeah sure, fewer aces, more DFs, lower 1st serve in percentage, lower 1st serve won percentage, lower 2nd serve won percentage, fewer winners, more UEs. Yeah I still don't understand how she lost the match.
pancake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM   #85
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
It's easy for a lot of people to play freely against Serena.

As I have said before, aggressive instincts and the way a player applies their skills to a match cannot be altered majorly. Either you feel comfortable going for it or you don't.

Stephens is content to rely on her movement and footspeed when things get too competitive, and that's telling.
No, she played at that same aggressive level (in comparison to the Serena match) throughout this event, particularly against Halep.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #86
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
That doesn't mean much IMO, I remember Wozniacki hit an amazing BH DTL winner in her 2009 USO match vs. Kuznetsova at 5-5 in the second set tiebreak.

The way she was hitting her groundstrokes in those last few games was incredibly passive. And she was playing Jovanovski, not a big name at all
Jovanovski is like the inferior western version of Li, the best way of winning is being consistent really!

Sloane has some big guns there, her technique is perfect, huge forehand and serve, I don't know many players who could hit through Sloane's fh regurarly.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #87
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, considering the frequency of Bojana's laughably atrocious errors in the first set, I'm not surprised that Sloane started pushing more. I mean, wouldn't you all do the same? Why hit a lower percentage shot when there seems to be a 50% chance that your opponent's next shot will fly out of the stadium?

She needs to work on being able to switch between her aggressive and defensive games. Both are strong, but obviously today she needed to get back into aggressive mode once Bojana started finding the court. If she can find the right balance, she will make many many more slam QFs.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #88
country flag Nivellen

Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all Nivellen is a name known to all

Peak pushing.
Nivellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM   #89
Kairi

Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute Kairi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
I don't like Sloane's personality

Everybody seems to love her but I think she is kinda cocky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
Look at your avatar and sig
Kairi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:13 AM   #90
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Nobody cares about Bojana she's a Eastern European journey woman who has not made an impact on the WTA Tour.

Nationality MATTERS, Sloane Stephens is an American from the most powerful nation on earth. Now the USA women's tennis is indeed saved because the American men are floundering. Now America, has a young woman only nineteen years old in the WTA top 20 that's something to celebrate. Also, the Eurosports commentators got it right the girl's game is too mechanical
very humorous

Tennis Tipping
TITLES
Singles:
2012: CH Quanzhou, CH Charlottesville
Doubles: 2011: CH Antalya (W/coolfish1103) 2013: CH Andrezieux-Boutheon (W/kfh_9118) 2014: WTA Linz (W/kfh_9118)
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote