Bojana Jovanovski - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:05 AM   #16
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bojana Jovanovski

I'm of course not saying she shouldn't ever hit winners, when the kill shot is there you got to take it and make it. But when it's not there you can't force it.

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:06 AM   #17
country flag HeninFan_2008

HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all HeninFan_2008 is a name known to all

Isn't it violating the rules to grunt like that?
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:06 AM   #18
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Bojana is divine

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:09 AM   #19
country flag Hurley
Enemy of Art

Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute Hurley has a reputation beyond repute

oop
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 05:32 AM   #20
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! This chick has the most irritating grunt ever! Hell, I'm one of the few who doesn't even mind grunting, but the noise Jovanovski is making is outrageous! It's far worse than Vika and Maria.

This is truly the only grunt that has ever bothered me.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:02 AM   #21
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a great grunt. It shows how hard she is willing to work and win the point.

But I agree with the mix up in her game. She has great footspeed, anticipation and rallying skills. But too often she goes for the kill shot too early in the point. Her power is quite average to be honest in comparison to some true BBBs like Kvitova, Na, Rezai etc. but what she has over them is this grit and determination to somehow slip a winner in after a long rally. She should look to improve her touch, finesse and volleying skills. It would help her greatly if she came to the net to shorten the points out instead of playing these huge long rallies that takes like 20 strokes before she finally hits a winner.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:03 AM   #22
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
First time watching her play in this match against Sloane Stephens and she is a mess.

I thought people said she had talent.

Edit: and how did she make it to the 4R here
She is talented, no one can deny it, it's just a matter do you like her or not. She reaches 4th round of a GS and haters crawl out of their holes, nothing new for TF.
Next.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:28 AM   #23
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
She's abysmal. Sloane is looking good, because Bojana is hitting every ball out of the stadium.
They had almost the same number of ues and Sloane ended hitting more winners than Jovanovski.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:29 AM   #24
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of nfl46 has much to be proud of
Someone needs to tell her to shut up on the court! She was way too loud!!
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM   #25
country flag wildemu

wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute wildemu has a reputation beyond repute

She isn't going to be a real threat with that puff serve. She is still a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best under normal circumstances.
wildemu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:33 AM   #26
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
She is talented, no one can deny it, it's just a matter do you like her or not. She reaches 4th round of a GS and haters crawl out of their holes, nothing new for TF.
Next.
She's terrible.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM   #27
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeninFan_2008 View Post
What is that weird grunt she makes?
I am sure previous grunts in history were characterized that way, today they are widely accepted.

THe novelty (of her grunts) bothers you now, but if you stick around long enough, you'll come around as others have done in the past.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:36 AM   #28
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Will2 View Post
Her grunts really annoy the hell out of me.
They're not grunts. More like screams to scare the opponent. I don't complain about "grunting" in general but this is too much.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:38 AM   #29
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
I am sure previous grunts in history were characterized that way, today they are widely accepted.

THe novelty (of her grunts) bothers you now, but if you stick around long enough, you'll come around as others have done in the past.
Actually there's a difference. A lot of players grunt these days. There's a standard and then there's this.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:46 AM   #30
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Actually there's a difference. A lot of players grunt these days. There's a standard and then there's this.
Case & point: When Azarenka first started grunting, the same criticism were levelled of her more melodious, longer grunt, compared to Sharapova, who was the "standard"(for lack of better word) at the time.

Today, both are accepted as 2 varieties of grunt; Bojana's grunt, still at novelty stage and confronting issues that come with it, will also be accepted overtime if she stays around long enough.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote