Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:06 AM   #211
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

retired
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM   #212
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i was so excited for this one too
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:09 AM   #213
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

just checked the score, afraid it was Miki who's injured.

sad for Jelena, but relieved it's not Miki who's injured

=Good luck to my favourite players: Mirjana Lucic, Elena Dementieva, Li Na, Maria Kirilenko, Daniela Hantuchova, Vera Zvonareva, Zheng Jie, Venus Williams =
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:09 AM   #214
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Same
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM   #215
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

And I stayed up until 04:00 for this?!?
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:14 AM   #216
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

Jankovic looked like she was injured or just didn't want to play from the beginning. She was serving softballs and Lucic was a sitting duck at net. Lucic.s first serve was very good when it went in. Her volleying wasn't great but at least she was trying unlike Jankovic. I have a feeling Jelena just wanted to get out of Australia i.e. don't expect her to miss any singles action with an injury.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:14 AM   #217
country flag croat123

i thought miki was playing well too. good serving, solid groundies. a few good pick up volleys (and her standard high volley misses)
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM   #218
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Not a big Jelena fan right now.

Of course, one cannot say definitively, but in my opinion this crap smacked of JJ "Diva Nonsense."

We all saw Miki very intense and determined. I understand that the dubs doesn't mean as much to JJ, but frankly any of us could see this meant a lot to Mirjana.

Whatever. I hope Jelena will somehow "survive" and hope Miki goes forward to sharp tennis this season.

But, as a longtime observer of the game, it looked to me like Jelena was hungover from a couple nights partying (which she can afford -- for NOW) and just didn't want to hang around town.

Fine, but she ought to have told Mirjana, who clearly came to PLAY.
mikireturns is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:06 AM   #219
country flag croat123

looks like the JJ forum is reporting a ruptured abdominal muscle...
if she was injured, i hope she gets better
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:21 AM   #220
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad she actually was injured. I would hate if she tanked.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:56 AM   #221
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Whatever the situation may be -- unfortunate.

Hope Mirjana works hard and shows what she can do in the Midland, Michigan $100K.

Looking at her this evening, she certainly is as fit as any woman on tour and her power is -- WOW.

Miki has her own unusual, unique power as a hitter. Guess that's one reason we like her.

Best of luck to a player who has already proved herself honorable.
mikireturns is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM   #222
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

Is it true that Miki also got QF points because JJ retired ? One guy on croatian forum said it few times already but I dont believe it

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM   #223
country flag croat123

I think she only gets second round points actually...
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:32 PM   #224
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
I think she only gets second round points actually...
You mean because they got W.O.? Hope it's not true because that rule would leave a lot of space for calculations at times.
And also if it is Mirjana just stayed in Australia 5-6 days longer(from her R1 doubles match), earned no points and played 3 games.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM   #225
country flag SERVivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post
Whatever the situation may be -- unfortunate.

Hope Mirjana works hard and shows what she can do in the Midland, Michigan $100K.

Looking at her this evening, she certainly is as fit as any woman on tour and her power is -- WOW.

Miki has her own unusual, unique power as a hitter. Guess that's one reason we like her.

Best of luck to a player who has already proved herself honorable.
She really does have awesome power. There was at least one point where she overpowered Pavlychenkova, who is herself no weakling. I have watched a lot of her matches both livestream and in in person and I have yet to see her lose because she was overpowered. Even Sharapova didn't really overpower her, just she made a crapload of UEs that day.