*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4. - Page 45 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:07 AM   #661
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Very encouraging match everywhere excluding the DFitis. Lovely W/UE stats. Made very few needless errors off the ground, and hit some very nice winners.

I watched the Kuznetsova match and based on that, Vika should win this.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:07 AM   #662
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Only fuckery on the second serve. Hopefully that means she was going for them more considering ESPN was busy showing the men's match.

Sveta will be tough but I think Vika should win that if she keeps her head. She's much more aggressive than Caro.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:13 AM   #663
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

Most of her DFs landed a little past the service box, as opposed to the net.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:22 AM   #664
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Well it was a case of Victoria needing a wake up call, she was totally asleep in the 2 first rounds.

Much better, proactive, assertive, hitting with purpose whatever describes best..., aggressive serving (much better racket head speed and penetration, at least on her first serve) [...] the tournament really starts for me here.

Victoria really needs to develop a much more effective spin on her second serve (slice, kick..) or whatever, her second serve is not that fast and she's obliged to play with the length in the box a lot for her not to get attacked which forcefully results in many loss of control and double-faults (outside of the box) -- her second serve is really too plain and she clearly doesn't have the control yet to place it as aggressively as she would like.

Anyways, I'm extremely happy Kuznetsova won, should give her certainly a good challenge and help her fine-tune the needed stuffs before that much anticipated SF.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:35 AM   #665
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Serve still shit. Ground game much better. The serve still need to be much better for the next few matches.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM   #666
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Much sharper today, got into position quicker especially on the backhand, still can do better though. First serve was pretty good by her standards, regularly pushing above 100mph.

Vesnina played quite well for 10 games then fell away.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #667
country flag architennis92

architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light architennis92 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, been lurking for a while, I've been a big vika fan for a few years but reached fanatical stage after I got to see her win her first grand slam live last year.

Just thought I would start posting because I am in Melbourne again this year and have been able to see vika practice a few times as well as her first 2 matches so thought I could share some things. Her practice on the first day was pretty good esteemed pretty happy. Managed to hit Sam with a forehand right where a man doesn't want to be hit lol. It was pretty funny she burst out laughing and put her hand over her mouth to hide it then asked Sam if he was ok then laughed some more. The next practice I saw was the day before the Hampton match and she didn't look too happy with her game. She got angry and stopped grunting and just started pummeling the ball on a couple of occasions. Honestly made me question how much power she sacrifices for consistency because she was absolutely smacking it. Last practice I saw was yesterday, was in a much better mood and did a lot of work on the forehand making sure she accelerated her racket head through the ball. Also there was no red foo present for this one which is a bonus even though I have to say he was very supportive and totally into both of the matches I saw. Evenyelled out to her a few times, so that's something. He seems like a nice guy and was good with the fans even though I absolutely detest his music.

Also have to say vika was very good with the fans, signing for quite a while after all her practises. And even gave out a few balls and sweatbands the other day. Anyway they are just a few of my observations, I have more but don't want to turn this into a really long essay.
architennis92 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM   #668
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Vesnina played quite well for 10 games then fell away.
In theory only Vika and Aga have beaten Elena Vesnina this year, still 10-2 for her after three tournaments.
Exordes is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM   #669
country flag Igor_Biscan

Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by architennis92 View Post
Hi, been lurking for a while, I've been a big vika fan for a few years but reached fanatical stage after I got to see her win her first grand slam live last year.

Just thought I would start posting because I am in Melbourne again this year and have been able to see vika practice a few times as well as her first 2 matches so thought I could share some things. Her practice on the first day was pretty good esteemed pretty happy. Managed to hit Sam with a forehand right where a man doesn't want to be hit lol. It was pretty funny she burst out laughing and put her hand over her mouth to hide it then asked Sam if he was ok then laughed some more. The next practice I saw was the day before the Hampton match and she didn't look too happy with her game. She got angry and stopped grunting and just started pummeling the ball on a couple of occasions. Honestly made me question how much power she sacrifices for consistency because she was absolutely smacking it. Last practice I saw was yesterday, was in a much better mood and did a lot of work on the forehand making sure she accelerated her racket head through the ball. Also there was no red foo present for this one which is a bonus even though I have to say he was very supportive and totally into both of the matches I saw. Evenyelled out to her a few times, so that's something. He seems like a nice guy and was good with the fans even though I absolutely detest his music.

Also have to say vika was very good with the fans, signing for quite a while after all her practises. And even gave out a few balls and sweatbands the other day. Anyway they are just a few of my observations, I have more but don't want to turn this into a really long essay.
Thanks for posting this and welcome. You're welcome to post more observations (MORE VIKA)

You're right she does have power in reserve, you see it sometimes when she's tired or a bit injured and wants to end the points quickly like in Tokyo last year or late on in the Istanbul semifinal. I'm glad she plays sensibly most of the time, trying to find a balance between aggression and reliability, as it's good enough to put away 98% of players she faces.

I think she recognised last year after the olympics that this isn't going to work against Serena and she needs to go more all out. Almost worked in New York, and the YEC match was more competitive than the score suggested, considering she'd just come off the Kerber marathon and Serena was fresh.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM   #670
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Hi.

I'm sure everybody here welcomes long essays on Vika. It's particularly interesting for those of us (most of us I guess) who are not on site to support her. So please keep posting.

On today's match: Vika did very well to fight off Vesnina when she started to play better. It's one of Vika's great qualities to win with two breadstick or a similar one-sided score when you have the feeling that her opponent was actually more competitive. However, one thing that got me worried was when she played some really good points to go 40-0 in the first game of the second set and still got broken. I feared she might lose her focus again like in the match against Hampton but she did better this time (might have learned from her previous round). She absolutely needs to avoid games like that though if she wants to reach at least the SF. And then there was her second serve which was a mess once again. On a more positive note, she also hit some nice first serves especially out wide and hit 4 aces which isn't bad for her standards in such a short match.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 04:15 PM   #671
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Welcome. Nice to read your observations, I sometimes also ask myself why Vika doesn't hit the ball harder because I know she can.

When was the last time Vika hit 4 aces in such a short match? Must've been a year ago, hopefully the serve keeps improving.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:44 PM   #672
country flag saul1333
język

saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute saul1333 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.breakingnews.ie/bizarre/t...ck-581995.html
saul1333 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:54 PM   #673
country flag VIKA?

VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute VIKA? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul1333 View Post
Ohmygod, REALLY?
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:57 PM   #674
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

I opened the article, saw the headline and closed it.

I have been a bit disconnected throughout the AO so far... can someone update me on the rankings? Is Serena pretty much guaranteed #1? Will Vika still be ahead of Maria if she makes the SF and Maria makes the final?

Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:00 PM   #675
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

At least he is only referred to as her friend

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread