Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #76
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Yeah, I don't think anyone's saying that she doesn't know much about the sport itself (though her views might be slightly outdated, she rambles on about "power" as if it became a part of tennis yesterday). She just doesn't know much about the players.
http://www.evertacademy.com/alumni/women/

Biased towards her own players? Yes. Doesn't know much about the players? That's just not true.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #77
country flag PleaseZayn

PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold PleaseZayn is a splendid one to behold

Her all out Sharapova stanning, combined with her urge to refer to Maria by her full name, "Maria Sharapova" at all times bother me.

I also don't think I've ever seen her do some on-court commentating like MJ Fernandez or Pam. I would love to see her do that.
PleaseZayn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #78
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post

Biased towards her own players? Yes. Doesn't know much about the players? That's just not true.
Then please do explain the NUMEROUS mistakes she has made about the players as a commentator.
Craig. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:21 AM   #79
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh please. When Davis beat Barthel at RG last year and they brought her to the studio, Evert barely knew how old she was.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:31 AM   #80
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

How do you know?

Got any proof?
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:12 AM   #81
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Chris Evert is an all time great with one of the best tennis IQs in the history of the game. But as I've posted before, her problem is she isn't articulate. It's one thing to know the game, but it quite another to be able to convey that knowledge to an audience.

Martina, Lindsay, Pam, and Tracy are excellent commentators. Chrissie is not. Oh well. I guess you can't have everything.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:24 AM   #82
country flag Ntosake

Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute Ntosake has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harloo View Post
This is why I dislike the commentary of Prissy Chrissy:

Dumb Blonde- check
Biased opinion- check
Homewrecker-check
Botox game proper-check
Sharapova ass kissing-check
Clueless about players, H2H records, or facts-check

She is absolutely the worst commentator ever. I don't even understand why ESPN decided to add her to the roster. She's biased, overly critical of players she doesn't like, kisses Sharapova's feet, and doesn't know much about the current players on tour or how to properly analyze a match.

The woman is unbearable and should be banned from the commentating booth. Every time she speaks I mute the sound or turn my Direct TV interactive coverage to a channel with British or Aussie commentators who do a pretty good job.
Gee, Harloo tell us how you really feel.I agree with most of this BTW, but for me it's still that open letter to Serena that I dislike her most for.
Ntosake is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:10 AM   #83
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

last night she said radwanska goes from defense to offence better than anyone.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:25 AM   #84
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
Pick one. Just not your own. Both of them know light-years more than you. The fact that they disagree doesn't make YOU anymore knowledgeable.
The poster must know a bit more about Aga and Ana than Chris "18 slams tree of knowledge" Evert. Similar games? Really? No one is saying she knows nothing about tennis. It's her life. But I guess sometimes she just doesn't do her homework. And calling Svets a serve and volleyer + somehow seeing Ana and Aga's games as similar is clearly a proof of that.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:29 AM   #85
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie's shout out to Anna Kournikova is one of the reasons I will always love her.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:31 AM   #86
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie can make some clueless errors but she brings up some nice points here and there. Her talking about Kournikova and talking about Vika's grunt was very true but I so heard that comment she made about Ivanovic and Radwanska having similar games and I was just dying.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:34 AM   #87
country flag blongislong

blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold blongislong is a splendid one to behold

Honest question. Why do ESPN talking heads complain about Vika's shrieking but not Masha's? Chrissie just did it.
blongislong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 03:55 AM   #88
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntosake View Post
Gee, Harloo tell us how you really feel.I agree with most of this BTW, but for me it's still that open letter to Serena that I dislike her most for.
THIS!!
And just like her lack of commentary savvy, frequent misinforming of players facts, and overall air-headed presentation, she blundered enormously here in a very public way.

Though it is entertaining to read the ridiculous blind support she receives here on this board, simply because she won 18 slams.
I suppose with enough slam titles, even if you're ignorant of the facts, one can still be automatically considered an expert.

Thank you Ntosake.
I'll never get over that moronic attempt either.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote