Who remembers Little Masha vs Serena: 1st match? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #1
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future
Who remembers Little Masha vs Serena: 1st match?

With these two meeting tonight I vaguely recall their first encounter at the French Open in 2004. It was the first time I'd heard of or seen Maria (who I think was 17) and she must have had game as well as the looks since she took Serena to 3 sets.
Anyone else remember this match?

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #2
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who remembers Little Masha vs Serena: 1st match?

not really

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #3
country flag jacobruiz
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute jacobruiz has a reputation beyond repute

I do. She was running and chasing everything and made some breathtaking shots. I remember she fell and bloodied her knee but kept going like it was nothing.

She looked gorgeous, too!

AT LONG LAST!!!! The DEMOCRATS BACK IN POWER!!!
OH, SAY DOES THE STAR-SPANGLED BANNER YET WAVE........ YES!!! YES!!!! YEESSSS!!!!! Don't waver, Mr. President - the people voted for you AND your agenda!!
Missouri State Fair - yet another reason to ban rodeos
jacobruiz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:53 PM   #4
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko, right? I've heard about that match

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:03 AM   #5
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

First time I saw Maria play Really well played from her. Got a little tight in the end though.
Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:11 AM   #6
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely match. And that was when Serena wore hot outfits Precursor to the USO biker chick!
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM   #7
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Kiri was wearing red wasnt' she

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:01 AM   #8
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

There might be some photos from the match on the internet somewhere?

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:42 AM   #9
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Fan View Post
With these two meeting tonight I vaguely recall their first encounter at the French Open in 2004. It was the first time I'd heard of or seen Maria (who I think was 17) and she must have had game as well as the looks since she took Serena to 3 sets.
Anyone else remember this match?
I remember that match. Little Masha was so good in that match. I had that match on tape and transferred it to dvd. I did not see it for years then I watched it again recetnly and I realized why I always thought Kiri should have been a much better tennis player than she has been to this poiint in her career. Even at 17 she had lots of skills and a fine all court game. She sure was skinny then. Serena just physically wore Little Masha down in that match. That was a fun match even though Kiri lost.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:46 AM   #10
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

We need some video.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:47 AM   #11
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobruiz View Post
I do. She was running and chasing everything and made some breathtaking shots. I remember she fell and bloodied her knee but kept going like it was nothing.

She looked gorgeous, too!
Exactly Jacob. Kiri bloodied her knee and Mary Carillo laughed about it and said that she was like a little kid with her squeals and bloody knee. But it wasn't that bloody Maria just scraped it on the red clay court.

The wave from the crowd in the third set really unnerved Little Maria.

Yes Slampova Kiri was wearing a red Nike dress in that match almost 9 years ago.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM   #12
country flag Natash.
:(

Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute Natash. has a reputation beyond repute

Natash. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:51 AM   #13
country flag Slampova

Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future Slampova has a brilliant future

Still looked as beautiful then as she does now

W'04, US'06, AO'08, RG'12
Slampova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 01:53 AM   #14
country flag jimmy_the_greek
*TENNIS NSW PLAYER*

jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future jimmy_the_greek has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natash. View Post
jimmy_the_greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:03 AM   #15
the cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natash. View Post
Makiri has actually added a little weight and muscle since 2004. But back then she had the skinniest arms I had ever seen on a tennis player.