Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3 - Page 307 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #4591
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Chrissie-Fan you've been so strong throughout all this, you might not think so but you really have.

We're always here to talk so please do, you presence here is always good and I'm sure I speak for all of us when we say we enjoy having you here and talking with you, about tennis or life and everything else
That's very sweet of you, thanks. But I don't feel strong at all really. The only thing that (so far) keeps me from breaking down completely is this idea that my mum may look down from above or from another dimension or whatever that seperates our lives from the next (IF there is such a thing as a next life, that is) and that I would disappoint her by doing that.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #4592
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

About the bans, suspensions and moderating in general.....What I don't understand is that they don't use a sort of a points system. It's fair, pretty objective and offenders know where they are at at any given time. I used to be a member of a music forum where they use a system like that. Each (reported) offense will get you a certain number of points from one point for a minor one to ten points for a (very) serious one. When you complile too many points within a specific time frame you're out for a week or a month or whatever. When you're a serial offender you're at some point out for good.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #4593
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Have you guys seen The Human Centipede?
Paid to see it in theaters. It was sort of a right of passage at my high school. Needless to say I was scarred

Oh and welcome back, Dsanders! Max truly has let this promotion go to his head

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4594
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Miffedmax has actually gone power-crazy
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4595
country flag Vartan

Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute Vartan has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hostel was a better concept than Human Centipede.

Vartan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #4596
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Wait till you see the second one
I've seen some of it on the telly. I'm subscribed on television to several sports and movie channels, and it was on one of those. Tasteless crap as far as I'm concerned, and not terribly scary or well made, just sick. Kinda like the rape movie 'I Spit on your Grave.' It's quite teling of us as a species that we go to movie theatres and call this entertainment I think. Not that I claim moral superiority because in my days as a teenager I've seen more than my fair share of what used to be called 'video nasties' myself, and they were every bit as vile as what's around today.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4597
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

I really can't anymore with disgusting movies... I have witnessed something terrible IRL , and since that I can't stomach anymore movies with unnecessary and over the top horror/blood. I used to like them before... But now... :/ Yuck.

Anyway this prizemoney thread on GM is wanky, I am going to get banned but I don't care (I have been reported and given the recent moderating policies...) .
I should be back in a few days though well hopefully so ! I will miss you guys
Women deserve to earn as much, and handicapped people totally need to be recognized and acknowledged.

@Svetlio : Get off your high horse I was only joking, you should get some sense of humor really. Don't take everything so seriously, Dumbsday and I were just kidding around.
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4598
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post

Oh and welcome back, Dsanders! Max truly has let this promotion go to his head
I doubt that this is his initiative alone though. Forums the size of TF have a subforum invisible to regular members where the powers that be discuss the goings on at the forum and try to get to some sort of agreement amongst themselves about what the problem areas (or posters) are and what (if anything) should be done about it and how. Of course mods will make descisions of themselves, but I doubt that any drastic change in policy (like the recent goings on arguably are) is the descision of just one mod without consulting the others, or the administrators first.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #4599
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I doubt that this is his initiative alone though. Forums the size of TF have a subforum invisible to regular members where the powers that be discuss the goings on at the forum and try to get to some sort of agreement amongst themselves about what the problem areas (or posters) are and what (if anything) should be done about it and how. Of course mods will make descisions of themselves, but I doubt that any drastic change in policy (like the recent goings on arguably are) is the descision of just one mod without consulting the others, or the administrators first.
Exactly ! poor miffedmax He is doing all the dirty job.
But sometimes, it can be arbitrary. Not the policies but some bans or warnings can be... I have gotten a warning in the past for literally no reason, just because the mod disliked me.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #4600
country flag lefty24

lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute lefty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Why was the Safina equal money thread closed?

We were having civil arguments.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #4601
debby

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post

because of Tennis Fool and me I guess
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4602
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post

I'm all for the stricter policy but there's been some inconsistency about which threads get locked and which not.
There have been so many messy threads in GM lately, this was nothing compared to them.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #4603
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wait till you see the second one
Never I love horror movies, and I get a big rush out of being scared. I just watched the Texas Chainsaw remake the other day and even though that's kind of in poor taste as well, there is at least some entertainment value. Human Centipede isn't entertainment as far as I'm concerned, it's just disgusting exploitative filmmaking. I watched this other movie called A Serbian Film a couple years back and that was the same thing. It's a very gross gimmick and not much else. You couldn't pay me to watch THC again or its sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartan View Post
I think Hostel was a better concept than Human Centipede.
I liked Hostel. Kind of like what I said above it was entertainment despite being gross (I'm sure some people will disagree with me on this). There was more of a purpose to it than to deeply disturb the viewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I doubt that this is his initiative alone though.
I was only half-kidding. I just think the way he treats GM posters like his children is slightly unsettling

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #4604
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

That video. Funniest thing was 212 playing, 'guess that kunt gettin eaten'

Human Centipede was gross, I couldn't watch it that part where she got out of the bed but the drip slashed her arm and then blood all over the swimming pool <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I sorta like I Spit On Your Grave, although I've only watched the remake, I was just rooting for her so hard after the shit they did to her, although maybe the original was worse.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #4605
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Exactly ! poor miffedmax He is doing all the dirty job.
But sometimes, it can be arbitrary. Not the policies but some bans or warnings can be... I have gotten a warning in the past for literally no reason, just because the mod disliked me.
Yes, and that's why I suggested that points system with some objective criteria. Kinda like, if I for example would call a player a whore and that would get me one penalty point because that's what it says in the rules the this or that mod likes me argument wouldn't come into play......I just shouldn't have called X a whore because I knew it would get me a penalty point, period. But as it is now too much is left to interpretation, and one mod is perhaps more easily offended than another, or is more tolerant about comments towards certain players than others. Or perhaps he hates me but loves you or vice versa. Not saying that there shouldn't be room for mods to be lenient. I could understand if mods would be more likely to let it go if someone with thousands of posts who has never said anything offensive in his life loses it just that one time compared to someone who's a pain in the ass 24/7. But nevertheless a more understandable set of rules would help both mods and regular members in my opinion.
Closed Thread