What Do You Make of Sharapova's Amazing Form So Far? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ???

This girl is on fire; will win tournament... no matter who she has to play. *cough* Serena *cough* 25 23.58%
Sign that the tour is still weak. 21 19.81%
Form is good but will not win. 60 56.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #76
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Do You Make of Sharapova's Amazing Form So Far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
But Vika is a tougher opponent for Serena than Sharapova.
Why? Because she won a set in a slam final? So did Radwanska. What I'm trying to say is Serena was surprisingly nervous in her last two major finals. If it happens again, Sharapova can beat her.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #77
country flag Stamp Paid
Sir Camaraderie

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
The worst part is, if Maria does end up losing (badly) to whoever, everyone's going to be all like "OMG THEM DELUSIONAL MASHA STANS GOING ON ABOUT HOW SHE WAS AT HER PEAK AND PLAYING BETTER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when both threads in GM about this have been made by non-fans.
Doesn't matter.
We are all archiving posts to "humiliate" you with a litany of receipts on a later date.

██████████████████ʘ
Ashe. Gibson. Williams. Williams.
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #78
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
Tennis is all about match ups.

Maria is returning average serves well. She is not returning 128 MPH serves on the line well. And she is serving well, but she has not faced anyone capable of hitting returns that are faster than the actual serve is.

That's why these early round matches aren't indicative of anything. If Serena and Maria meet, Maria will be lucky to get 40% of Serena's first serves in play when Serena's on her game. So what she's doing against every other player on tour when they serve doesn't really matter.
Not saying anything about her match against Serena, but this is wholly untrue. In her match against Venus, Maria was hitting great returns off of some real booming Venus 1st serves (up to 115mph).

Even though I agree with those saying Maria's form in general this tournament is being overrated by some, her returning sofar this tournament really is one thing that's as good as I've ever seen from her.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #79
country flag Samsuin

Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all Samsuin is a name known to all

Just so: I heard so much about Masha fans beeing awful on this board.
Since i'm on this board, the anti-sharapova people are way more pushy. Looking into threads about Venus, most Sharapova-Fans talked about her with respect.
But it seems like some Serena-Fans have to hate on Masha everytime, everywhere.
What the hell is the matter with you?
Samsuin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #80
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Doesn't matter.
We are all archiving posts to "humiliate" you with a litany of receipts on a later date.
I love how, despite constantly trying to clamber on your high-horse, you really are as trollish as anyone

Were you in the midst of a nervous breakdown when you were trying to make friends with everyone in Siberian Siren a couple of weeks ago? The fact you've done a complete U-turn so quickly is quite amusing
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #81
country flag sashay

sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of sashay has much to be proud of

Yes, she's in amazing form. The question now becomes...even in terrific form does she have enough game to beat Serena.. ..If Both play at their best, absolutely not. She's going to need a little help from Serena and after the trashing and over the top celebration that she handed out to Venus, as vengeful as Serena is, if they where to meet in the final she will be lucky to win a game. Based on her form I think she is going to make it to the finals, her only hope to actually win the AO is if she meets another opponent other than Serena. Mentally she is on par with Serena but the fundamental reason why she always lose to her still exist, she is simply not athletic enough to keep up with Serena.
sashay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #82
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing should be made of Maria's form so far She only played scrubs plus an ageing Venus. Makarova will be the toughest match for sure.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #83
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
Why? Because she won a set in a slam final? So did Radwanska. What I'm trying to say is Serena was surprisingly nervous in her last two major finals. If it happens again, Sharapova can beat her.
Agree with this.
People need to stop believing that Aga or Vika did anything special, they watched Serena self implode that's all.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #84
country flag missvarsha

missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future missvarsha has a brilliant future

It's good news for her that her form is so good, but can she take advantage ? Just like Azarenka, she collected a lot of points early in the year so ranking-wise she doesn't have much wiggle room. Also Sharapova doesn't play all that much so an upcoming long break might kill the momemntum.
But depending on how the draw pans out, she could probably get revenge against Azarenka...

Sereta and her ongoing vendetta...well that is a different story...
missvarsha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #85
country flag Bad Blood
大好き

Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute Bad Blood has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbjpa View Post
Sorry but Pushkova, Doi, Granny Venus and Flipkens
Exactly. And her next round match is a cakewalk too, Makarova

She won't be tested until the semis with Radwanska or Li. If she somehow beats Radwanska (or if Li advances beats her in 3) then she'll get crushed in the finals by Serena. We all know Azarenka is NOT playing up to par in 2013 so far so Serena will kill her a la Sharapova @ the Olympics
Bad Blood is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #86
country flag blackandblue

blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of blackandblue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Not saying anything about her match against Serena, but this is wholly untrue. In her match against Venus, Maria was hitting great returns off of some real booming Venus 1st serves (up to 115mph).

Even though I agree with those saying Maria's form in general this tournament is being overrated by some, her returning sofar this tournament really is one thing that's as good as I've ever seen from her.

Venus's serve is not in the same galaxy as Serena's in terms of placement. Which is why I made a point to emphasize that. The disguise is not anywhere near the same either.

I don't think the pace is what gives Maria fits returning serve- she just has zero clue where the serve is going. Just like everyone else on tour.
blackandblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #87
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

What Maria is bringing is youth. She is bringing in this tournament vitality only youth brings. Serena sees those young 25 years something one only gets once. True you can compensate, run that extra mile, do that extra pushup and situp a few more times. But there is nothing like being at your best, feeling your best, while being at your best and young. I do not believe Maria will survive Serena this year because if you design a player to defeat Maria it would be Serena but time insures she will get her turn.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER
Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
Françoise Abanda definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
Kimiko Date Krumm great granny still doing her thing.
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #88
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
Venus serve is not in the same galaxy as Serena's in terms of placement. Which is why I made a point to emphasize that. The disguise is not anywhere near the same either.

I don't think the pace is what gives Maria fits returning serve- she just has zero clue where the serve is going. Just like everyone else on tour.
Exactly so why do you expect her to do sth that noone can

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #89
country flag Lilowannabe

Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold Lilowannabe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

This. Her returning is often streaky, even against average serves but so far it's been brilliant.

She's also moving Aswell as I've ever seen her.

big support for... Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, Petra Kvitova, Ana Ivanovic, Vika Azarenka
Lilowannabe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #90
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
NO! Its doesnt even have to do with that. Aza is a very good returner. More solid returner against Serena than Masha. Im not saying that Aza is a better player than Serena and Masha. Its quite obvious that she played amazing in that final. So did Aga.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote