Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Which player in the Open Era has the Highest Tennis IQ?

M. Navratilova 23 7.62%
A. Radwanska 45 14.90%
J. Henin 36 11.92%
C. Evert 10 3.31%
M. Hingis 99 32.78%
A. Mauresmo 5 1.66%
S. Williams 51 16.89%
S. Graf 8 2.65%
Other (please specify) 17 5.63%
Even w.the criteria listed, too hard to compare 8 2.65%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which players have the highest 'TENNIS' IQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
As much as I am not a fan of her, I think Agnieszka has one of the best tennis IQs and it's probably her biggest asset.
Not when she nearly always serves to Azarenka's BH.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:11 PM   #17
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Hingis and Radwańska. Bartoli is probably inteligent in her life, but on court she plays always simple game, always the same bashing, but maybe it's not about iq, she just lacks skills to play smart.

AGA - FUTURE SLAM CHAMP AND WORLD NUMBER ONE

SERENA WILLIAMS - GOAT
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #18
country flag Slamlesswanska

Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future Slamlesswanska has a brilliant future

I think that Agnieszka. She doesn`t that good tennis like the other in this pool, but she reaching very much.
Slamlesswanska is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #19
country flag nfl46

nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future nfl46 has a brilliant future
Bartoli. You can tell she's seriously smart off the tennis courts. I'll go with Aga as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #20
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

@ people saying Bartoli.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Meilen Tu, because she's Asian.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #22
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

As much as it hurts to say.. Radwanska.

Note: I think we saw a match between players with the lowest tennis IQs yesterday! (Julia and Na)
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #23
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Our current Top 4 is our current Top 4 because of their higher tennis IQ. They all play in a way that maximises their strengths and minimises their weaknesses. I don't think I would put any of them higher than the others. Serena is number one, because she has the best strengths. Radwanska is 4 for the opposite reason.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #24
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

Navratilova.

First of all, she learned the game using wooden rackets on grass courts, and made the transition through metal rackets to composites, and from half the tournaments being on grass, through the transition to the hardcourt centric game of the 90's, making her serve and volley game work, while also being a skilled baseliner.

Simply put, she had the most skills, used them on the most diverse platforms, and mastered the most different types of games. Plus, before today's super-tech rackets, players HAD to know how to build points, not just rally til they got a short ball. I don't laugh at people picking Radwanska over Navratilova, because they didn't see her play. But you're with Navratilova, you're talking about a different order of experience, and vastly superior ability to gameplan and execute.

The woman won a main draw match at Wimbledon in 2004, when she was 47 years old!

However, sticking to current and recently retired players, how on earth is Radwanska getting more votes than Serena or Justine Henin!?!?

Last edited by Volcana : Jan 20th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Volcana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #25
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #26
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis.

She shits on Radwanska too.
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #27
country flag tennisfan146

tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold tennisfan146 is a splendid one to behold

Although I have never been much of a fan of hers, I have to say Justine Henin. Out of currently active players, definitely Aga.
tennisfan146 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #28
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis and it's not even close IMO.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #29
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which player in the Open Era has the Highest Tennis IQ?
M. Navratilova
A. Radwanska
J. Henin
C. Evert
M. Hingis
A. Mauresmo
S. Williams

S. Graf
Other (please specify)
Even w.the criteria listed, too hard to compare

Seriously? I seethe everytime Radwanska steps on the court but I can put that aside and say behind Hingis (who was the GOAT at this and in a different level) she probably takes the cake.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #30
country flag ptitnavet

ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future ptitnavet has a brilliant future

Hingis by FAR.