AO R2: Venus / Serena (USA) [12] d. Dushevina (RUS) / Govortsova (BLR) 6-1, 6-2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
AO R2: Venus / Serena (USA) [12] d. Dushevina (RUS) / Govortsova (BLR) 6-1, 6-2

Nice easy win for the sisters but it'll be Petrova and Srebotnik next!!

USO revenge against Nadia

Did anybody see the match?

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...a0bxmGATC5FqAV

Seems like it was almost all Venus in the highlights.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #2
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO R2: Venus / Serena (USA) [12] d. Dushevina (RUS) / Govortsova (BLR) 6-1, 6-2

Vera/Olga
moodin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #3
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO R2: Venus / Serena (USA) [12] d. Dushevina (RUS) / Govortsova (BLR) 6-1, 6-2

Venus/Serena. Princess Olga.

The next match really should be a semi-final match, at least! Shame they have to meet so early. I remember Srebotnik/Sugiyama drew the short straw in 2008 (?) facing the then unseeded WS in the first round.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #4
country flag nadlinds

nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of nadlinds has much to be proud of

Great win ladies.

VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 7 TIME GRAND SLAM SINGLES CHAMPION

SERENA & VENUS WILLIAMS ~ 13 TIME GRAND SLAM DOUBLES CHAMPIONS

SERENA AND VENUS WILLIAMS ~ THE 2 GREATEST SUPERSTARS SISTERS OF ALL TIME!!!
nadlinds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish there was a video of the incredible jam backhand topspin lob that Venus hit at BP down at 1-2 in the second set, but for some reason it isn't included in the highlights.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #6
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

WS played fairly well, but Govortsova/Dushevina played poorly after those marathon first 3 games.

Venus only missed 3 ROS the entire match I think (0 in the first set). Such a stark contrast from singles. Her net play was a bit sloppy though, but she was terrific by the end of the match. This was one of those rare matches where she was the better player in the back court and Serena the better player at net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
Venus/Serena. Princess Olga.

The next match really should be a semi-final match, at least! Shame they have to meet so early. I remember Srebotnik/Sugiyama drew the short straw in 2008 (?) facing the then unseeded WS in the first round.
Second round I think. This happened in the first round.

But yeah, this draw is ridiculous. WS will most likely have to go through #5, #1, and either #4 or #6 just to make the final. The only seeds left in the bottom half are [7]Llagostera Vives/Zheng and [14]Grandin/Uhlirova. Really unfortunate how this draw collapsed.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #7
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

^The draw really is funny. 7/8 seeds are still alive in the top half and that bottom half is SHIT. I'd be shocked if the winner of Llagostera Vives/Zheng and Black/Rodionova don't make the final.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #8
country flag gmokb

gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future gmokb has a brilliant future

I am not worried about the seeds they have to play. To me the sisters are the #1 seed, currently aren't because they only play doubles at the slams. Every body knows they are the team to beat.
gmokb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote