Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread! - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #1396
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: Irina-Camelia Begu Cheering Thread!

A young coach for Irina, same case like Sorana. Are you sure that those two are for coaching only?
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #1397
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

I was praying for her to win more than a coupe of games so I don't have to see the bagel and bread stick comments.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #1398
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
A young coach for Irina, same case like Sorana. Are you sure that those two are for coaching only?
lol I don't think so. Do you remember mama Begu ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALI3N View Post
I was praying for her to win more than a coupe of games so I don't have to see the bagel and bread stick comments.
Yes is a decent score.
Looking at the stats she could have obtained more from this match.

Winners
Only half of the UE and the story would have been different.
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 12:57 AM   #1399
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Begu/Niculescu def Birnerova/Oprandi 6-2 6-4
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #1400
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

So, Irina-Camelia is going to play in Pattaya for the first time in her career, but misses out the big tournament of Doha where she could easily draw a walking bye in R1 to gain easy points.

She seems to be a bigger mess off than on the court as if this is even possible.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #1401
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first set of the doubles match and they won it 6-4 over Vesnina/Makarova

She's literally switching between world class masterbrain and utter shit every minute.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #1402
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
So, Irina-Camelia is going to play in Pattaya for the first time in her career, but misses out the big tournament of Doha where she could easily draw a walking bye in R1 to gain easy points.

She seems to be a bigger mess off than on the court as if this is even possible.
It's a good choice not to go to Doha if she plans on playing in Bogota/Acapulco.
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #1403
country flag Curcubeu

But then I don't see the point in Playing Pattaya at all. It's not that this is Tashkent where she can easily make a lot of points. She will have a tough time to even reach the QF. I only hope that the effort is worth the outcome when she travels to southern Asia only for this MM.

Pity, lost the doubles match in 3 sets, but Vesnina/Makarova are in great form and a decent team, so no biggie.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1404
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
But then I don't see the point in Playing Pattaya at all. It's not that this is Tashkent where she can easily make a lot of points. She will have a tough time to even reach the QF. I only hope that the effort is worth the outcome when she travels to southern Asia only for this MM.
If she can play her high level tennis for only 70% of time Pattaya field is an easy field for her. Seriously now, she is the only Romanian who have all it's need for reaching top 10 (even top 5) easily but SHE HAVE TO SET UP HER MIND.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #1405
country flag Curcubeu

I completely agree with you. As some other posters said, she exactly used the right tactics against Radwanska and she already showed against Wozniacki that she knows how to play defensive minded players what is a rarity on the WTA these days for some harder hitting girl.
But the execution of most of her shots is amateurish. It has to be called like that. Her movement to the ball is way off at times, although she is not moving badly at all in the defense for a girl with her height. Being a huge choker doesn't help either.

Both, her and Sorana, can be huge unforced error machines. But every man with eyes in his head sees the difference of reason why they are.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1406
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Irina-Camelia's match against Radwanska, and she was in control of the point in most of those rallies....but she is just so random.

I noticed actually that she has such a large wind-up on her strokes...they really are quite beautiful when she's playing well.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1407
country flag Curcubeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_R View Post
I noticed actually that she has such a large wind-up on her strokes...they really are quite beautiful when she's playing well.
Exactly, but on the same time it's also what is causing her most problems because this large wind-up is making it so difficult for her to get the timing right on her shots.

It's really looking awkward at times how she is misstiming so many basic rally shots.
Old Jan 25th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1408
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly, but on the same time it's also what is causing her most problems because this large wind-up is making it so difficult for her to get the timing right on her shots.

It's really looking awkward at times how she is misstiming so many basic rally shots.
Yes, that is definitely true. Some of her forehands against Radwanska were landing really short in the court because she mistimed them with the wind-up. And then some were excellent, and were landing right on the baseline. So inconsistent.

And she really should be winning loads of free points off that serve of hers....

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #1409
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Pattaya, Main Draw:

3-HSIEH, SU-WEI TPE vs ERAKOVIC, MARINA NZL
WC-WONGTEANCHAI, VARATCHAYA THA vs BECK, ANNIKA GER
PANOVA, ALEXANDRA RUS vs BEGU, IRINA-CAMELIA ROU
5-LISICKI, SABINE GER vs MALEK, TATJANA GER

A semifinal is more than possible if she can get at least some game going.

Thus said, she will probably lose in R1.

Last edited by Curcubeu : Jan 27th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #1410
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

I predict a R2 loss
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote