AO R4: Radwanska def. Ivanovic 62 64 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #106
country flag Slamniacki

Slamniacki has disabled reputation
Re: AO R4: Radwanska def. Ivanovic 62 64

OMG VIP IS BACK !!!
Slamniacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #107
country flag markedman

markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold markedman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Woz-A-Rod View Post
Wanted to watch this, but on to early in the morning in the UK.

Looking at the stats it was a good accomplished performance from Aga, but Ivanovic seemed like she was a mess, played so well against Jankovic then performs like that, just not good enough.
Too early in the morning? 8am too early? I know it's a Sunday, but come on now.
markedman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #108
country flag fouc

fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute fouc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_ View Post
7 aces from Radnieszka.
Nuff said.

On the positive side, visible improvement on the net from Ana as well some other changes, but that is all in vain if you are going to cede a match before it even starts to players like Aga.
Also, trying to beat Aga in her own game? Great idea. Whoever came up with that needs fired. (Not that I mind diversification in Ana's game, au contraire. Keep working at it!)
Watch Aga getting demolished by Pova Na next.
didn't watch the match but i would bet my life on her trying to do so this is another feature of aga - apart from the top3 all players are always trying to show her that her cat&mouse drop/lob insideout shit is nothing spectacular and always try to mimic that. with horrible outcome of course (bar cetkovska and one forgotten match against kerber)
fouc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #109
country flag C-Woz-A-Rod

C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold C-Woz-A-Rod is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markedman View Post
Too early in the morning? 8am too early? I know it's a Sunday, but come on now.

I watched Kerber v Makarova, then a bit of Ferrer and Nishikori last night. So didn't go bed till 3-4, so I couldn't be bothered to get up at 8am, I've stayed up late all through the first week, so I haven't done too bad.
C-Woz-A-Rod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #110
country flag Nina.

Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute

NID congrats Aga
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #111
country flag AndreConrad

AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute AndreConrad has a reputation beyond repute

Nicely done Agnieszka . I was so nervous before this match. Well, I don't think I will stop being nervous before her last match will be over. It seems like Agnieszka's form is on the rise, but I am so afraid of sudden dip or lapse. Obviously her opponents are doing well, too and that makes it interesting.
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #112
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
didn't watch the match but i would bet my life on her trying to do so this is another feature of aga - apart from the top3 all players are always trying to show her that her cat&mouse drop/lob insideout shit is nothing spectacular and always try to mimic that. with horrible outcome of course (bar cetkovska and one forgotten match against kerber)
Nah. I don't think it's Ana trying to show Aga anyhing It's probably just her lack of confidence in her own strengths.
However, there is something to it; Ana at the net is not a bad idea: Ana won 15/21, Aga 5/10.
So...yeah, it's the way to go, and she should do it more often. It's in general a good strategy - being tall, and having a good reach, if she is good at volleying, why not? It should in theory be one of her strenghts. However, being patient...to a degree yes, but to try to "outpateint" Aga and play cat and mouse...no.

Oh well, Ana is a master at trying to be someone else (and failing), and she's been successfull at that since RG.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #113
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltossovic View Post
Fuck you, Ana

congrats, aga!
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #114
country flag kusiak

kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of kusiak has much to be proud of

Proud of my girl so much

SERENA WILLIAMS

MARTINA HINGIS! PLEASE DO ANOTHER COMEBACK!
kusiak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #115
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Ana had her chances. But Radwanska´s cleverness and class are amazing.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #116
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

As Ana has proved over the past several years, she's a solid top-15 player, but the elite players of the time are always just a level too high for her. Still a good tournament
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #117
country flag Corswandt

Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute Corswandt has a reputation beyond repute

Expected result.

For those who are wondering why VIP rushed the net so much, she always does so vs Agatha and other underpowered players and it actually makes perfect sense - since Agatha can't generate the pace to power a passing shot winner past her, VIP will always get a chance at playing a volley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aselto View Post
I actually feel Ana was outplaying Aga in rallies in the second set after being 0-2 down, luckily Aga could rely on her serve in the big moments.
There were some patches in that second set which you felt that VIP would blow Agatha clean off the court if only she managed to keep her FH under control for 4 or 5 games in a row (she had dismally failed to do so in the first set), but, like always, instead of changing anything in her game Agatha just waited for the storm to pass. VIP's dismal and brainless ROS pretty much cost her the set. Agatha wasn't as aggressive and proactive in trying to keep the ball deep and as far from VIP as possible as she had done in some of their previous matches, but credit to her in at least keeping it low, slicing even into VIP's FH to draw errors.
Corswandt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #118
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, I knew this was coming. I should quit Ana, but I just can't. Always will be my favorite player, no matter how insipid she can be on a tennis court sometimes.

Reach the semis, Aga.
The Upstarts: Muguruza, Garcia
The Legends: Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #119
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Same old shit from miss Ivanovic... thankfully didnt watch this shit, but I imagine how should it be.... spraying errors all over the place and so on

It would be great if Aga could take Sharapova out in the semis

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!

Last edited by danieln1 : Jan 20th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #120
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

NID result, Aga improving to 13-0 on the season.

Li Na next in the quarters, I expect a similar result and running that record to 14-0!
Belmont Lad is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote