Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #16
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
What match was that? I need to watch the highlights while I cast my binding spell on her.
2009 USO 3R against Oudin.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #17
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
What match was that? I need to watch the highlights while I cast my binding spell on her.
Against Believe at the USO
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #18
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

"Short balls win every time against Sharapova"

She said this during the Maria match today
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #19
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atominside View Post
She's not as bad as you overexaggerating dramatic persons present her to be.
Ok. Let's see. She thinks Ana and Aga play similar games. She has said before that a letcord winner was a dropshot. She picked Tatishvili as the dark horse of the tournament (She lost to Morita 1r). She just called Sveta a "serve and volleyer." And this is truly just the tip of the iceberg. Calling her ignorant would be a nice way to describe her.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM   #20
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I like her, but she does say really stupid things...she just said that Kuznetsova was a server/volleyer.....

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #21
country flag Spencer.
New Caro Stan!

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Yup. She also used to say that Maria would hit 30 DFs a match when she was coming back from her shoulder surgery.
I also remember last year's AO where she said (I'm paraphrasing here) that McHale would easily beat Jankovic in the 3rd round, that Jankovic has no weapons, and this is an easily winnable match for McHale.

When JJ wins 62 60 over the supreme McHale Chrissie came back saying, "That was the best I've seen Jankovic play."

We'll always have Wimbly 07
Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #22
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Ok. Let's see. She thinks Ana and Aga play similar games. She has said before that a letcord winner was a dropshot. She picked Tatishvili as the dark horse of the tournament (She lost to Morita 1r). She just called Sveta a "serve and volleyer." And this is truly just the tip of the iceberg. Calling her ignorant would be a nice way to describe her.
You cannot be serious
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #23
new-york
和平.

new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute new-york has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to hear what other commentators say about her in private.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:12 AM   #24
country flag Cooper96

Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of Cooper96 has much to be proud of

My favorite Chrissie line is from the Zheng-Serena match at Wimbledon last year. She said that Zheng had never played on a Center Court before.
Cooper96 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #25
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Does Chris Evert bother anyone else as a match commentator?

Short answer:
YES!

Long answer:
HELL YES!!
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #26
country flag JeMa

JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of JeMa has much to be proud of

I think she is terrible. I always cringe when she opens her mouth.

Dybbuk, words can not express how much I love your avatar.
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #27
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

She offers the same, tired "analysis" during every match. It was cute at first, but now it's beyond unbearable. She rambles endlessly during every Sharapova match about her opponent needing to hit angles/dropshots/slices to beat her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper96 View Post
My favorite Chrissie line is from the Zheng-Serena match at Wimbledon last year. She said that Zheng had never played on a Center Court before.
And during the Sharapova/Lisicki match last year on Court 1, I distinctly remember her saying "Sabine Lisicki just comes to life whenever she steps onto Centre Court at Wimbledon!"
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #28
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
I also remember last year's AO where she said (I'm paraphrasing here) that McHale would easily beat Jankovic in the 3rd round, that Jankovic has no weapons, and this is an easily winnable match for McHale.

When JJ wins 62 60 over the supreme McHale Chrissie came back saying, "That was the best I've seen Jankovic play."

What's so bad about this? She had an opinion, made a mistake and owned up to it. That actually was the best JJ's played.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #29
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future lupojohn has a brilliant future

I don't mind Chrissie, but the one thing that bothers me is that she uses everyone's full name. It's OK to use just a first or last name. Honestly, Chris McKendry bothers me far more.
lupojohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #30
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
What's so bad about this? She had an opinion, made a mistake and owned up to it. That actually was the best JJ's played.
No it wasn't; JJ produced much better tennis during the late 2006-2008 circa. McHale makes a lot of players look better than they are.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote