2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 28 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #406
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
you have to be able to take out trash to be a Vulture, its usually done with a game that never changes in level
I agree. Petra's high-risk game may sometimes fall apart, while Aga is consistent at getting every ball back. That's why some posters claim that she should add more topspin to her shots or improve her fitness and footwork so that she's better positioned to hit those flat groundies.

But we're repeating what's been already said many times.
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #407
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
My only advice to you, bruce: get some investors, build a tennis academy, hire a few coaches and try to attract local talents and compete on the global market.

If the academy where Hingis and Kvitova developed their tennis skills and which produced the reigning Fed Cup and Davis Cup champions is so amateurish, there's no doubt that many other tennis academies are in an even more pathetic condition and you will have no problem to steal their market shares very quickly.

Can't wait for the results

P.S. We get it, you are disappointed by Petra's recent results.
In fairness Petronius: I think what he may be saying, is stemming from the latest article, which doesn't paint the best picture of Petra, Kotyza and the new Fitness guy.

Plus, many different posters have recently said, 'Petra should change her manager, her coach, leave the Czech Republic, ditch her fitness coach, train in a warm weather climate', etc.. So they're disappointed, both with Petra's results as well as her teams.

It's not just been 1, 2 or even 3 people, or me . It's been many; some we don't even see post here often (both here in the subforum and even on GM).

I don't want to take it any further than that. But I just wanted to point out, it's not only about Petra's losses or results. It's everything thing surrounding her (both what she and her team says and does, and what we don't see or hear from them as well).

Let's say, Petra played poorly in Paris, then got better and hot and won the tournament. After, Petra gained enough confidence to win the French or Wimbledon and have a good year. It wouldn't be anything her team did. It would just be Petra playing up to her level, based off of confidence. However, what Petra and her team have failed at so far is: They have not had her physically, mentally, strategic, tennis wise and goal setting wise, prepared for the daily, month to month grind and challenge of the tour, as well as living up to her ranking. And that's a fact, regardless of any past.

And if Petra's the REAL ISSUE (I can see you saying that); then THEY should come out and say it; import qualified help, and/or leave (like most top coaches do)!? But they won't! Cause neither Koytza or Cernosek, act like there's anything terribly wrong with Petra at the moment. And Kotyza himself, recently declared that he shouldn't be let go, and should be able hang around for a while. SMH/LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

My polite two cents and observation.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #408
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
In fairness Petronius: I think what he may be saying, is stemming from the latest article, which doesn't paint the best picture of Petra, Kotyza and the new Fitness guy.

Plus, many different posters have recently said, 'Petra should change her manager, her coach, leave the Czech Republic, ditch her fitness coach, train in a warm weather climate', etc., so their disappointed both with Petra's results as well as her team.

It's not just been 1, 2 or even 3 people, or me . It's been many; some we don't even see post here often (both here in the subforum and even on GM).

I don't want to take it any further than that. But I just wanted to point out, it's not only about Petra's losses or results. It's everything thing surrounding her (both what she and her team says and does, and what we don't see or hear from them as well).

If Petra played poorly in Paris, then got better, and hot and won the tournament. After, Petra gained enough confidence to win the French or Wimbledon and have a good year. It wouldn't be anything her team did. It would just be Petra playing up to her level, based off of confidence. However, what Petra and her team have failed at so far is: They have not had her physically, mentally, strategic, tennis wise and goal setting wise, prepared for the daily, month to month grind and challenge of the tour, as well as living up to her ranking. And that's a fact, regardless of any past.

And if Petra's the REAL ISSUE (I can see you saying that), then THEY should come out and say that, and/or leave (like most top coaches do)!? But they won't! Cause neither Koytza or Cernosek, act like there's anything terribly wrong with Petra at the moment. And Kotyza himself, declared that he shouldn't be let go, and should be able hang around for a while. SMH/LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

My only answer to Petronius' Retard QUASI-logic is this: Someone spends his money to construct building facilities...then some players attend those facilities and find success...so,naturally,that indisputably proves that said businessman is an indisputable expert on ALL aspects of personally planning a player's career--Plato would NOT be impressed by such 'logic'.What Petronius failed to recognize--while in his deductive coma that's a staple of humanist education--is that even some CZECHS like Navrat and Slozil are saying 'WTF' about how Petra's team does things.

I'm not gonna waste my time with any more of that pathetic,weak,blindly-pro-Czech defensiveness....Consigue cajones,Petronius!!....Seeya later,Ex,I'm off to work

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #409
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I've actually seen you guys talk about her team a lot although I've never actually seen what the real story is. I get the feeling it would be a long post but would anyone be willing to sum up the major issues with her team?
This slump of her's is really annoying me and it definitely is at very concerning levels now, I just want to have a bot more insight on it.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #410
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Plus, many different posters have recently said, 'Petra should change her manager, her coach, leave the Czech Republic, ditch her fitness coach, train in a warm weather climate', etc.. So they're disappointed, both with Petra's results as well as her teams.

Let's say, Petra played poorly in Paris, then got better and hot and won the tournament. After, Petra gained enough confidence to win the French or Wimbledon and have a good year. It wouldn't be anything her team did. It would just be Petra playing up to her level, based off of confidence. However, what Petra and her team have failed at so far is: They have not had her physically, mentally, strategic, tennis wise and goal setting wise, prepared for the daily, month to month grind and challenge of the tour, as well as living up to her ranking. And that's a fact, regardless of any past.

And if Petra's the REAL ISSUE (I can see you saying that); then THEY should come out and say it; import qualified help, and/or leave (like most top coaches do)!? But they won't! Cause neither Koytza or Cernosek, act like there's anything terribly wrong with Petra at the moment. And Kotyza himself, recently declared that he shouldn't be let go, and should be able hang around for a while. SMH/LOL. You can't make this stuff up.

No biggie, I obviously see many things that may be improved in Petra's team, preparation methods, potential moving to a warmer country, etc. and we've discussed these issues here many times, but it's up to Petra, if she takes the necessary steps or not

I'm just not a fan of cheap digs or fast conclusions like somebody is a 'clown', 'idiot', 'amateur', etc. when things are not perfect.

Any civilized discussion is warmly welcomed

Last, I would have loved if Ivan Lendl were appointed Petra's coach. Could you imagine the results? We all know that Lendl, sometimes dubbed 'Father of Modern Tennis', would force Petra work hard, improve her diet, etc. and bring her to a higher level. There's little doubt that Lendl >>>> Kotyza

But this is just wishful thinking, he opted for Andy and good for them both.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #411
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
last season i thought she would be the new peak pierce, i have now come to the conclusion that she is the new Ivonavich. bit of a mystery to her fans and good enough to be solid top 20. dont think she will again get near to her level of last season of 2 GS Semis
Wow, you are bringing the word 'pessimism' to a completely new level

Even if she's unfit and slow as hell, she'll always be a contender at Wimbledon.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #412
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I've actually seen you guys talk about her team a lot although I've never actually seen what the real story is. I get the feeling it would be a long post but would anyone be willing to sum up the major issues with her team?
This slump of her's is really annoying me and it definitely is at very concerning levels now, I just want to have a bot more insight on it.

In simple terms:

Petra's Team is not run like your usual top 4-10, young grand slam champion, potential multi-grand slam winner, all court, explosive, talented players team.

I would compare it to, a young player, that's outgrown their coach/parents story, we've witnessed so many times.

However, in this case, it's Petra's Manager/Benefactor and his team (who he picks and provides for her), that's the over matched parent she can't/won't leave.

I hope you get the gist of it? I'm trying to be polite/respectful to some of our more impassioned, prideful Czech Comrades/Brethren.

If that's not enough, then I'll add a little more.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #413
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In simple terms:

Petra's Team is not run like your usual top 4-10, young grand slam champion, potential multi-grand slam winner, all court, explosive, talented players team.

I would compare it to, a young player, that's outgrown their coach/parents story, we've witnessed so many times.

However, in this case, it's Petra's Manager/Benefactor and his team (who he picks and provides for her), that's the over matched parent she can't/won't leave.

I hope you get the gist of it? I'm trying to be polite/respectful to some of our more impassioned, prideful Czech Comrades/Brethren.

If that's not enough, then I'll add a little more.
So basically, in your and others' opinions (to not offend ) basically her manager is just a money hungry dictator and calls all the shots without having a clue?

It might be too much to ask but do you know any articles etc I could look at to look into this more? I don't expect you to have them offhand but if you ever have free time or something.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #414
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Go ahead, don't be shy

I'm just hoping that the idiot/clown/etc. wordcount will stay at zero to keep this place civilized
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #415
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
So basically, in your and others' opinions (to not offend ) basically her manager is just a money hungry dictator and calls all the shots without having a clue?

It might be too much to ask but do you know any articles etc I could look at to look into this more? I don't expect you to have them offhand but if you ever have free time or something.

Thanks for the reply.
Whew Boy!

There are threads on here with loads of debates, quotes, links, stories, Petra team insights and articles over the past year.

Her manager is Czech. And he runs many Czech events (Prague 100k, ExtraLiga, and Czech Fed and Davis Cup). Hes' also runs the famous Prostojev Club (including formative years, Juniors and all levels of tennis, up to professional players and quasi teams). Plus he's Petra, Lucie Safarova, and Tomas Berdych's manager, as well as involved or in cahoots, with local and national politics and politicians.

So because of all this he has a big ego, with many conflicts of interest, and always wants Petra to participate in his various events, regardless of Petra's schedule, recent success and even (end of last season), her health.

There's just too much. Trust me.

As far as her team. Her Manger, strongly alluded in a article (that was posted her in her subforum), that he's the one that selects Petra's team members, and blatantly stated he could convince her to play in events, that Petra hadn't committed to yet (which he benefits from of course). Recently (in a article that was posted her as well), Petra's coach, when asked about his job security, basically blew it off, and said he should stay longer, before he mentioned it was Petra's decision.

Basically, Petra Manager, only chooses Czech's and Slovak's that are connected to his network, and loyal to him. Here in lies the problem. Her team members have made some terrible and repeated mistakes, many times seeming clueless (about game strategy, managing Petra and her asthma, goal setting, proper practice--with out injuring her, how/where to heal from illnesses during the tennis season, etc.).

Ahhh. IT's just so much.

If you want the gist off it. There was a long post, that I wrote in response to UncleSilas on GM, that would give you a great backgrounder (outside of going through the threads here). I don't remember the title or origin of the post. It may have been around Brisbane, but I don't remember.

If you want articles or links. You can find them here. Just browse through the post or pre-match articles posted (and their links), especially the Czech ones, where Petra's and her team members, are usually more honest. That will give you an idea of her team.

There was a recent CZECH ARTICLE posted here. This one reinforces how both Petra is currently mental and physically fragile; her coach has no answers, and her new fitness coach (which many of us here ridiculed during his announcement), has created problems with Petra's stroke and game (probably as a result of Petra's reduced rest and preparation, coming out of her illness, but nonetheless playing Fed Cup, an Exo and Czech Extraliga), which is what we heard previously, from another article.

But I promise you. Nothing that we discuss as actual Petra/Petra tam member events are made up here. Petra and her team, are usually quite candidate about what's not working, and what they don't do.

Believe it or not. I just wrote as little as possible. And I don't know, if I said much, due to all that I detailed in that response to UncleSilas.

If/when I get the chance, I'll try to find it (along with any recent articles). You can do the same as well. It's quite long(my response to UncleSilas), so you'll know it when you see it. Cause Uncle Silas (like you), asked me a couple of times...I tried to be polite and respectful; until he asked a few more times, and I finally told him.

Nonetheless, like I said, you can find many good links (or copy and paste jobs) here, that can give you good information, especially the Czech ones, like I said.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #416
country flag Excelscior

Here is the most recent Czech Reprint/Translation AshaPova (hope I spelled it right), courtesy of Google and Czech--Lufa's translation/over sight.

This one deals with the state of Petra and her team, following her loss to Laura Robson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Google translate is our friend , did only some necessary corrections

We have to dig out of the mud, says Kvitova coach Kotyza
18th January 2013 12:00
Melbourne (from our correspondent)

- Again. Finish her! Coach David Kotyza shout to tennis player Petra Kvitova in her battle with Robson at the Australian Open. But he saw how troubled she is. "It was clear that she is very unhappy," he said.
When Kvitova flew into the third set to 3:0, the coach believed that everything goes well. "At that moment she looked like renewed. He thought she will destroy Laura, said. "But she hesitated at 3:1, did three DF . Serve had completely gone. From 4-4 she already seemed to be bothering with herself."

What sank her? Worse fitness or poor self-esteem?
Laura looked fresher. But it was more mental freshness. Laura trusted herself, trying to overtake Petra in pressure. She went for the win. Deservedly dragged it to the end.

What was your first thought when Petra suppressed tears on court?
It was visible that she is unhappy. When opponent sees that, gives her confidence. Petya dealt with hers bad tosses, referees statement. Lots of things disturbed her. You could see that her head is not ideally set.

Does affect her disenchantment of the defeats, and the fact that the new method of fitness training does not work?
She went into the match with determination. But when she dumped the service she began to be desperate. This is a picture of how she looks. Experiencing a difficult period and today it did not help.

What will you do next?
We need to look at the program. Petya has played a few matches. We will try to request a free card on the indoor tournament in Paris, which is played around one week before the Fed Cup. We consult with Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist), how to make her again enjoying the game. We need to figure out how to dig out of the mud.

How deep are you in?
Enough. After this match keeps me alive just straw. (Smile)

You take it that your position is in danger?
Every coach goes through some bad times. But this is not yet so long that we have to address staffing issues. Maybe talk about it with Petra, but I think it is soon. Not that I want to cheer myself ...

Do you believe that changes in training show early ?
I believe. I do not know when it will come, but I believe. It is a fact that we have started something, and it would be unwise to make big waves when Petra is down.
Here's the link below:

http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Note: I think Lufa may have highlighted the bottom part, cause Petra's coach--David Kotyza, took it upon himself to declare that he sees he should stay longer (probably, cause he knows Petra's not the decision maker).

However, most questions or answers aren't bolded in her/his reprint, when you read it.

Just an FYI

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #417
country flag jameshazza

Thanks for everything.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #418
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Thanks for everything.
You're welcome.

Note: After Petra's loss to Pav's (where she played decent, albeit--wildly up and down), she claimed asthma had something to do with it.

After Petra's loss to Domi in Sydney, where she happened to play horrendous. She complained about her new fitness trainer, somehow throwing off her mind, body or strokes. It wasn't clear how or why, but she claimed her strokes and mind weren't right (or something to that effect), as a result of her recent training, new fitness instructor. I didn't read that full article (I was lazy this time), but there are some excerpts here. Just check the articles posted after the Sydney loss to Domi.

After her loss to Robson--at Oz, Petra claimed no asthma, and blamed her serve, which she described, 'the worst ever' for her. There was an article posted here, where she made those quotes/comments, preceding the article Lufa re-posted/translated, maybe by a few days. Later (as in the article Lufa provided), her mental state and lack of confidence was mentioned as well. Petra's just currently a mess, in every aspect. See, that's my opinion; not a fact or an event (where they're many of them)!

Hope that helps, gives you a good guideline, for the first three events (for her) of the year, and the subsequent quotes, gist and articles?
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #419
country flag Excelscior

OK Asherapova.

I found it. Here's the detailed response I gave to UncleSilas repeated questions. I'm posting it here, instead of private messaging it, in case some one else ask, wants to know. So calm down some of my Czech Comrades.

This discussion, actually came out of Petra's Czech Extraliga loss/panic (lol), back in late December (the 18th or 19th, 2012). Here it is below, with the original question and link. I didn't realize that, when I copied it, but screw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
I am glad you thought the same. I don´t think Petra is fat, but it is obvious that she is a bit overweight (and only for a professional tennis player, I don´t mean it disrespectfully like others) not too much, but still a bit. She was slimmer in 2011 and moved so much better, that´s what I mean. She is a tall strong woman and is never going to be the skinny type, and she is never either going to move like Radwanska or Errani, but she doesn´t need to, she just need to move good enough again to get comfortably into her hitting zone and then she can be unplayable. Sharapova has improved immensely in that field.
I got your response but I am still puzzled. It´s her manager then, but her coach, parents... they all agree? Is her circle so so close ? Why did her previous fitnees coach leave? I think he was a middle aged good looking man who used to sit besides her coach. Maybe she should change all her team, coach included and start anew?
Wow!

Where do I start?

I tried to be polite, discreet and respectful.

But yes, it's her management.

They are not set up like the management of top 10, young Wimbledon, future potential multi Grand Slam champion. They're set up like a top 100-200 player operation. And they possess too many conflicts of interest, all controlled by one person.

I, along with others, have spoken about this Plenty in Petra's subforum. But I've never went into detail here on GM. And I still won't. It's just too many examples. However, I'll try to give a decent overview.

1) Her Manager/Management seems to only hire Czech's or Slovak's within his network. Now, I don't have a problem with that if they're the best people. However, if they're not and/or presents significant delays to Petra's development, then that's a problem.

Her last Fitness Person was Ivanko. That was the gentlemen you were mentioning. He was very good actually. But he was let go. Her new fitness person (another Management choice), appears to be nothing to write home about, and almost embarrassing for a player of Petra's caliber. Trust me. That's a problem!

2) Her Manager (who's not a coach or tennis player, but a business man) actually chooses her coaches and even peripheral staff. That choice should be between Petra and her coach (and or independent tennis advisors she consults with). But her manager actually publicly brags that he's the one calling the shots and controls Petra's decision making. Can you believe that? Tacky!

And even her current coach (David Kotyza), who shows promise in some areas, and lack of promise in others; is a stooge of her manager. I think his hearts in the right place. Nonetheless he's a YES MAN for her manager. And I doubt, Petra will receive outside help (specialist--for example--to work on different tennis areas) anytime soon, if ever, at all.

3) Her Management has massive conflicts of interest. He owns/runs the Prostojev club; he's Petra's personal Manager (with massive control over her personell, career and events participation). He's a Czech Tournament promoter (Fed Cup, Prague 100K and Extraliga); and Prostojev is involved with player development as well. He's also manager of Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova, who are also members of the Protojev club, just as a FYI. And of course he's active in Politics.

Because of the various conflicts of interest, Petra is frequently asked (and he's actually bragged in Czech publications that he can get Petra to do what he wants) to promote or play in his silly events--even when she should be home resting/preparing for Slams or out the country practicing on outdoor hard courts, as opposed to indoor in cold ass Czech Republic. So you know; Prostojev is mainly an indoor facility.

You know, Petra hadn't had a male hitting Partner all year in 2012? Last year, she periodically used her boyfriend--Adam (also a member of her Managers Prostojev club by the way) to hit with, and look at the results she had? This year, the only time, I can recall she hit with a male hitting partner, was when she hit with the Prostojev Junior boys. Yes, you read right. And the irony of that?....Petra actually extolled the virtues of hitting with a male hitting partner (albeit junior boys), but she hadn't had one all year. Come to think of it; she hit with a Junior boy (in Adam), periodically last year as well. Amazing! SMH.

How in the world does a player with Petra's stature and presumed expectations, not have a part time, per diem or full time male hitting partners?

4) Petra was diagnosed with asthma in 2009 at the US Open. And it appears they had taken three years to find the proper inhaler. Why? They had a host of the world doctors to choose from, and it appeared they only focused on their local Czech doctors to find the solution. Puzzling. And you can say this about practically every decision her team makes. They don't operate like a top team. And to make it worse, Petra trust them and appears to not encourage or insist in her own decision making.

5) This would explain why Martina Navratilova has said more than a few times on Tennis Channel "I don't know what's wrong with that kid, she doesn't contact me", when asked by Lindsay or her other broadcast partners on the air. This year at Fed Cup, Martina wasn't initially invited. Yes it's true. Apparently, it was a dis by one of the Czech tennis Big wigs that her manager cozies up with. It appears they may encourage her (directly or indirectly), not to speak to outside tennis advisors, due to their established, internal Czech Cliques?

Former Steffi Graf coach, and Czech Pavel Složil , stated in a Czech magazine article that Petra should seek out Djokovic's people regarding her conditioning, diet, asthma and further fitness. And I agree. You see, Pavel is an independent Czech, not affiliated with Petra's manager, so speaks freely like any other normal person would. Unfortunately, I highly doubt she will.

And here in lies the big problem (and why I wrote so long ). Petra's hasn't taken charge of her career yet. And the people she has (in my opinion) don't appear to be able to take her to the next level. They caught lightening in bottle with Petra in 2011. And it was her talent, youthful optimism and confidence, which carried her through. Don't get me wrong. They did their parts/job. However, Petra needs additional support, advisors, fitness, practice and mental strength, etc., if she's to fulfill her promise. Unfortunately, her management (who appears to make the decisions) seems content, with using the people they have in their network, even if they may not be the most qualified, reputable or convenient choices.

Petra has earned enough money and the reputation (in tennis circles) to hire the best or at least top notch people in assisting her to potential greatness. However, for most of the year she didn't have an actual team. At first it was Petra, her coach and Fitness instructor. When he left, it became only Petra and her coach, until Katie The PR LADY (probably from WTA) traveled with them. And in Montreal it got so bad, that Petra actually hit with Katie before her matches there. Now give Petra credit, she won Montreal (though she could have very well lost in the first round). But how in the world can you hit with your PR Lady, who's not even a tennis player? SMH

Pavel Složil , mentioned in his interview, that he used to have Steffi hit with the top male players (and I mean the VERY top) after an easy match to get her reps. Now, not only did Petra not have any male hitting parter in 2012 in any capacity, but I've never heard of her hitting with Tomas Berdych (despite the management connection) at any slam or combined event. SMH

Until things change, Petra's team from top to bottom is just not anything to write home about. As a matter of fact, it's kind of embarrassing for a player of her caliber and recent, current success and alleged aspirations.

In short: It's like Petra has a Bad Father/Controller/Coach, that can't let go (and neither can she for that matter). Yeah, we've all seen, heard that before. The difference is; it's a greedy businessman out to further his won self interest and ego--many times at Petra's expense and detriment, I feel. She could get rid of him tomorrow if she wanted (or choose her own people to work with, if he insisted on keeping her). We know, Petra doesn't need and can get rid of him. It happens all the time with player, managers. Granted; it's a little more difficult with your mother or father as coach or manager. But that happens to.

Hopefully (though I'm not counting on it anytime soon), Petra will. We'll see?

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...=472200&page=6

PS: I also came across an asthma article around that time as well. This one was actually posted on GM and not here....Maybe I'll private message it to you (only cause of the older date, and I don't want to confuse readers), if/when I get the chance? Hell, maybe I'll re post it, since her asthma continues anyway.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #420
country flag jameshazza

Sweet Jesus, no hitting partner? Hitting with the effing PR LADY?
I have never heard the likes of that, and it's even stranger considering only her fans in here seem to know what's going on. I mean I would have thought that when it reached hitting with the PR Lady the Twitter journos etc would have had a field day. I'll never get my head round that one, how does she even practice? By herself?

Thanks for all the insight by the way, some things there are truly shocking. But yeah, a male hitting partner is a basic requirement for a player like Petra.