AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 110 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #1636
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
The Aus open was held in December in 1983 and 1984 which is why it isn't clear looking at Grand Slam timelines as they list them in their current calendar order.
Martina won in '83 Wimbledon, US Open, AO and then '84 French Open, Wimbledon, US Open.
I must be stupid But that makes no sense yet

I'm looking at her GS result timeline on wikipedia and there is nowhere 6 in a row. The AO was between 83/84 then, but in 1984 she didn't win the AO then She lost in the semis. She won the year before (probably 82/83).
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #1637
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

It's not even that fighterpova, but when you enter an SS thread to discover posters arguing about two completely different players and comparing stats in massive quotes you start to think your in GM ofc it's allowed, who am I to tell you what to post, it's just not great when you enter a player forum and there's page discussing vikas chances of beating rena
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1638
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

1983: W/R4/W/W
1984: SF/W/W/W
1985: W/F/W/F

Nope, not seeing 6 in a row
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #1639
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
It's not even that fighterpova, but when you enter an SS thread to discover posters arguing about two completely different players and comparing stats in massive quotes you start to think your in GM ofc it's allowed, who am I to tell you what to post, it's just not great when you enter a player forum and there's page discussing vikas chances of beating rena
Going off-topic, one of the hallmarks of SS

BTW Chris, I'm going to tell you again, you look really good, giving the Colfer vibes.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1640
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
I must be stupid But that makes no sense yet

I'm looking at her GS result timeline on wikipedia and there is nowhere 6 in a row. The AO was between 83/84 then, but in 1984 she didn't win the AO then She lost in the semis. She won the year before (probably 82/83).
Which is in the wrong chronological order.
It lists Slams as AO, RG, WB, US each year. Back then it was RG, WB, US, AO. So from 83-84 her results in the Slams were R4, W, W, W, W, W, W, F.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1641
country flag Fighterpova

Ok well, I'm sorry anyway

But I can't possibly be the only person to have posted about Vika/Serena in this thread
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #1642
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

There's absolutely nothing wrong with discussing Vika and Serena's performance during this year's OZ Open in this thread. Nothing.
Having conversations, arguments, agreements or disagreements ABOUT TENNIS is one of the things that makes The Siberian Siren enjoyable, in my humble opinion.
As long as you keep it nice and classy of course.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1643
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with discussing Vika and Serena's performance during this year's OZ Open in this thread. Nothing.
Having conversations, arguments, agreements or disagreements ABOUT TENNIS is one of the things that makes The Siberian Siren enjoyable, in my humble opinion.
As long as you keep it nice and classy of course.
I miss you. Post more.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #1644
country flag Fighterpova

Ok so in 1983 the 1st Slam of the year was the FO which she didn't win, but she won the next 3 (Wimby, USO and AO) and then in 1984, the 1st Slam of the year was FO as well, which she won, as well as Wimby and the USO, but lost at the AO at the end of the year. In that case, that would be 6?

I think I finally got it
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #1645
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I miss you. Post more.

I would, but university is eating me alive.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #1646
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Guys at what time do you suggest to wake up tonight for Masha's match.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #1647
country flag Fighterpova

My point was in order for Serena to win 6 in a row she would have to win all 4 in the same year (2013 + the last two of 2012). Martina won 3 at the end of one year and 3 at the start of the next, but she never won 4 in the same year.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1648
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Ok so in 1983 the 1st Slam of the year was the FO which she didn't win, but she won the next 3 (Wimby, USO and AO) and then in 1984, the 1st Slam of the year was FO as well, which she won, as well as Wimby and the USO, but lost at the AO at the end of the year. In that case, that would be 6?

I think I finally got it
Yeah that's it. It makes it confusing the way the timeline is laid out but loads of people have overlooked it.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #1649
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
My alarm is at 5.30am

The play on RLA starts at 1am Central European time, but they need time to warm up and walk on the court as well as breaks in between and I reckon the Kerber/Makarova and Ferrer/Nishikori matches will last abut 4 hours combined, maybe longer.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #1650
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M View Post
The match will start probably no earlier than 5:00 AM European Central Time.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote