AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1591
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
Ugh, Serena is just unstoppable. Have you even watched her matches? Vikaria was bossed around by an injured journeywoman who once again exposed The Shrieking Demon basic nature. So no Serena is certainly not losing to Vikaria; stop smoking whatever you are smoking.

Nope, sorry!
I will say the Ayumi match was a little hilarious she went down 3-0, and really Morita should have won another game but missed an easy put away, I think it was at 3-3 too.

Regardless of that, her serving has been exceptionally good and solid so it'll be tough for anyone to break her.

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1592
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I agree with Mark that Vika has a better chance of beating Serena than Maria. It partly depends on the fact that Serena isn't as focused/intense against Vika as she is vs Maria, and it partly depends on the fact that Vika can defend and return Serena's serve better than Maria. Na and Sam are the other players who can beat Serena, if they play exceptional matches. The rest is hopeless. Anyway, if Maria makes it to the SF, I'm torn between wanting her to face Na or Radwanska. The former will make her play awful and Maria will likely bring that form in the final; the latter will drag her into a 3 hour draining marathon

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1593
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
I will say the Ayumi match was a little hilarious she went down 3-0, and really Morita should have won another game but missed an easy put away, I think it was at 3-3 too.

Regardless of that, her serving has been exceptionally good and solid so it'll be tough for anyone to break her.
Istanbul was probably the slowest HC tournament in 2012 and Serena was acing and hitting service winners all the time in the final. Maria struggled to win points on her serve. It was like playing vs Raonic/Isner. This surface at the AO is a bit faster and Serena's serve keeps improving. She's trying to hit faster and faster

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #1594
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Quote:
She's doing a lot better than Maria. I dont think you're watching their matches. Bar Olympics (where Serena played GOAT) and Blue clay, their matches were close with Vika at least getting a break or being a break up in a set. Thats more than what maria's doing, plus Vika's grinding game style is a much better matchup than Marias. Even if Vika's played like shit so far she hasn't had to play good, she's still winning. When she faces her QF opponent look out. Li as is the only player to have ever beaten Serena after losing the first set 6-0. Don't think Serena would forget that anytime soon. It's just a bad matchup for Serena. Li returns well with pace, has exceptional movement and her ball striking is better than most top10 bar Petra (when on for both). She was giving Maria an epic beatdown on clay last year at Rome until she choked. The only thing Li's missing is the ability to stay focused after breaking and making sure she doesnt make many errors. If it's a Li v Serena final, (which could likely happen) I would say it's 60-40 to Serena. Nobody else from this half is going to beat her if she makes the F.
Ok hold the fuck down

I watched all 5 of their matches last year.

In Madrid and Olympics Azarenka was parazlized by fear and Serena was GOAT.

Wimbledon was somewhat competitive (in the 2nd set only), but Serena wasn't exactly on form. She won Wimbledon mostly on her serve (105 aces and 24 vs Azarenka), while from the baseline she was average. YEC was definitely a one sided match. Serena comfortably won 6-4 6-4 and even though Azarenka was 3-0 up in the 2nd, Serena still managed to close it out in 2 despite playing average tennis.

At the US Open, Azarenka was at her very vest in the 2nd and til the end of the 3rd while Serena's level dropped significantly after the first set and she kept spraying errors. Credit to Vika for raising her level, but it was on Serena's racquet as it always is.

Vika can definitely take more games than Maria off Serena, but at the same time, Serena's level when she plays Maria is always better than when she plays Azarenka. If she wanted, I'm sure Serena could lose a game or two vs Victoria as well. And obviously, despite the head to head, Azarenka is the tougher match up for Serena, but she is one of Serena's easiest victims. I'd put Li, Kvitova, Kerber, Stosur, Wozniacki as tougher match-ups for Serena than Vika

As for Li-Serena, it's again on Serena's racquet. If Li plays her best then it could get messy, but it depends on Serena, mostly on her serve. And the coulda, woulda, shoula part is no indicator of anything. If Li was not a mental midget, she would obviously have had great success, but she isn't therefore it's not something that anyone should rely on. Also, I've noticed many people seem to think she will routine Radwanska and go on to the finals, but how many easy GS draws has Li failed to capitalize on in the last year alone? What makes us think she will even beat Radwanska? Just look at their Sydney match where everyone thought Li would win as well
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1595
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Ok hold the fuck down

I watched all 5 of their matches last year.

In Madrid and Olympics Azarenka was parazlized by fear and Serena was GOAT.

Wimbledon was somewhat competitive (in the 2nd set only), but Serena wasn't exactly on form. She won Wimbledon mostly on her serve (105 aces and 24 vs Azarenka), while from the baseline she was average. YEC was definitely a one sided match. Serena comfortably won 6-4 6-4 and even though Azarenka was 3-0 up in the 2nd, Serena still managed to close it out in 2 despite playing average tennis.

At the US Open, Azarenka was at her very vest in the 2nd and til the end of the 3rd while Serena's level dropped significantly after the first set and she kept spraying errors. Credit to Vika for raising her level, but it was on Serena's racquet as it always is.

Vika can definitely take more games than Maria off Serena, but at the same time, Serena's level when she plays Maria is always better than when she plays Azarenka. If she wanted, I'm sure Serena could lose a game or two vs Victoria as well. And obviously, despite the head to head, Azarenka is the tougher match up for Serena, but she is one of Serena's easiest victims. I'd put Li, Kvitova, Kerber, Stosur, Wozniacki as tougher match-ups for Serena than Vika

As for Li-Serena, it's again on Serena's racquet. If Li plays her best then it could get messy, but it depends on Serena, mostly on her serve. And the coulda, woulda, shoula part is no indicator of anything. If Li was not a mental midget, she would obviously have had great success, but she isn't therefore it's not something that anyone should rely on. Also, I've noticed many people seem to think she will routine Radwanska and go on to the finals, but how many easy GS draws has Li failed to capitalize on in the last year alone? What makes us think she will even beat Radwanska? Just look at their Sydney match where everyone thought Li would win as well

Their YEC match was disappointing IMO. Other than Serena's serve and Vika's play from the beginning of the second until the 3-0 game she/they played poorly.
Wozniacki is a slightly better serving, but less powerful and worse defence>offence player, and Serena is a lot less motivated against her.
Kerber is lucky she played Serena when she did, and even with Serena not trying it was 4 and 4
I already said this, but I'm only talking about AO really, so Sam is irrelevant.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1596
country flag JoPova

Fighterpova, I on agree on most things, except for the fact that in Madrid Serena was good, but not great or GOAT. Vika was awful. Moreover, I can't see Petra ever beating Serena. Petra is strong on grass, where Serena is absolutely unplayable.

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #1597
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

SilverSlam, I bet Vika is full of confidence going into her SF with Serena and Serena is terrified of Vika as she is her 2nd toughest match-up (by your logic)

No doubt that Vika will trash Serena on her 'least favorite surface after clay on which she won 5 Grand Slams'

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1598
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
Their YEC match was disappointing IMO. Other than Serena's serve and Vika's play from the beginning of the second until the 3-0 game she/they played poorly.
Wozniacki is a slightly better serving, but less powerful and worse defence>offence player, and Serena is a lot less motivated against her.
Kerber is lucky she played Serena when she did, and even with Serena not trying it was 4 and 4
I already said this, but I'm only talking about AO really, so Sam is irrelevant.
Well I was talking in general. As for the AO, I already stated my opinion

If Vika wasn't able to beat Serena at the AO while Serena was unmotivated, she sure as hell wont do it now when Serena has marked her as her bitch
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1599
country flag JoPova

I think Silver is trying to say that if there's anyone in this tournament who can take out Serena, if she doesn't play at 100%, it's Vika. Their H2h is awful and Vika is bound to beat her once in a real match where the opponent isn't injured. I don't think it'll happen at the AO, but sooner or later it will

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1600
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

Quote:
SilverSlam, I bet Vika is full of confidence going into her SF with Serena and Serena is terrified of Vika as she is her 2nd toughest match-up (by your logic)

No doubt that Vika will trash Serena on her 'least favorite surface after clay on which she won 5 Grand Slams'

So you're saying Serena on grass is worse than slow HC Serena? Okay, thankyou for telling me that. I mean 5 slams there and an olympic gold mustn't be a good record, what WAS I thinking.

Futhermore I'm talking about what suits her game.

read this :
Quote:
Q. How do you feel about your game on clay at this point? Do you feel you're as tough on that surface as any?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Clay is actually my favorite surface. I haven't played in a year on clay, so we'll see how it goes. But I actually love playing on clay. I really like it.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #1601
country flag Fighterpova

Quote:
So you're saying Serena on grass is worse than slow HC Serena? Okay, thankyou for telling me that. I mean 5 slams there and an olympic gold mustn't be a good record, what WAS I thinking.

What the fuck?

Who the hell mentioned grass

I was talking about the AO surface which you said to be Serena's weakest surface even though she won 5 AO titles.

I wonder where I mentioned WImbledon/Olympics
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #1602
country flag Fighterpova

Grass is her best surface obviously, I don't live in a cave for fucks sake
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #1603
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

Quote:
What the fuck?

Who the hell mentioned grass

I was talking about the AO surface which you said to be Serena's weakest surface even though she won 5 AO titles.

I wonder where I mentioned WImbledon/Olympics
Yeah, I was saying that for Serena, her games suits grass>fast courts>slow courts>clay...I don't see how hard it is to understand that.

You're also forgetting Serena has only won 2 slams (09,10) on Plexicushion, but I'll let that slide...
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #1604
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Yeah, I was saying that for Serena, her games suits grass>fast courts>slow courts>clay...I don't see how hard it is to understand that.

You're also forgetting Serena has only won 2 slams (09,10) on Plexicushion, but I'll let that slide...
Wasn't Rebound Ace even slower?

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #1605
country flag Fighterpova