2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #391
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I really don't care which...as long as the Cermosek Clown College('CCC',hereafter)gets someone to come there

I agree. The photo in the bottom left corner on page 8 of this magazine http://www.tkplus.cz/magazin/01_07.pdf is a fake. All hail Photoshop!

How on earth could this clown be so friendly and hugging a girl who contested 12 slam finals by the age of 22, spent more weeks at No. 1 than Serena, Venus and Sharpie combined and who developed her tennis skills in his 'Clown College' ?

It took the girl and her stupid mom more than six years to recognize that he's just One Lucky Clown

Luvin' this Subforum
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #392
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Google translate is our friend , did only some necessary corrections
Thanks Lufa.

BTW, some Google translations are scarily good
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #393
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Petra is still comfortably a Top 10 player even after an early 2013 AO exit.
Petra has alot points to defend in clay season but it's funny even flopping them she probably will not drop out of Top10, worst case scenario she will be ranked 11 but Wozz\Stosur\Marion all have alot points to defend before clay season and Sam has RG SF to defend, so if Petra plays decently before RG she can cement her Top8 spot before USO series begins, if she manages to beat Kirby\NaNa along the way she can even return as Top5seed to RG
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #394
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Always thought you were a man of leisure… Getting up late ..enjoying your tea & coffee with the read of the paper & then watch womens tennis all day!! – so have you now snared a “squeeze” somewhere between Prague city & your country pad that is eating up all your leisure time?
Well, with coffee chains expanding like crazy in this little country (Costa Coffee leads the pack), it's getting more and more difficult to refrain from enjoying a cup of coffee and watching or talking tennis on your laptop in a nice non-smoking area

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
On a serious note who are these two clowns : Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist) – which other tennis / sports players use these two clowns?
I don't know these two 'clowns' closely, but if Petra's current results continue, they'll be soon compared to Laurel and Hardy.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #395
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Well, with coffee chains expanding like crazy in this little country (Costa Coffee leads the pack), it's getting more and more difficult to refrain from enjoying a cup of coffee and watching or talking tennis on your laptop in a nice non-smoking area
Go away I want your life.

Is there any way we can incorporate the Three Stooges into this mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella
Petra has alot points to defend in clay season but it's funny even flopping them she probably will not drop out of Top10, worst case scenario she will be ranked 11 but Wozz\Stosur\Marion all have alot points to defend before clay season and Sam has RG SF to defend, so if Petra plays decently before RG she can cement her Top8 spot before USO series begins, if she manages to beat Kirby\NaNa along the way she can even return as Top5seed to RG
Bolded are three things that, barring some kind of major wakeup call or a natural progression out of the slump (perhaps by passing it on to Radek or something? I don't know?), will probably not...happen. I mean, I hope they do. I just don't think they will. Or, if Petra manages to do one of these things, she will not do either of the others. (Yes...this might be one of those long years. )
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #396
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Oh; Ok. I didn't look. Good for her (or is it).

I hope she can gain some points then in Paris.

And I really hope she doesn't say, "I was so nervous during my first match here as defending Champion (if she plays poorly)". Cause the reality is, no one is going to really care what she does there, as it's seen as a side bar tournament anyway.
She can't say that though as she's technically not "defending" Champion...she just won it in the past, not last year. So that should take a good amount of nerves away.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #397
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Go away I want your life.

Is there any way we can incorporate the Three Stooges into this mess?
I thought you were from the US, which has more than 10,000 Starbucks outlets

And who are Three Stooges?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #398
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

To be honest, Petra can have a thousand psychologists/mental coaches and get a million advice on how to cope with stress/pressure/asthma/uncertainty but at the end of the day, she's the only one who will actualize those pieces of advice both on- and off-court (I'm not trying to suggest that a psychologist is futile, quite the contrary). It is beneficial for a number of reasons. The most significant thing that should uplift her mental strength (and this is just my opinion) is through winning tight matches, ESPECIALLY when she is not playing well and/or when she is experiencing asthma and/or when she is improvising on court. I believe in the phrases: 'Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing' (Oscar Wilde) and 'Experience is the teacher of all things' (Julius Caesar). Through vanquishing her own nightmares on court, comes mental fortitude. Right now, she has two opponents on court, her physical contender (which is her opponent) and a mental contender (which is her mentality).
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #399
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I agree. The photo in the bottom left corner on page 8 of this magazine http://www.tkplus.cz/magazin/01_07.pdf is a fake. All hail Photoshop!

How on earth could this clown be so friendly and hugging a girl who contested 12 slam finals by the age of 22, spent more weeks at No. 1 than Serena, Venus and Sharpie combined and who developed her tennis skills in his 'Clown College' ?

It took the girl and her stupid mom more than six years to recognize that he's just One Lucky Clown
If I catch your drift,Petronius,you're claiming that Cermosek is some tennis genius who 'created' Hingis.Forgive my candor,but that's feeble-minded B.S..The fact that he funded the facilities where Hingis played doesn't make him her creator OR a great leader.Using YOUR logic,we should bow down and praise the Communist tyrants who inspired Lech Walesa to fight for democracy...or maybe the prison warden where Malcolm X was incarcerated for motivating him to fight against the abuses of his people...or perhaps we should even praise a sick,twisted pedophile father whose sexual abuse led his child to campaign on behalf of such victims...pretty sad logic,really

The evidence of what an amateurish operation Cermosek runs is SOOOO obvious that it's practically in your face.If it were a rat,it would have bitten you in the nose and left you scrambling for a tetanus shot.Almost every aspect of Petra's team has the rest of the world saying 'WTF'!!We NON-Czechs get the idea that Cermosek has funded Czech tennis programs and gotten you feeling all defensively patriotic....As a Mexican,I can respect strong patriotism...but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna get on my knees and shine the helmet of every famous,powerful person from my country...like YOU'RE doing with the 'CCC' director.

Maybe,if you could show us just 1 or 2 intelligent moves--SPECIFIC,STRATEGIC things that involve more than throwing money around-- that Petra's genius manager has done,then some of us non-Czechs might become 'believers' like you.Until then,you'll have to forgive our skepticism

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #400
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I don't even want to think what's going to happen once Dulgheru and Petkovic recover from their injuries

At least Petra should be safe from Sandra Zahlavova in foreseeable future.

Just kidding

BTW, I wouldn't mind if Petra vultured a bit like Aga did in the past and accummulate some points in Doha and Dubai. They will come handy.
you have to be able to take out trash to be a Vulture, its usually done with a game that never changes in level
Melange is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #401
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
The Petra in my head is always the one who beat Sharapova to win 2011 Wimbledon. What's happened since then has been just a great mystery.

Petra won't turn 23 until another month or so, she has time and she will resuscitate her career soon!
last season i thought she would be the new peak pierce, i have now come to the conclusion that she is the new Ivonavich. bit of a mystery to her fans and good enough to be solid top 20. dont think she will again get near to her level of last season of 2 GS Semis
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #402
country flag Melange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
Ex, you're exactly right. I hate to sound like a downer, but I expected Petra to lose just given everything...and quite frankly, i'm tired of all the overly optimistic comments/excuses Petra keeps on making...saying that she had a great off season...and that her goals are just to keep on improving...i mean really...she's been saying this since 2011! ugh, she needs to get real and start thinking about what kind of tennis career she wants to have...

It's like...will this loss finally be the wake up call that Petra needs?!?! It just seems like she's not willing to put in the work and dedication to optimize her talent/skills. It's seeming more and more likely that Petra may have a Kuznetsova or Ivanovic like career...which is just too unfortunate...
her goal is just to stay healthy

Sveta has two slams
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #403
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
last season i thought she would be the new peak pierce, i have now come to the conclusion that she is the new Ivonavich. bit of a mystery to her fans and good enough to be solid top 20. dont think she will again get near to her level of last season of 2 GS Semis
Neither do I
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #404
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Hope you're wrong;they're certainly not identical in personality as Petra isn't the sort who blames everyone else for her self-inflicted problems and then throws her team members under the bus.

....But you're correct that there ARE similarities in other respects: Blaming symptoms instead of finding the root causes of problems...fear of leaving what are actually self-destructive comfort zones...and an unwillingness to honestly deal with and solve mental breakdowns in matches(sigh....)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #405
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If I catch your drift,Petronius,you're claiming that Cermosek is some tennis genius who 'created' Hingis.Forgive my candor,but that's feeble-minded B.S..The fact that he funded the facilities where Hingis played doesn't make him her creator OR a great leader.Using YOUR logic,we should bow down and praise the Communist tyrants who inspired Lech Walesa to fight for democracy...or maybe the prison warden where Malcolm X was incarcerated for motivating him to fight against the abuses of his people...or perhaps we should even praise a sick,twisted pedophile father whose sexual abuse led his child to campaign on behalf of such victims...pretty sad logic,really

The evidence of what an amateurish operation Cermosek runs is SOOOO obvious that it's practically in your face.If it were a rat,it would have bitten you in the nose and left you scrambling for a tetanus shot.Almost every aspect of Petra's team has the rest of the world saying 'WTF'!!We NON-Czechs get the idea that Cermosek has funded Czech tennis programs and gotten you feeling all defensively patriotic....As a Mexican,I can respect strong patriotism...but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna get on my knees and shine the helmet of every famous,powerful person from my country...like YOU'RE doing with the 'CCC' director.

Maybe,if you could show us just 1 or 2 intelligent moves--SPECIFIC,STRATEGIC things that involve more than throwing money around-- that Petra's genius manager has done,then some of us non-Czechs might become 'believers' like you.Until then,you'll have to forgive our skepticism
My only advice to you, bruce: get some investors, build a tennis academy, hire a few coaches and try to attract local talents and compete on the global market.

If the academy where Hingis and Kvitova developed their tennis skills and which produced the reigning Fed Cup and Davis Cup champions is so amateurish, there's no doubt that many other tennis academies are in an even more pathetic condition and you will have no problem to steal their market shares very quickly.

Can't wait for the results

P.S. We get it, you are disappointed by Petra's recent results.

Last edited by Petronius : Jan 19th, 2013 at 12:31 PM.