Anett Kontaveit - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1411
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Oh wow, the draw does seem weak Where are all the Americans? I thought Townsend would surely be defending her title..

I don't think there's any junior GS winners in the draw, are there?
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #1412
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, the first half is much easier
We can blame Putintseva for this mess

Of the Americans Kiick is here, Vickery must have pulled out in the last minute and Townsend is not given any financial support to enable this trip. And indeed, we will once again get a new slam winner.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #1413
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett won 6-2 7-5
It isn't that bad a result because it is her first match and Dart has made a British 10K Final, but her stats weren't great
6/12 on Bps and 5 Doubles to 0 Aces
She will have to improve for her match against Danilina but I think after next match she will be ready
I wonder how she's liking the new racket
Also, I wonder who she's playing Doubles with
Maybe Emily

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #1414
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

A bit too close, but it is only the first match after a long break, so overall ok I guess. Of the other main contenders Konjuh lost the same amount of games and Lottner was in big difficulties. However, her next opponent Vajdova only lost 4 games
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:25 AM   #1415
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Vajdova's had a great end of the year too

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1416
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

She usually starts slow in those junior tournaments, but improves with every match.
She is playing doubles with Emily again, first opponents are 4th seeded Dunne/Makarova. Townsend is not there so they have a good chance at winning if they play as good as they did last year.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1417
country flag muusa

Says she felt a bit insecure and that it takes time getting used to playing in the wind and heat again.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #1418
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

It turns out Ohtuleht found out about the bra
There was a photo of her opponent but not of her on the AO website
I think she should be OK and I think her and Emily would be favourites to win against Dunne/Makarova, even the tournament
It would be great if she could win Singles and Doubles

Here are some pics of Anett from Zimbio

I like Anett in that outfit

BTW, they have re-evaluated the ranking points system

Here is it:
Regular GA tournament
Round 32 Loser = 30 points
Round 16 Loser = 50 points
Quaterfinals = 80 points
Semifinals = 120 points
Runner-up = 180 points
Winner = 250 points

Super GA tournaments (Italian Open, Orange Bowl, Youth Olympics)
Round 32 loser = 30 points
Round 16 loser = 62.5 points
Quarterfinals = 100 points
Semifinals = 165 points
Runner-up = 225 points
Winner = 312.5 points

Grand Slams
Round 32 loser = 30 points
Round 16 loser = 75 points
Quarterfinals = 120 points
Semifinals = 180 points
Runner-up = 270 points
Winner = 375 points

If only they had done it last year she would be much higher ranked

Finally, from her facebook:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anett Kontaveit
Peale paarikuulist võistluspausi oli tore taas tunda võistluspinget. Kuigi sees oli väike ebakindlus, saavutasin võidu 6-2, 7-5. Ilm polnud küll üleeilne 40,3 kraadi, kuid päikese ja tuule käes mängimine tahab harjumist. Tänud ka fännidele. Pildil koos fänni Argo Raudsepaga.
She obviously got the Fan Club I love the Estonian tennis fans Do they come from Estonia??? If they came just for her, that's dedication

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Jan 19th, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #1419
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Anett today, she has a good solid game, she can make the top 100 no doubt just needs to be more consistent, from what I saw she was just bossing Dart around everywhere. dart was so useless

QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA. TAMARINE TANASUGARN.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZE LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GOERGES.
CASEY DELLACQUA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON. DESTANEE AIAVA.
QUEEN ALEJANDRA NANCARREZ
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #1420
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that they solved the issue with Townsend after the drama it caused at USO last year. Really a shame, they won't let #1 junior to defend her title

Anett looks in better physical shape judging by the pictures
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1421
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
I thought that they solved the issue with Townsend after the drama it caused at USO last year. Really a shame, they won't let #1 junior to defend her title

Anett looks in better physical shape judging by the pictures
Yeah, they complained that it would only be 1 tournament, but realistically it could be between 1 and 9, if she played the full Australian Open swing with Burnie, Launceston, Sydney, Sydney, Mildura, Bundaberg and Ipswich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
I saw Anett today, she has a good solid game, she can make the top 100 no doubt just needs to be more consistent, from what I saw she was just bossing Dart around everywhere. dart was so useless
That's good to hear Maybe when she gets a coach

Quote:
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #1422
country flag Losing Streak
Only Pova that matters~

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Kichenoks Sasnovich Kremen Pervak Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mladenovic Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1423
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post

Already posted them
Anett first up tomorrow for Singles and later for Doubles
I would expect a more one sided scoreline than against Dart

Quote:
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:56 AM   #1424
country flag muusa

Defeated Vajdova 76(6) 60. Lost in doubles though. Next up is Danilina as expected.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:23 AM   #1425
country flag chingching

I am not too worried about Danilina after she struggled
I know Loeb is under ranked but still
Also not worried about Lottner and Siniakova
They so should have won Doubles
The leads they had
She did well to save SP in First Set with Ace
I think being out of Doubles will help her Singles but I really thought they had a shot at the Doubles title
I don't know exactly how they lost as I expect Anett to beat both these girls losing minimal games and Emily is a good Doubles player

Quote: