Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #646
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

I don't know what to think either about the Fed Cup thing...

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #647
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianer Slobo View Post
I Have to agree with you. I hope she doesn't close doors she can't open anymore later. On the other hand I can also understand, that she does want to fully focus on the tour and to work on her career on the tour. Don't know if she rationally picked to leave Fed Cup aside for now or if its some kind of revenge for the lack of support she received by the DTB. I sometimes get the feeling she's on some kind of lonely wulf road(maybe she wants it that way?). Same with her still not having a professional full time coach. Hope she doesn't realize she is wrong when the train has already left the station.(with this I don't want to judge if her decision is wrong or right)
I dont think that Mona is by any means resentful and so she just made a rational decision concerning the fedcup. Given her declining form during the second half of last season she might have thought that it would be better to focus on the WTA-Tour. If she comes up with good results this year she might be a contender for a place in the fedcup team next year, in case Barbara Rittner is not resentful herself.

We will see. I believe her decision is right at this stage of her career and i am not sure if she would be ready to play a decisive singles match in case Julia or Angie got injured at that weekend.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #648
popinjay

popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold popinjay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
19.1.: Leider muss ich euch mitteilen, dass ich meine Teilnahme für den Fed Cup absagen musste. Natürlich fühlte ich mich sehr geehrt, dass mich Barbara Rittner aufgestellt hat und die Entscheidung ist mir auf keinen Fall leicht gefallen. Selbstverständlich ist es ein Traum für mich einmal im Fed Cup zu spielen. Für "Außenstehende" mag diese Entscheidung vielleicht etwas merkwürdig scheinen, aber es spielten viele private Gründe mit ein, die ich nicht öffentlich darstellen möchte. Ich bin sehr froh darüber, dass Barbara Rittner meine Entscheidung akzeptiert und ich vertraue Sabine und dem Team in dieser Begegnung 100%ig. Ich wünsche dem ganzen Team natürlich viel Glück und werde die Spiele selbstverständlich verfolgen und mitfiebern. Vielleicht war es einfach noch nicht der richtige Zeitpunkt für mein Fed Cup Debut.
http://www.mona-barthel.de/berichte2013.html
popinjay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #649
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

There is no translation on her homepage. So here it is.

Quote:
Unlucky I must tell you that I had to refuse my appearance at the Fed Cup. I feel honoured about my nomination and the decision came not easy to me. Of course it`s a dream for me to play Fed Cup on day.
Looking from the outside this decision might look a little strange, but there are also some private reasons, about which I don`t want to talk in the public. I`m very happy that B. Rittner accepted my decision and I trust Sabine and the team by a 100% in that encounter. Good luck and all the best for the team and of course I will follow the matches and root for the team. It maybe wasn`t yet the right time for my Fed Cup debut.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 19th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #650
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, joy division.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:24 PM   #651
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, Mona would shit her pants a Fed Cup type of atmosphere/situation right now. It's probably for the best until she gets a lot more big match experience.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:46 PM   #652
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
Honestly, Mona would shit her pants a Fed Cup type of atmosphere/situation right now. It's probably for the best until she gets a lot more big match experience.
True.
Off topic question: Is Mona really your 2nd fav? IIRC you did put her 2nd on the list of your fav players.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:31 PM   #653
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
True.
Off topic question: Is Mona really your 2nd fav? IIRC you did put her 2nd on the list of your fav players.
Yas. I love me some Barthel these days. The rocket first serve, silky smooth ballbashing, and the those ocassional crazy clever points that she throws in every now and again =

Such a bad choker though, and her slump last year was bizarre/worrying.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:09 AM   #654
country flag deliverance.

deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future deliverance. has a brilliant future

Hello Viktymise Nice to see there another Mona's fan
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:08 AM   #655
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Some words on her.

As it is pretty usual in Germany for tennisplayers she decided to finish school (btw. on the highest level) and is generally interested in many different things beside the court.

Mona is more a soft-spoken woman, very humble and imo pretty sensible overall when you look for instance at the way she handles(d) the disease of her mother.
In an interview she mentioned on the question what she would do if she had a lot of money she would incorporate a foundation for alternative cancer research.
That does not mean that she`s a new Mother Theresa but she cares for such things and she knows that life is not all about tennis.

When you look on her career and developement so far you have to say that she always had a pretty unprofessional und also unconventional environment. And so is her play.
It`s not yet matured and she`s on her own on the court. Her mum surely is not the professional help she would need at times. Some of her strokes and her readiness for competition still reminds me at absolute tennis beginners, But she`s working on it and her forehand shuffle at least has got some length in the meanwhile.
Of course Mona has still a very long way to go as a tennisplayer.

Mona (and her family) seems not to work excepionally success-oriented and we have to accept that. Things will probably change when she will not improve in the near future

It would be a wonderful story to me if she, as a little different player and person, could find her way and fulfil her potential as a tennis professional.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:51 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM   #656
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Awww, didn't know about her mother's illness. Must be tough...

Putintseva Krunic Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Smitkova Svitolina Mladenovic Garcia Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh

Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #657
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktymise View Post
yeah, i think she should concentrate on her singles carreer now... kerber, lisicki, görges, petkovic looking for a place in the team, it will be hard to get a chance to play anyway until she climbs up the rankings considerably
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #658
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Mona getting a coach would be a nice start...
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM   #659
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Some words on her.

As it is pretty usual in Germany for tennisplayers she decided to finish school (btw. on the highest level) and is generally interested in many different things beside the court.

Mona is more a soft-spoken woman, very humble and imo pretty sensible overall when you look for instance at the way she handles(d) the disease of her mother.
In an interview she mentioned on the question what she would do if she had a lot of money she would incorporate a foundation for alternative cancer research.
That does not mean that she`s a new Mother Theresa but she cares for such things and she knows that life is not all about tennis.

When you look on her career and developement so far you have to say that she always had a pretty unprofessional und also unconventional environment. And so is her play.
It`s not yet matured and she`s on her own on the court. Her mum surely is not the professional help she would need at times. Some of her strokes and her readiness for competition still reminds me at absolute tennis beginners, But she`s working on it and her forehand shuffle at least has got some length in the meanwhile.
Of course Mona has still a very long way to go as a tennisplayer.

Mona (and her family) seems not to work excepionally success-oriented and we have to accept that. Things will probably change when she will not improve in the near future

It would be a wonderful story to me if she, as a little different player and person, could find her way and fulfil her potential as a tennis professional.
Indeed a nice and thoughtful post on Mona and her approach to her career. It reminds me that we should be careful about our expectations concerning her development as a tennis player.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:48 PM   #660
Viktymise
King

I really feel like her career can go one of two ways from this point:

1) She continually improves, experiences a shit load of setbacks in the form of losses and chokes in big (ish) matches, but eventually learns from these setbacks, gets better guidance, and realises that she doesn't have to be a great competitor to be a genuine threat to the best in the world.

2) Experiences a continual flow of said horrid chokes/losses, but never gets a stable coach, never really improves, and remains a mid-ranked unknown quantity, who can have a few hot streak during the year, and take it to top players every now and then, but never achieves anything particularly significant or takes her tennis to the next level.

We'll see.