Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 75 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM   #1111
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

19 yearold Laura needs to finish the year in the top 30. Otherwise my name becomes OverratedRobSUCK. It's part of a bet I have going on.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #1112
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
It does piss me off how posters in general messages have nothing good to say about Laura though. They act as though every loss proves she's over hyped, and every win is a fluke. Yes, Sloane may be the form player of the two right now, but already in their careers, Laura has been much more impressive when they're at their best, IMO.
But that would mean people admitting they were wrong GM is such a hate-filled, stubborn, hostile place.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #1113
country flag alexjones

alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold alexjones is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
It does piss me off how posters in general messages have nothing good to say about Laura though. They act as though every loss proves she's over hyped, and every win is a fluke. Yes, Sloane may be the form player of the two right now, but already in their careers, Laura has been much more impressive when they're at their best, IMO.
yeah think i'm going to stay out of general discussion for a few days, it's really annoying how harsh they are towards laura there.
alexjones is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #1114
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Where's Blue when you need him? Sure he's a Robson 'hater' but at least he can maintain a decent conversation.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #1115
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
19 yearold Laura needs to finish the year in the top 30. Otherwise my name becomes OverratedRobSUCK. It's part of a bet I have going on.
You're not the only one.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #1116
country flag KeysisGOAT

Huh? That's literally what's going to happen if Laura doesn't finish in the top 30. If she does, BlueTrees changes his name to RobsonIsGOAT.

He's a good sport.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #1117
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Huh? That's literally what's going to happen if Laura doesn't finish in the top 30. If she does, BlueTrees changes his name to RobsonIsGOAT.

He's a good sport.
That's amazing. It needs to happen

Yeah I had a spat with BlueTrees the other day but we seemed to sort it out. He seems like a fair guy.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #1118
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

He's a good sport.
I know. But my friends all think Laura's overhyped and they prefer Keys, Vekic. So it'll be an embarrassing moment if she doesn't end the year Top 40/30.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1119
country flag KeysisGOAT

Laura is overhyped. But she's overhyped for the right reasons. It started when she developed years faster than Watson (she still is), continued with her charisma and personality, ballooned because of her entertaining style, and exploded because of what she did at the top levels.

Donna and Madison are overhyped too, for the record.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #1120
Royals.

Quote:
Laura is overhyped. But she's overhyped for the right reasons. It started when she developed years faster than Watson (she still is), continued with her charisma and personality, ballooned because of her entertaining style, and exploded because of what she did at the top levels.

Donna and Madison are overhyped too, for the record.
GM will disagree with you on that one, i wouldn't say that so boldly if i were you.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1121
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

I would agree Robson is hyped but only because everyone can see her talent.Whether she uses it or not is another matter. Sloane is maturing well and could be the real deal.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #1122
country flag JCNALI

JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all JCNALI is a name known to all

Laura moved fastest against Kim than this, why is she so slow after winter training,
JCNALI is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1123
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Racists. The lot of them.
thank you for this lovely comment. We are certainly not racist. The problem is the wretched commentators constantly keep reminding us that she is born in Melbourne and she travels on an Australian passport......and yet still plays for the UK. I personally would have felt that this in itself would have been enough to have the crowd to support Stephens even more........an "Aussie" choosing not to play for us is for me really Un Australian and she belongs in the UK. So rather than sniping about Australian people count your lucky stars that we are really fair.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1124
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
thank you for this lovely comment. We are certainly not racist. The problem is the wretched commentators constantly keep reminding us that she is born in Melbourne and she travels on an Australian passport......and yet still plays for the UK. I personally would have felt that this in itself would have been enough to have the crowd to support Stephens even more........an "Aussie" choosing not to play for us is for me really Un Australian and she belongs in the UK. So rather than sniping about Australian people count your lucky stars that we are really fair.
She has a British passport.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #1125
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
She has a British passport.
Goodness I hope you are right. Channel 7 here at home said tonight she travels on an Aussie passport......hope they are wrong and you are right. She is definitely British and not Australian. I cant work out why our crowds think she is any way one of us..........she chose to represent the UK and good luck to her.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote