Donna Vekic - Page 221 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3301
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Well playing in KL won't help her get to WTA level either as it is so weak
Playing Eilat will at least get her more points
I am pretty sure she is not chasing points. In Kl they will be some good players, so it is 1000 times better to play it than Elisat and it is much better to go far in a " weak" WTA tournament than an ITF one.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #3302
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Good luck to Donna in KL, hopefully she can win some matches there and get easier draw.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #3303
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Just trying to analyze chingching's thought patterns here, so bare with me. First here's this...

Quote:
Donna's whoring in the house tonight
But seriously, I think this is a good choice of tournament
I would actually have gone with Pattaya as apparently it is a very nice tournament and it is quite weak
Why didn't she play 75K Eilat???
She has Fed Cup the next week
It was probably too strong
So, a good choice of tournament, but why not Eliat, probably because it's too strong. Then we have this regarding Eliat...

Quote:
Also it would prepare her for Fed Cup well and give her the opportunity to play against some lower ranked players because she is not at WTA level yet
So first she didn't choose Eliat because it's too stong and then it would be a good oppoortunity to play some low ranked players because of her current non-WTA level (btw, since Donna beat Rybarikova and Jovanovski among others, this would mean that they're not on a WTA level either, according to chingx2)

And to top it all, here's what ching suggests, after proclaiming Donna's KL entry as an example of whoring...

Quote:
Playing Eilat will at least get her more points
This last sentence is not only incorrectly constructed - which a self-proclaimed language expert should've known - but it just fails to make any sort of sense out of this "stream of thougt".

So to sum up, no need for all the smilies ching, we all figured a long time ago that you're a troll. I've just laid out the evidence so we're clear.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #3304
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

KL > Eilat

Most important thing for Donna is to improve her game. That is lot easier with tougher matches against players like Wozniacki, Hsieh, Jovanovski.

What do you expect from Donna in 2013 (ranking)?
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3305
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
What do you expect from Donna in 2013 (ranking)?
You didn't specify to whom is this adressed so I'll go ahead and answer; I'd be happy with top 70 and everything above that consider a success. You never know in tennis, injuries and unplanned occurrences happen all the time so I never place the bar too high. Her team alegedly said their goal is top 50, but I don't think that's possible for her this year. Great if she is ready to aim that big, but I don't see it happening with all the age restrictions and mandatory events (i.e. slams) in which one lousy draw can mean an exit with 5 points.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3306
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

That was question for all Donna's fans

I would be happy with top 80, but who knows, Donna surprised us many times
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #3307
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
That was question for all Donna's fans

I would be happy with top 80, but who knows, Donna surprised us many times
Yup I think 70-80 is a reasonable goal if she stays healthy.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #3308
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Last year plan was top 200 than she finished in top 100 almost.
I would be happy with staying in top 100 ( any position) but expect top 60-80
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #3309

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
So to sum up, no need for all the smilies ching, we all figured a long time ago that you're a troll. I've just laid out the evidence so we're clear.
It seems no matter if I have him on ignore or not I still can see his posts when they are quoted.
I wish that could be fixed somehow.
All what that person posts is just one big pile of *hit and who wants to look at that?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #3310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
I would be happy with staying in top 100 ( any position) but expect top 60-80
I agree with this, if only she could stay in top 100 it would be great achievement for her age.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:38 AM   #3311
country flag ma re

Woz is playing R3 ATM and Jo Durie said Donna told her after the match that she couldn't believe how deep Caroline played and how consistently she managed to do it. This is hardly surprising cause before this she never faced a top 20 opponent before and was mostly playing girls from outside 100. These sorts of matches are definately valuable for Donna, although she won't be playing a lot of them this year probably. Anyway, hope Donna is watching this match cause Tsurenko, although not ranked all that much higher, is handling the situation much better than Donna did - not a surprise considering a 7 year age difference, but it could be useful for Donna to see it nonetheless.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #3312
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just trying to analyze chingching's thought patterns here, so bare with me. First here's this...

So, a good choice of tournament, but why not Eliat, probably because it's too strong. Then we have this regarding Eliat...

So first she didn't choose Eliat because it's too stong and then it would be a good oppoortunity to play some low ranked players because of her current non-WTA level (btw, since Donna beat Rybarikova and Jovanovski among others, this would mean that they're not on a WTA level either, according to chingx2)

And to top it all, here's what ching suggests, after proclaiming Donna's KL entry as an example of whoring...

This last sentence is not only incorrectly constructed - which a self-proclaimed language expert should've known - but it just fails to make any sort of sense out of this "stream of thougt".

First of all, my name is not ching, so don't call me that.
Second, obviously you can't spell also
Thirdly, Eilat is stronger than Kuala Lumpur given that the amount of points you win per round is much less. Donna is unlikely to face a decent opponent in Round 1, probably an over ranked Asian, whereas she will be playing against lower ranked players who are just below her in Eilat.
To tell you the truth she should play both.
Finally, I am not trolling if what I say is true. I never said she wasn't good, I said she was a points whorer. Everyone on tennisforum except a few of you delusionals think that too

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3313
country flag ma re

Quote:
Thirdly, Eilat is stronger than Kuala Lumpur given that the amount of points you win per round is much less. Donna is unlikely to face a decent opponent in Round 1, probably an over ranked Asian, whereas she will be playing against lower ranked players who are just below her in Eilat.
You do understand that for all we know she could face Wozniacki before the QF in Malaysia, right? And you still insist on saying EILat is stronger?

Let's see. Of this Eilat draw she played against 3 players thus far; lost to Friedsam in 3 sets on clay (hardly a disaster for Donna half a year ago, wouldn't happen on HC) and defeated both Buyukakcay and Sirotkina in straights - in fact, pretty much demolished the later in USO QR1. These are all players in the upper half of the Eilat main draw. I don't know all the players that'll play in KL, but it's enough for me to know Hsieh and Wozniacki will be there to conclude it's a riskier choice than this 75k. And yet you call it whoring for points. Even better, you call it that despite writing about a dozen posts ago that she should've chosen Eilat cause it would give her more points.

Anyway, I've just showed in my last post (even despite one spelling error you enjoy pointing out) that a) you're looking for any sort of excuse to say something nasty about Donna and undermine her results, even if it means changing your claims every now and then and b) that you're still not making any sense, which is not surprising because you're motivated by envy and hatred.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #3314
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Quote:
You do understand that for all we know she could face Wozniacki before the QF in Malaysia, right? And you still insist on saying EILat is stronger?
Donna has good chance to be seeded, morita#81 is 4. on entry list.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3315
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna now with over 11,000 FB likes
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread