AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #1546
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
True! It's not as if she needs to be this motivated and pumped up every time! Maria usually sucks every time they meet
IKR but I liked Maria's last performance over Serena, there was just 3 breaks of serve and she seemed more motivated in YEC final, she was there to win and I could feel it, she was definitely a lot more determined than the previous matches against Serena that's for sure.
But if they play each other in the final, I do expect Serena to prevail but hopefully it's gonna be three sets or two tough sets.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #1547
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
IKR but I liked Maria's last performance over Serena, there was just 3 breaks of serve and she seemed more motivated in YEC final, she was there to win and I could feel it, she was definitely a lot more determined than the previous matches against Serena that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Yes, I really liked what I saw from her in that match, but you could feel that Maria didn't really had a chance and was just fighting through. We need Serena to serve a bit worse than she can, at least not have a 75% of first serves in. If you can't even win points on her serve, you're not winning against her. It's not looking good now though, since she's starting to hit 200+ kmh aces just like men in ATP

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #1548
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
Yes, I really liked what I saw from her in that match, but you could feel that Maria didn't really had a chance and was just fighting through. We need Serena to serve a bit worse than she can, at least not have a 75% of first serves in. If you can't even win points on her serve, you're not winning against her. It's not looking good now though, since she's starting to hit 200+ kmh aces just like men in ATP
That's for sure. Only a choke or some tension from Serena could help us, a lil bit like what happened in US final, she had barely 50% of first serves

Last edited by doomsday : Jan 19th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #1549
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really hoping for a clean performance from Maria.

Last year she struggled in every single one of her fourth round Slam matches, including losing at Wimbledon.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #1550
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just sick of being afraid of rena. Masha should look at her as just another player because its ridiculous at how much she dominates both physically and mentally the tour. If rena wants to use every inch of fire vs Masha each time they meet then fair play but what Masha showed vs Vee in that reaction is that she can bring the fire power too. Even if they met in the final and Masha only got on the board at 4-0 down first set I want her to scream the loudest come on imaginable. I just hate when she's so quiet when she receives those beatdowns. I know it's tough but I want her to just stick it to rena every time they meet

Should they meet ofc
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1551
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Well said Cosmic! I'd love to see competitive matches between the top 3 players and other players being able to beat Serena, but at times she's just too good. Her serve is unreal. Anyway, I agree with you that Maria needs to be very pumped and make Serena feel that she won't go down without a fight, because right now she feels invincible.

I hope they don't meet and we'll have Vika-Maria part 2

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #1552
country flag doomsday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
I'm just sick of being afraid of rena. Masha should look at her as just another player because its ridiculous at how much she dominates both physically and mentally the tour. If rena wants to use every inch of fire vs Masha each time they meet then fair play but what Masha showed vs Vee in that reaction is that she can bring the fire power too. Even if they met in the final and Masha only got on the board at 4-0 down first set I want her to scream the loudest come on imaginable. I just hate when she's so quiet when she receives those beatdowns. I know it's tough but I want her to just stick it to rena every time they meet

Should they meet ofc
We all are
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:28 AM   #1553
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I don't care anymore. I know Serena will win eventually so why put any pressure on yourself?
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1554
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Well, I don't care anymore. I know Serena will win eventually so why put any pressure on yourself?
I know that too! I think that Serena's winning the tournament in straight sets, but I want Maria to get another Slam soon, especially an AO. So, I'll never stop hoping and believing!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1555
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

I'll start believing when someone takes out Serena
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14
Monzanator is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #1556
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Some of you need to acknowledge Vika has a great shot against Serena here, she's always played her tough and makes Serena have to play her best to win.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #1557
country flag JoPova

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Some of you need to acknowledge Vika has a great shot against Serena here, she's always played her tough and makes Serena have to play her best to win.
I've thought about this, but Vika isn't playing as well as she was last year, and she's likely to fold like a cheap tent against Serena in the SF with all the pressure of the title defense and the #1 ranking on the line. Maybe she won't though and we'll score her first real win against Serena. I'd love to see Maria-Vika again! Maria will come out firing for sure!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #1558
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Did my last day at the Open today. Thomas chucked me a ball (probably feeling sorry for the crazy girl standing in the same spot each time), managed to get it signed by Maria

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1559
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc-spurs View Post
Did my last day at the Open today. Thomas chucked me a ball (probably feeling sorry for the crazy girl standing in the same spot each time), managed to get it signed by Maria
That must have made your day, gc-spurs. I'd love to see Maria in person one day.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #1560
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Maria in 4th rounds in 2012(if my memory is correct):

AO: def. Lisicki 3-6 6-2 6-3
FO: def. Zakopalova 6-4 6-7 6-2
W: lost to Lisicki 6-4 6-3
USO: def. Petrova 6-1 4-6 6-4

Her toughest round in Slams last year

Hopefully it will be straights vs Flipkens
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote