Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 74 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #1096
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

She's really taking a lot off the serve. I wonder if its the injury or just intentionally trying to get a higher percentage

... for some reason.
Dawson. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:05 AM   #1097
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
She's really taking a lot off the serve. I wonder if its the injury or just intentionally trying to get a higher percentage
Probably a combination of both. She's injured so she needs to take a bit off or have to withdraw, and since she physically can't go for as much she's got to up her percentage to stay competitive.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:17 AM   #1098
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Oh Laura, why do you miss the easy shots and make the difficult shots?

*hingis_forever* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1099
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

The thing I wish right now was that Laura could win on her second serve.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #1100
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Stephen is fast. I'm talking Clijsters-fast

... for some reason.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #1101
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

Oh well that's a shame. I haven't seen Sloane before but she was very impressive.

Not that far away though, if Laura's serve had been at 100% it could have been different.
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #1102
country flag Dawson.

7-5, 6-3 Oh well, it was a pretty good match in the end.

... for some reason.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #1103
country flag KeysisGOAT

Laura's first serve, while slower than usual was fine. Her second though

I'm liking the analysis on ES. If there's someone I'm willing to listen to about big serves It's Rusedski.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #1104
country flag JustAileen

JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light JustAileen is a glorious beacon of light

It was a good match. I hope her shoulder is fine
JustAileen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #1105

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingTennisFan View Post
Oh well that's a shame. I haven't seen Sloane before but she was very impressive.

Not that far away though, if Laura's serve had been at 100% it could have been different.
Yeah, that's the one area that Laura was doing better at the US Open. Here serve against Clijsters got her out of trouble so many times. I do, however, like the fact that she was getting more first serves in by taking some pace off, whether it was due to injury or not.

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1106

It does piss me off how posters in general messages have nothing good to say about Laura though. They act as though every loss proves she's over hyped, and every win is a fluke. Yes, Sloane may be the form player of the two right now, but already in their careers, Laura has been much more impressive when they're at their best, IMO.

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:42 AM   #1107
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAileen View Post
It was a good match. I hope her shoulder is fine
It's how she serves. She puts too much pressure on her shoulder. She needs to use a her legs more in her serve to take the pressure off of her shoulders.

Can you guys remember how Laura was last year?! She's improved so much. very happy.

Pattaya Open next!
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #1108
country flag KeysisGOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
It's how she serves. She puts too much pressure on her shoulder. She needs to use a her legs more in her serve to take the pressure off of her shoulders.

Can you guys remember how Laura was last year?! She's improved so much. very happy.

Pattaya Open next!
Sort of unrelated to tennis, but it's the same in cheer leading. A lot of power comes from the legs. If Laura's trying to generate as much power as she does with her upper body alone, it's no wonder she's injured herself twice after long matches in quick succession (the first was in Guangzhou where she spent the final and the rest of the Asian swing with a strapped shoulder). Also, is she did properly use her legs, she'd probably get some more power out of the serve. Win, win.

Also, she needs to do anything and everything to improve her second serve. Just terrible.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1109
country flag fast lefty

fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all fast lefty is a name known to all

That 2nd serve ,why bother.Everyone says people pick on Laura but no wonder. All the talent and no clue with how to use it.why is she still so immobile.Idiocy from her and her coach.
fast lefty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #1110
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Sort of unrelated to tennis, but it's the same in cheer leading. A lot of power comes from the legs. If Laura's trying to generate as much power as she does with her upper body alone, it's no wonder she's injured herself twice after long matches in quick succession (the first was in Guangzhou where she spent the final and the rest of the Asian swing with a strapped shoulder). Also, is she did properly use her legs, she'd probably get some more power out of the serve. Win, win.

Also, she needs to do anything and everything to improve her second serve. Just terrible.
There's a lot of tweaking issues that need to be ironed out. As far as i see it. An 18 year old Sloane finished the year at 97.

A 19 year old Sloane finished the year in the Top 40 so Laura has a chance this year too. She needs to be a lot more consistent in the MM tournaments. That's how she'll gain more experience. If she gets a lot of SF placings in those tournaments it'll help her massively.