Watch out for Petra Kvitova - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 6th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #271
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice
Re: Watch out for Petra Kvitova

I remember seeing her for the first time, 30.4.2008 Azarenka - Kvitova 6:3 6:4, first round in Prague tournament. Oh boy, she was bad
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM   #272
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
I remember seeing her for the first time, 30.4.2008 Azarenka - Kvitova 6:3 6:4, first round in Prague tournament. Oh boy, she was bad
However, in that match you could already tell that it was a matter of Petra pulling together more than 2 good points in a row. I feel like you could always see that Petra has the ability of outhitting anyone once she finds her zone. In the match before she hit Cirstea off the court without breaking a sweat
Old Mar 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #273
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
However, in that match you could already tell that it was a matter of Petra pulling together more than 2 good points in a row. I feel like you could always see that Petra has the ability of outhitting anyone once she finds her zone. In the match before she hit Cirstea off the court without breaking a sweat
I remember that match just briefly and the worst thing about her was her movement. She looked like she's got these long hands and legs just two days ago and she just couldn't handle them yet Well, she was like 17 or so. I always think about this when I see Ivanko, her condition couch. I think he did a great job on her.
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #274
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm... It was a great prediction after all...

But now we should watch out her downfall

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #275
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

I was just thinking about this thread after her loss. Her physical condition is just too unstable. You could see that a fit Petra would've won that match. I really wonder what she was doing during the off-season. Not an athletic body at all! When she won Wimbledon for example she was way fitter!
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #276
country flag TennisAddict84

TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold TennisAddict84 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
I was just thinking about this thread after her loss. Her physical condition is just too unstable. You could see that a fit Petra would've won that match. I really wonder what she was doing during the off-season. Not an athletic body at all! When she won Wimbledon for example she was way fitter!
and yet, Petra insists that she had a great off season! just don't know what is going on w/ her...
TennisAddict84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #277
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisAddict84 View Post
and yet, Petra insists that she had a great off season! just don't know what is going on w/ her...
Unfortunately, it's not just the physical that lost her that match. Petra had more than enough chances, and was certainly in the drivers seat to close it out, and was actually winning most of the longer rallies.

Petra has many problems now. You can see her confidence, anticipation, instincts, serve, returns, groundstrokes, strategy, brains/strategy, etc., have all diminished or fell off this year as well, outside of anything physical.

However, it is correct to ask: "What the hell was Petra and her team doing during the off season!?"

Unfortunately (especially based on Petra's post game comments after Sydney, regarding her new Fitness coach), I think the end of Petra's season last year while ill/recovering (Playing Fed Cup, Exo and Czech Extraliga), cut into her rest and preparation time, as I been saying.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #278
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #279
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Excellent piece of work – a masterclass in wrapping an important message with humour! Someone should upload the link to this clip on to Kvitty’s Facebook site – so she & her team can see it! – It is certainly worthy of a GM debut!

The cast also includes debuting kvitty subforum faithful…

0:58 -1:06 - Excelscior, Paulmara, Petronius, Shifty, 18majors look on..

1:23-1:26 ; netphobia & ILK weep..
1:59-2.04 – A concerned TA84 walks in ..
2:55-2:59 – ILK consoles netphobia ..
2:59-3:01 – A concerned TA84 looks on ..

Last edited by ArcticMoose : Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #280
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold

petra

maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:42 PM   #281
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Excellent piece of work – a masterclass in wrapping an important message with humour! Someone should upload the link to this clip on to Kvitty’s Facebook site – so she & her team can see it! – It is certainly worthy of a GM debut!

The cast also includes debuting kvitty subforum faithful…

0:58 -1:06 - Excelscior, Paulmara, Petronius, Shifty, 18majors look on..

1:23-1:26 ; netphobia & ILK weep..
1:59-2.04 – A concerned TA84 walks in ..
2:55-2:59 – ILK consoles netphobia ..
2:59-3:01 – A concerned TA84 looks on ..
Brilliant. I'm just wondering where is ArticMoose? Oh wait, he stars as ...
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #282
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

OMFG!!!!

That is the funniest clip I've ever, ever seen! Bloody Amazing

Also to Arctic Moose

@ Petronius casting AM as Hitler

You are all so amazing on here
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #283
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone posted it on GM yet?
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #284
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
This was excellent and quite funny.

Spot on!

Who did this? Was it one of us?

And lastly, wasn't this also done during 2012? I remember seeing this before?

I guess it was updated for 2013 already, huh?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #285
country flag davidmario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Unfortunately, it's not just the physical that lost her that match. Petra had more than enough chances, and was certainly in the drivers seat to close it out, and was actually winning most of the longer rallies.

Petra has many problems now. You can see her confidence, anticipation, instincts, serve, returns, groundstrokes, strategy, brains/strategy, etc., have all diminished or fell off this year as well, outside of anything physical.

However, it is correct to ask: "What the hell was Petra and her team doing during the off season!?"

Unfortunately (especially based on Petra's post game comments after Sydney, regarding her new Fitness coach), I think the end of Petra's season last year while ill/recovering (Playing Fed Cup, Exo and Czech Extraliga), cut into her rest and preparation time, as I been saying.
Well I believe that all these factors you mentioned depend on a good physical condition. If you are out of breath, your anticipation, your instincts and every other parts of your game are below average. A strong stamina creates a strong confidence.