Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 24 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #346
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yah, I meant Johansson. Thanks for the correction.

Caro's regular game hasn't been good enough to get past the 4th round of Wimbledon. So I think something different needs to be done whether it's along the lines of what Johansson had her doing or something else.
I think Caroline is better on hardcourt, and if she has a breakthru major, it will probably be at AO or USO.
I would like to see her start having deeper runs at FO & Wimbledon.
There was a time when people thought Sharapova would never win the FO. So players can adjust over the years.
On grass, her serve has to improve. She was up a break in the 3rd vs Cibulkova and was broken 3 times. On grass that is difficult to over come.

But right now, I still dont know if 2013 will be more like 2010 or 2012 for Caroline. So I want to see how she does at this tournament. As long as she keeps winning here, anything is possible as the year goes on.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #347
country flag Martn7

Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of Martn7 has much to be proud of

I think Caro should try to improve her game on clay. She has a playing style which should be good for that surface, but she doesn't move as well on clay as on other surfaces. She should try to move better and slide better, probably improve her drop shots and she could have great results at the French Open
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #348
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martn7 View Post
I think Caro should try to improve her game on clay. She has a playing style which should be good for that surface, but she doesn't move as well on clay as on other surfaces. She should try to move better and slide better, probably improve her drop shots and she could have great results at the French Open
I think she can if she can get her game back to where it was late 2010-early 2011.
She was in a Madrid final in 2009. Lost a semi to Sharapova in Rome 2011, won in Brussels 2011. She is okay on it, lost to Fran the year she won the FO.
First she has to get her overall game back to where it was. If she can, I think she can make deep runs in Paris.
I'm not sure about Wimbledon ( has to hold serve better), but defense is a good thing in Paris

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #349
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Caroline is better on hardcourt, and if she has a breakthru major, it will probably be at AO or USO.
I would like to see her start having deeper runs at FO & Wimbledon.
For sure. Aus Open and US Open are clearly Caro`s best Grand Slams

Aus Open 1 x SF, 1 x QF
French Open 1 x QF
Wimbledon -
US Open 1 x Final, 2 x SF

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:31 PM   #350
country flag goldenlox

To me, its important that she gets the mental toughness back. These 2 matches look good, but its just 2 matches.
Caroline used to put streaks together. Winning 9 of 10, even 15 of 16.
If she can keep her level high, make her opponents play great to beat her, I think she can get back in the mix at the top.
But thats a long way off. For now, get this 3rd round win

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #351
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

She even had a 25-1 streak in 2010! She won all matches from Montreal to 1RR at YEC except the SF loss at USO against Zvonareva.

That seems such a long time ago. An 8-match winning streak would be pretty awesome these days. I'm sure she'll be back, but I don't know when.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:23 AM   #352
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

For me,the Ladies First principle should apply;it just seems wrong to me that lovely Caroline has to wait for the men to finish playing.As a matter of fact,who ever said that men's matches had to be longer?Why not SHORTER...say,best 4 games out of 7 for everyone except the Big Four

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Temporary Destination 6: Another step towards what will , eventually, be the FINAL Destination
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #353
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
She even had a 25-1 streak in 2010! She won all matches from Montreal to 1RR at YEC except the SF loss at USO against Zvonareva.

That seems such a long time ago. An 8-match winning streak would be pretty awesome these days. I'm sure she'll be back, but I don't know when.
Yeah, that was Rogers Cup, New Haven, USO, Tokyo, Beijing 2010. 4 titles & a semi 25-1.
I think the biggest mistake Caro & her dad made was not concentrating more on developing her serve.
I think they should have someone watch tape of Caro's matches & chart every serve. Wide, down the T, to the body. Study the %'s that go in, that win points off her serve.
Her serve seems too easy to attack, and this 3rd round could have been trouble if her opponent didnt hit so many routine balls into the net, or if she had a good serve.
Now comes Sveta in round 4. But to beat Sveta and compete with Vika, she cant be broken like this match

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #354
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

That's 6 sets in a row where the opponent hasn't gotten past 4, that's somewhat positive.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #355
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yah, I meant Johansson. Thanks for the correction.

Caro's regular game hasn't been good enough to get past the 4th round of Wimbledon. So I think something different needs to be done whether it's along the lines of what Johansson had her doing or something else.
yes, and what makes is so strange is that she managed to win the only junior slam at this very surface.
I think TJ could have given her some ideas which were good but also perhaps wanted her to do things which are too far from her ´natural´ style.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 08:55 AM   #356
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post

Oh yes, the good old days. I miss them.Hopefully at some point in the future she will be able to repeat at least some of these great runs.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #357
country flag goldenlox

This tournament draw worked out well so far.
A big name in round 1, so Caro was ready. Then 2 young players who arent on show courts at majors a lot.
Now comes a real test, Sveta. With a probable match with Vika for the winner

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:11 PM   #358
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Will Caro - Kuznetsova be on Hisense or RLA? Azarenka, Serena, Federer and Murray almost certainly will play on RLA. There's room for 5 matches on RLA so there's a slight chance Caro's match will be the fifth, but I think it's more likely she'll play Hisense fourth time in a row.
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #359
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

So happy..our Princess charming of tennis made last 16...hope she will win against Kuzze..
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #360
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, that was Rogers Cup, New Haven, USO, Tokyo, Beijing 2010. 4 titles & a semi 25-1.
I think the biggest mistake Caro & her dad made was not concentrating more on developing her serve.
I think they should have someone watch tape of Caro's matches & chart every serve. Wide, down the T, to the body. Study the %'s that go in, that win points off her serve.
Her serve seems too easy to attack, and this 3rd round could have been trouble if her opponent didnt hit so many routine balls into the net, or if she had a good serve.
Now comes Sveta in round 4. But to beat Sveta and compete with Vika, she cant be broken like this match
Totally agree with the part in bold. I've been saying it for more though - that they should have someone writing down the details of every point of every match she plays and entering it in a spreadsheet. See from the data - not what people think - exactly what is happening, where she's winning points and matches and where she's losing points and matches.

In fact the two things I wish Caro would do are:
  1. Hire someone to record the stats of every point she plays (and put it all in a spreadsheet) - and that is more than the crude W/UE etc.
  2. Get a serve coach. Just that one aspect of her game she might actually keep him - well more chance of keeping him than if he were a coach like TJ and Sanchez of her whole game.
Going back to her last match and her serve: In the second set - she got a cheap point with a really good serve from the deuce side and it was served out wide. But that was just one in the whole set. I wish she'd served a few more out wide like that. She can hit good serves there. Of course - if she doesn't get her 1st serve in her 2nd serve is a problem. But her 2nd serve was always attackable and a problem even in her heyday - and she managed it then somehow and still got all those wins and won when it got tight.

I think against Sveta if she could play like she did after 0-1 for the 1st half of the second set - she was really playing well then and took control of many points and hit her winners then. When she then went totally passive in the 2nd half of the set (and she wasn't even using that great backhand she has) just getting the ball back - well ... Of course I certainly don't want UEs to creep into Caro's game but when she played really well at the start of the 2nd set after 0-1 - she'd cleared up those UEs and hit just as few UEs then as when she went totally passive at the end.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread