A new Diva is coming to the world: the Nastya Potapova fanclub! ♥ - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
A new Diva is coming to the world: the Nastya Potapova fanclub! ♥

So I assume most people who now know about her discovered her at this year's Eddie Herr tournament, where she reached the final as the #10 seed in G12s singles, but unfortunately lost to seed 8 Ellie Douglas, 7-6(4) 0-6 2-6.

Thanks to the streams who could discover her and both her moonballing and ballbashing skills, her fiesty temper and crazy celebrations, and even her impressive racket throwing skills were eventually displayed to the world.

Here is a short report on the final from TennisKalamazoo:

"Ellie Douglas of the United States won the girls 12s, defeating Anastasia Potapova of Russia 6-7(4), 6-0, 6-2.

Douglas, the No. 8 seed, had come back from a set down in two of her previous three matches prior to the final, a situation she said she doesn’t mind.

“I just know what to do in the next set,” said the Texas resident. “After the first set I played a lot more aggressive and I moved her a lot.”
Douglas said Potapova was very aggressive and moved well, and she was also prone to loud displays of energy, occasionally directed at her opponent.

All that competitive fire came to head on match point, when Potapova threw her racquet with such fury that it landed on the other side of the net, uncomfortably close to Douglas.

“I didn’t know what happened,” said Douglas, who had he back turned to go collect her towel. “I heard something and then I heard the crowd. It was pretty close.”

The crowd booed loudly, but Potapova was not defaulted, and she and her partner Alina Mazepova, also of Russia, played and won the doubles final later in the afternoon. The No. 6 seeds, they defeated Douglas and her partner Sarah Bahsoun, the No. 5 seeds, 7-6(4), 6-3."
()

So she's RU in singles and W in doubles.

Nastya was born on March, 30 2001 and is from Saratov. Here are her results of this year:

Let's wish her a brilliant tennis future!

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 3rd, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM   #2

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute
Re: A new Diva is coming to the world: the Nastya Potapova fanclub! ♥

2 pics from Nastya plying her final at Eddie Herr

Last Feb with G12&U Russian Team

(On the left)

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 19th, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #3

She was the #1 seed at Nike Junior Tour International Masters (G12) this week, but lost in R2 (she had a bye in R1), to Marculescu 2-6 7-5 6-7(6)

Nastya
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #4

Wonder if she's gonna play Junior Orange Bowl next week. She probably will.
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #5

She's playing it indeed.

R1 (1)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) d. Adela Joldic (BIH) 61 60

R2 against (Q)Savanna Ly (CAN). Davay Nastya
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #6

R2 (1)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) d. (Q)Savanna Ly (CAN) 64 62

Next round against Emma Decoste (USA).
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #7

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 19th, 2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #8

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #9

R3 (1)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) d. Emma Decoste (USA) 64 64

R4 against (1)Neli Sunjic from Croatia. (I don't understand their seeding system )
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #10

R4 (1)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) d. (1)Neli Sunjic (CRO) 76(2) 63

QF against (1)Dayana Yastremska. GL gurl!
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 02:15 PM   #11

She lost in QF. (1)Dayana Yastremska (UKR) df. (1)Anastasia Potapova (RUS) 2-6 6-3 6-3
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM   #12

"отказалась играть сводит ноги судорогой((((((((" ("refused to play a driving leg cramp ((((((((")
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:54 AM   #13

She's through to the final at G12 O1 Properties Khimki Junior Open this week, playing Olga Nosova in the final. Go Nastya!
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #14

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #15

She destroyed Nosova 6-2 6-0.

She's very dominant in G12 tournaments, and she's only 11, maybe she should give a try to G14 tournies to see how she does, it would be interesting.