Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1051
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

She has a good if not decent chance against Sloane, I can imagine she will want to back up the Kvitova win like she did in New York after Clijsters. She was even worse in Hobart against Stephens than against Kvitova and still managed to drag the match into a second set tiebrake. Although, Laura needs to be far more consistent as well as getting up that first serve percentage. Serve is key for Laura. What an opportunity both of these girls have to get through to the quarter finals though !! Let's hope its Laura who takes it and not have a defeatist attitude Come on Laura

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #1052
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Third on Show Court 2. Strange scheduling if you ask me, I'd have definitely prioritised this match over Vinci/Vesnina, which is on MCA Also not the best time for us UK viewers and will probably clash with Murray. Double

I think the smaller court will favour Sloane but hopefully the Barmy Army will be out in force to create a good atmosphere. GL, Laura

... for some reason.

Last edited by Dawson. : Jan 18th, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #1053
country flag VikingTennisFan

VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light VikingTennisFan is a glorious beacon of light

I think Laura has a great chance. I think it's hard to judge too much from her performance against Kvitova. To some extent you adjust to the person you play even if you don't mean to. With Kvitova's scrappy and uneven play it would be hard for Laura to get any kind of rhythm. Also Kvitova is a leftie. Maybe Laura's poor serving was her attempting to out-think herself in terms of how to serve against another leftie.

Maybe Sloane is still the favorite, but it can't be by very much.
VikingTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #1054
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Time for Laura to stake out a claim that she is the boss by winning the match!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #1055
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Time for Laura to stake out a claim that she is the boss by winning the match!
I doubt she'll win. But i hope she plays well at least.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #1056
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *hingis_forever* View Post
I don't think she should be too tired from her match with Kvitova. The points were really short and definitely not grueling.
Playing a 3 hour match in that kind of heat is very grueling especially as she didn't finish until 00:30. Sloane, on the other hand, has had two simple straight sets wins so I think it will effect Laura. But I hope you're right....
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1057
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Royals. : Jan 18th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1058
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Remove the youtu.be part LL. You only need the video code, otherwise it doesn't work.

Last edited by KeysisGOAT : Jan 18th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1059
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Best of Luck Laura! Hopefully I'll be up to watch this!

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #1060
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Remove the youtu.be part LL. You only need the video code, otherwise it doesn't work.
You mean the "[ youtube]" "[/ youtube] bit?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #1061
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
You mean the "[ youtube]" "[/ youtube] bit?
No, I mean you put [ Youtube]VlGTjIXL_2U[/youtube ] not the whole link.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1062
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
No, I mean you put [ Youtube]VlGTjIXL_2U[/youtube ] not the whole link.
Oh! thanks. I'm really bad at these things.

Does it work now?
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #1063
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Good luck Laura

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1064
country flag vaslav37

vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice vaslav37 is just really nice

I love Laura's fighting spirit and her match against Kvitova will give her great confidence.

Laura can win this one but Stephens is very good, a win here would see her overtake Watson, a loss would take her to a projected ranking of 42
vaslav37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #1065
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Laura coming up...

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote