2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #376
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
^is she playing Paris indoor?
They applied. So we'll wait and see?

I don't see, why they wouldn't want to have her. She's a former/recent champion there.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #377
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Im preparing for another show of disappointment. Im ready to take it.
My players and teams are shit now so im use to it.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #378
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Fresh interview with HuggyBear: http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Sorry, don't have time, but maybe Lufa, paulmara or Shifty will translate his insightful (or 'insightful'? ) comments
Google translate is our friend , did only some necessary corrections

We have to dig out of the mud, says Kvitova coach Kotyza
18th January 2013 12:00
Melbourne (from our correspondent)

- Again. Finish her! Coach David Kotyza shout to tennis player Petra Kvitova in her battle with Robson at the Australian Open. But he saw how troubled she is. "It was clear that she is very unhappy," he said.
When Kvitova flew into the third set to 3:0, the coach believed that everything goes well. "At that moment she looked like renewed. He thought she will destroy Laura, said. "But she hesitated at 3:1, did three DF . Serve had completely gone. From 4-4 she already seemed to be bothering with herself."

What sank her? Worse fitness or poor self-esteem?
Laura looked fresher. But it was more mental freshness. Laura trusted herself, trying to overtake Petra in pressure. She went for the win. Deservedly dragged it to the end.

What was your first thought when Petra suppressed tears on court?
It was visible that she is unhappy. When opponent sees that, gives her confidence. Petya dealt with hers bad tosses, referees statement. Lots of things disturbed her. You could see that her head is not ideally set.

Does affect her disenchantment of the defeats, and the fact that the new method of fitness training does not work?
She went into the match with determination. But when she dumped the service she began to be desperate. This is a picture of how she looks. Experiencing a difficult period and today it did not help.

What will you do next?
We need to look at the program. Petya has played a few matches. We will try to request a free card on the indoor tournament in Paris, which is played around one week before the Fed Cup. We consult with Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist), how to make her again enjoying the game. We need to figure out how to dig out of the mud.

How deep are you in?
Enough. After this match keeps me alive just straw. (Smile)

You take it that your position is in danger?
Every coach goes through some bad times. But this is not yet so long that we have to address staffing issues. Maybe talk about it with Petra, but I think it is soon. Not that I want to cheer myself ...

Do you believe that changes in training show early ?
I believe. I do not know when it will come, but I believe. It is a fact that we have started something, and it would be unwise to make big waves when Petra is down.
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #379
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lufa.

Ironically, the Google Translation (unless I'm mistaken or forgotten), was shockingly similar to yours.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #380
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Fresh interview with HuggyBear: http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-ten...0626_tenis_rou

Sorry, don't have time, but maybe Lufa, paulmara or Shifty will translate his insightful (or 'insightful'? ) comments
In short, HuggyBear saying that he useless sneaky wizle, who can't prepare and mentally set player for the match, also acting like an ass knowing his job is secure no matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Can you imagine Serena, Azarenka or Sharapova doing something similar (especially the very next day)?
I can, Serena visited in past matches of some atp mugs, also she more then enough times watched Vee's matches. Sharpie\Vika has no one to go to
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #381
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
In short, HuggyBear saying that he useless sneaky wizle, who can't prepare and mentally set player for the match, also acting like an ass knowing his job is secure no matter what

I can, Serena visited in past matches of some atp mugs, also she more then enough times watched Vee's matches. Sharpie\Vika has no one to go to

After a big, early upset!!????????????? Come on now Shifty.

And I already accounted for Serena's sister. I understand that one.

And you are correct, in your rather flippant Kotyza translation/summary.

Now, it also doesn't portray Petra and the fitness coach in a good light (currently) either. As a matter of fact, the entire team seems like a a hot mess at the moment.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #382
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of ArcticMoose has much to be proud of

Quote:
I can, Serena visited in past matches of some atp mugs, also she more then enough times watched Vee's matches. [FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] Sharpie\Vika has no one to go to
Sharpie has Djokovic to go to – at one time Djokovic was shagging/servicing sharpie at will .. (it was classified as a 'friend with benefits'…)
Vika has her doubles partner to visit (Max Mirnyi ) ......
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #383
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
After a big, early upset!!????????????? Come on now Shifty.

And I already accounted for Serena's sister. I understand that one.

And you are correct, in your rather flippant Kotyza translation/summary.

Now, it also doesn't portray Petra and the fitness coach in a good light (currently) either. As a matter of fact, the entire team seems like a a hot mess at the moment.
After big loss at slam can't recall, tho maybe she went to some Roddick matches. I bet Petra knew Radek will flop just to travel with her on same plane where media can't see mushy mushy business between thees two, otherwise she would have been involved in a cat fight with Berdych girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticMoose View Post
Sharpie has Djokovic to go to – at one time Djokovic was shagging/servicing sharpie at will .. (it was classified as a 'friend with benefits'…)
Vika has her doubles partner to visit (Max Mirnyi ) ......
You have been in wonderland far too long, Djo now goes to the dance with Serena meanwhile Sharpie gets only leftovers in Dimitrov but he back at home already, Vika in jealousy picked some hobo, who always red as tomato and smells that you can't help it to go full on Fuuu on him
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #384
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In my opinion, Petra's beyond a sports psychologist (especially a non world class one). They can only do so much, and can't really relate to Petra's pressure.

Petra needs, someone more like a Navratilova, Lendl or Pavel Slozil type, that can reset her priorities, and teach her how to deal with the pressure, and embrace it, and not look at it as a negative. They can ease the fear and the challenges for her.
Psychology is sort of a QUASI-science,like evolution,and not a fully legit one.It's only a pinch of fact that's mixed with loads of wild speculation and unfounded theory....Behavioral psychology is the only respectable branch b/c it largely uses empirical data and observation as its basis.

Having said that,I/we know that Petra needs some assistance with her mental game....Whether it's from a sports counsellor with a psychology degree or a former player who learned to cope with stress,I really don't care which...as long as the Cermosek Clown College('CCC',hereafter)gets someone to come there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations

Last edited by bruce goose : Jan 18th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #385
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Shifty,are you actually fluent in Czech?I nicknamed Petra's fitness coach 'The Masked Bedwetter' because he's a former wrestler,but the translators will only give me the word for 'Masked' in Czech and not the other.Paul said that he wouldn't tell me the word until Petra's coach had received a fair trial period....and maybe I should wait and give the guy a chance

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #386
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They applied. So we'll wait and see?

I don't see, why they wouldn't want to have her. She's a former/recent champion there.
As a top 20 player she will get one automatically. Unless two higher ranked players also request. In that case she would need a wild-card from the tournament.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #387
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
As a top 20 player she will get one automatically. Unless two higher ranked players also request. In that case she would need a wild-card from the tournament.
Glad you already know, realize Petra's falling out the top 10.

It used to be so much easier with these wild cards, when she was ranked # 2, like 2011 Linz, when she got in comfortably.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 18th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #388
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Shifty,are you actually fluent in Czech?I nicknamed Petra's fitness coach 'The Masked Bedwetter' because he's a former wrestler,but the translators will only give me the word for 'Masked' in Czech and not the other.Paul said that he wouldn't tell me the word until Petra's coach had received a fair trial period....and maybe I should wait and give the guy a chance
No, most of Eastern European languages relatively similar to Russian, so i just have to learn some basic rules with specific words to understand on a basic level. I guess you should wait but i can throw you some bone, it has moc somewhere in it

btw, Sorry Paul, i couldn't help it
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #389
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Glad you already know, realize Petra's falling out the top 10.

It used to be so much easier with these wild cards, when she was ranked # 2, like 2011 Linz, when she got in comfortably.
Petra is still comfortably a Top 10 player even after an early 2013 AO exit.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #390
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Petra is still comfortably a Top 10 player even after an early 2013 AO exit.
Oh; Ok. I didn't look. Good for her (or is it).

I hope she can gain some points then in Paris.

And I really hope she doesn't say, "I was so nervous during my first match here as defending Champion (if she plays poorly)". Cause the reality is, no one is going to really care what she does there, as it's seen as a side bar tournament anyway.

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 18th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.