AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM   #1471
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashabator View Post
LOL @ so many basic people trying to hate on me in the Rodionova thread in GM

LOL @ you hating on Rodionova to begin with.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1472
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
LOL @ you hating on Rodionova to begin with.
Nah not really

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #1473
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Good grief, how do you manage, after a performance as strong as this, to only write one short paragraph of positives then 2 huge paragraphs of negatives?
That's because, at this point, everthing Maria does, I measure against Serena. I hate that it's come to that, but that's what Serena has done to me. Every time Maria hits a great shot, plays a stellar point, or delivers a brillant match, I ask myself, "Could she do that against Serena?" or "I wonder how that would translate against Serena?" etc. She's sucked most of the enjoyment I have out of watching tennis. I have a hard time enjoying the journey or little victories of Maria, like last night, because Serena is always lurking nearby.

It comes down to whether or not I can be satisfied with finals or semifinal appearances for Maria. For some fans, it is enough. But I need titles. I'm tired of Maria giving runner up speeches and I want her to win NOW in these next few peak years she still has. But Serena will be standing in her way time and time again and the only way to get what she wants is to finally defeat her. She'll need to be extraordinary to do that. And that's why I tend to be unfairly nitpicky with Maria. But based on last year's head-to-heads, the gulf between the two is only growing.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1474

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nah not really

Um yeah, really.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1475
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Um yeah, really.
I can say what i want to, at least i didnt say it for all to see like Arina did and know that there would be a huge negative reaction by Sharapova fans.

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1476
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/FlipperKF/status/292220469275414528

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1477
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

^
OMG
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1478
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
OMG flipper thats so funny!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #1479

Quote:
I can say what i want to, at least i didnt say it for all to see like Arina did and know that there would be a huge negative reaction by Sharapova fans.

She can say what she wants, too. And if she chooses to say it for everyone to see, that's her right, too. Maybe doesn't give a damn about what other people think? Is she wrong for voicing her opinion? She's not the first and won't be the last to complain about Maria's grunting. Whoop di doo. Big deal.

If it was Masha with a snarky tweet (think: Isn't she back in Poland already?), you would have been all like "Oooh, she's so bitchy. I love it ", wouldn't you? Be honest.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1480
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Quote:
She can say what she wants, too. And if she chooses to say it for everyone to see, that's her right, too. Maybe doesn't give a damn about what other people think? Is she wrong for voicing her opinion? She's not the first and won't be the last to complain about Maria's grunting. Whoop di doo. Big deal.

If it was Masha with a snarky tweet (think: Isn't she back in Poland already?), you would have been all like "Oooh, she's so bitchy. I love it ", wouldn't you? Be honest.
It wasn't only the grunting. Well she isn't wrong for voicing her opinion but it wasn't really warranted by anything Maria did. Maria's comment was said because Aga said something about her first. Maria did nothing to warrant what Arina said. I think Maria has a bit more class than to say something publicly about someone for no reason whatsoever.

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #1481
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold Advantage Me is a splendid one to behold

Why do you all care so much about what others say about Maria? You are just feeding them. People just love drama and build mountains out of molehills. Just like when Caro did an impersonation of Serena at the exo.

Every player celebrate in their own style. Venus was ok with it. She had a smile on her face. The handshake was friendly. There's nothing more to it. Let's move on and look forward to the next match.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1482
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yes, they do. Whenever Pova is winning. Doesn't change the fact that they do identify themselves as Pova fans and are identified as such by the GM population. Whatever they do falls back on all of us and let's not forget the time when some of the regular posters in The SS went apesh*t in GM on a nearly daily basis... Sp!ffy, anyone?

Ps. I'm the 2010 Siberian Siren Real Keeper for a reason.
VirginMary, thanks very much for keeping SS alive during Maria's lean years of 2008-2010. I remember the exorcising of "Poova", which was so dramatic that nothing has come close to it since.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #1483
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Well I support Ana too, so you know that I was still a Maria fan when she went through her injury and slump.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #1484
country flag NiMaria

NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light NiMaria is a glorious beacon of light

Why are people on GM making such a big fuss over her celebration. I mean it's understandable she was leading 5-1 then it became 5-3 30-30 and then she served clutch. If Venus had broken that game it would have been 5-4 on serve so I can understand her reaction and how important this was to her.
NiMaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #1485
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched her reaction (for the first time) and I really expected it to be so much worse than that
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote