AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 95 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1411
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future Silas has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

BEHOLD, a real classless bitch
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #1412
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Looked at the bottom half of the draw - none of the matches are remotely exciting
I'm thinking Li/Goerges will take the night session on Sunday.
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #1413
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't even over the top All the hating just means Maria's winning
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #1414
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

There'll only be competitive matches in the bottom half. Serena is going to demolish every scrub she has, before beating up on Vika for the upteenth time in the SF. In the bottom half we still have Na, Radwanska, Kerber and Maria!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #1415
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Rena fans coming into Masha threads and spreading hate:

It's the same the other way around in pretty much any Rena thread.

But I guess Pova fans are just retaliating, huh?
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #1416
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
There'll only be competitive matches in the bottom half. Serena is going to demolish every scrub she has, before beating up on Vika for the upteenth time in the SF. In the bottom half we still have Na, Radwanska, Kerber and Maria!
I meant for the 4th round
Maria and Aga will probably win easily. Kerber/Makarova will barely generate interest, and Li/Goerges will be a shitfest
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1417
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future Mexicola has a brilliant future

I told you there was nothing to worry about with Venus before the tournament. She's still capable of brief patches of good play, but, come on, she's a has-been at this point and she looked horrendous for 95% of the match. Maria was so far superior and the scoreline was close to what I was expecting. Maria did what she should have done and I really liked her killer instinct right from the start.

But, there were things that were concerning. The way Maria got tight at the end and didn't finish it the way the should was too much like the Maria we've seen quite a bit the past few years. Making a easy match tougher on herself. And though she avoided the double faults, her first serve % was way too low. She'll need that first serve to be a more consistent weapon against the better opponents. Her winner to error ratio wasn't too bad, but she let way too many errors pile up in the second set.

And, finally, I would have preferred a more casual "been there done that" reaction after her win. She should have expected to win. She should have expected to dominate. She needs to always believe she's the best player when she walks on that court. Instead, that looked like a reaction of relief instead of expectation. But maybe Maria heard the talk about many people picking Venus to win and felt she was being disrespected and that really pumped her up and she just released the tension. Or maybe she's just haunted by all of the beatings at the hands of Serena and just couldn't contain her emotions after pounding her sister.

Whatever the case, it was a great, commanding win for Maria and I hope she builds and improves on this. She'll need to be even better.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #1418
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Re: Rena fans coming into Masha threads and spreading hate:

It's the same the other way around in pretty much any Rena thread.

But I guess Pova fans are just retaliating, huh?
The majority of Pova fans who enter those Serena fans dont even post in here and are not really associated with the rest of our fan base.

You have such an interesting take on being a fan I have always thought .
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #1419
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypova View Post
I meant for the 4th round
Maria and Aga will probably win easily. Kerber/Makarova will barely generate interest, and Li/Goerges will be a shitfest
Ah ok! I hope Ana beats Radwanska, but I don't think she has a chance!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1420
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

That was such a fierce performance
I got nervous at the end, as I'm sure Maria did as well.
You can never underestimate a great champion like Venus.

Hoping for another focused performance in her next match.

Wimbledon 04 US Open 06
Australian Open 08 Roland Garros 2012
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #1421
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

The GM thread Peak tennisforum
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #1422
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

losing 4 games? Improve!

j/k

but really, dont lose more.

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #1423
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
The majority of Pova fans who enter those Serena fans dont even post in here and are not really associated with the rest of our fan base.

agreed.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #1424
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post

Yes, they do. Whenever Pova is winning. Doesn't change the fact that they do identify themselves as Pova fans and are identified as such by the GM population. Whatever they do falls back on all of us and let's not forget the time when some of the regular posters in The SS went apesh*t in GM on a nearly daily basis... Sp!ffy, anyone?

Ps. I'm the 2010 Siberian Siren Real Keeper for a reason.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #1425
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Yes, they do. Whenever Pova is winning. Doesn't change the fact that they do identify themselves as Pova fans and are identified as such by the GM population. Whatever they do falls back on all of us and let's not forget the time when some of the regular posters in The SS went apesh*t in GM on a nearly daily basis... Sp!ffy, anyone?

Ps. I'm the 2010 Siberian Siren Real Keeper for a reason.
That you are your amazing unbiased at times.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote