AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel. - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #1396
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

I'm expecting her level to drop a bit against Flipkens. She was super focused and intense today! She was 100% ready for the challenge, even if Venus ended up giving a disappointing performance. Has she ever played Flipkens?

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #1397
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Flipkens def. Zakopalova 61 60...
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #1398
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILAS View Post
Anyway, i don't really care about the reaction.

I'm just worried about Maria's low first serve percentage and all those backhand errors.
She's a book for the QF at least, and tbh this was her first 'mental' test and she lost 4 games and was broken once. I'm not worried

Also silas Vee is my second fave too and it pains me to read the dreck going on in gm mainly concerning Masha haters and Masha fans. If it would've been Masha fans discussing with Vee fans (well most of them) I think the thread would've been so informative as I respect a lot of vees fan base and her as a player
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1399
country flag Abuttons

Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold Abuttons is a splendid one to behold

I was quite convinced that Maria would win this match, but the way it happened is beyond what I expected. Really too bad that she could not close it when serving for the match at 5-1.
Have not seen the match but it looks that Maria is delivering some good tennis. I'm curious to see a video of the handshake thing, but I imagine Maria had quite a bit of tension to release. A tentative performance would have put some question marks to her sparkling start of the tournament so she was obviously the one with most to lose.
She did well it seems, and I think showing up in the QF is almost in the pocket..........
Well done Maria.
Abuttons is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1400
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

The reaction was little OTT

She obviously went into the match knowing she had to bring it, the respect she showed Venus was by that IMO. Something I was attacked for in GM, shame because it's hard when you're attacked by people you actually like.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #1401
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Is there a single thread about Maria that Serena fans don't invade with hate comments?

I'd love to find one
Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1402
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoPova View Post
I'm expecting her level to drop a bit against Flipkens. She was super focused and intense today! She was 100% ready for the challenge, even if Venus ended up giving a disappointing performance. Has she ever played Flipkens?
Twice.

6-3, 6-3 at the French Open in 2010 and 6-2, 7-6 in Luxembourg...in 2003.
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1403
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
She's a book for the QF at least, and tbh this was her first 'mental' test and she lost 4 games and was broken once. I'm not worried

Also silas Vee is my second fave too and it pains me to read the dreck going on in gm mainly concerning Masha haters and Masha fans. If it would've been Masha fans discussing with Vee fans (well most of them) I think the thread would've been so informative as I respect a lot of vees fan base and her as a player
Maria haters and Serena stans definitely ruining that thread
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:23 AM   #1404
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could be ecstatic and jumpy happy but I can't I'm really happy for Maria but it was a third round I was dreading from the start and knew I'd feel bummed for whoever lost. Vee is a great champion, a gracious one and her fans in Planet Venus are always nice when I'm there.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Elena Baltacha R.I.P Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1405
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post

This a thousand times. Most of the Venus fans in that thread were very gracious. It was the Serena fans who derailed the thread, and then certain Masha-haters just jumped on the bandwagon.

Disappointing that there's no mod intervention though. You could bet there would have been if it had been Maria fans invading a Serena thread.
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1406
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
The reaction was little OTT

She obviously went into the match knowing she had to bring it, the respect she showed Venus was by that IMO. Something I was attacked for in GM, shame because it's hard when you're attacked by people you actually like.
Change the people you like
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #1407
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
Is there a single thread about Maria that Serena fans don't invade with hate comments?

I'd love to find one
I think that on this site at least you literally could not.

Everyone wants to bring up the celebration but no one brings up the post-match interview?
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1408
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

The way Venus stared at Maria during her celebration...

I can't get it out of my head
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #1409
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wish I could be ecstatic and jumpy happy but I can't I'm really happy for Maria but it was a third round I was dreading from the start and knew I'd feel bummed for whoever lost. Vee is a great champion, a gracious one and her fans in Planet Venus are always nice when I'm there.
Same here. I can't support one over the other.

Anyway, really excited with Maria's form. Great ball striking throughout the whole match.
pedropt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #1410
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote