AUS TV - 2011 Coverage - Page 81 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #1201
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all
Re: AUS TV - 2011 Coverage

thankfully i was at the open for the first four days so i haven't had to put up with channel 7... yet but i've read through the thread and agree with what a lot of you are saying, obviously 7 has exclusive rights to show matches on Rod Laver, so they should stick to showing them. if casual fans (aka. the people who think tennis is only played in January) are that keen to see "crowd favourites" (aka. any player who has made a random run to the open final) they can switch onto foxtel and watch. i watched Mitchell and Duckworth for the whole match because i had an interest in that match, but if i wanted to watch it at home i would've been happy to watch it on foxtel or even a stream, it shouldn't have been on 7 for it's entirety when there was Williams, Azarenka or whoever playing... it was a challenger level match anyway...

also agree with the comments on the aussie flags on the scoreboard... it seems a bit weird to me. we can tell by the way the commentators talk up the players like they will all be world number one and win career grand slams that they are australian, we don't really need the flag too!

i've hardly watched any of 7's coverage and it's already pissing me off!!
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #1202
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Doesn't mean I have to agree with it Judging by the #ausopen & #7sport twitter feeds, heaps of other people felt the same way as I did. A lowly ranked Aussie taking precedence over a living legend of the sport makes perfect sense, clearly.

Not to mention the fact FoxSports and 7 were showing the same match. Ugh.

Wonder if the tables were turned, would 7 show a Bojana Bobusic match over Roger Federer? Of course not.
It's always Aussies first in the first week It's all about ratings and I'm telling you an Aussie will get higher ratings than Serena smashing some mug.

Really if you don't like what they are showing, just watch it by other means, it's so easy now

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #1203
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

at 7 showing Arina and Nastya's tweets complaining about the noise level of the Maria/Venus match
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1204
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Fox Sports showed that WTA strong is beautiful ad and at the end it showed live tennis from Doha Feb 17-18. So looks like Fox Sports won't be picking the slack from no Eurosport coverage. So looks tennistv might be the only option, of course unless you are happy with semis and finals only.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #1205
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

at Fox showing split screen of 2 matches - whatever happened to the red button?

Also annoying is 7 showing press conferences on their "megawall" while matches are going on.

It would almost be better off watching matches on the computer

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #1206
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Berretta calling Flipkens "Kirtsen Phillips" before correcting himself

Ah the little things that amuse me.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:46 PM   #1207
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Sandy Roberts: "Where is the chink in the Li Na game?"

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:04 AM   #1208
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Yea caught that one. Poor choice of words, I think he realised it as he was saying it but it was too late. Sam Smith handled it very well and moved on with minimal awkardness.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #1209
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
In Sandy's defence he says that about every player. Still totally awks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:03 AM   #1210
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

I Wonder if they will show Ash/Casey or Sharapova v Makarova

Most likely the singles match but I think they'll switch it over from time to time.

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:04 AM   #1211
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone else also seen the Serena Venus commercial for iPhone? I love it I've only seen it twice though

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:05 AM   #1212
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it so many times
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:11 AM   #1213
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Redfoo Channel 7, stahp et.

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:33 AM   #1214
country flag Kəv.

^ he was on the radio the other day

Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1215
country flag Kəv.

It's because she's not dancing anymore

Todd Woodbridge: I was talking to John McEnroe one day and I said my name was Todd and he said I've got a dog named Todd
Sam Smith: oh dear

that cracked me up