Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #631
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Out in doubles in the first round, too, in a close three setter.
Mona`s trip to Australia started pretty nicely and ended sobering.
A final and a semi-final is not bad at all, but she herself surely expected some more at Melbourne.
The tears after the match against Pervak tell a lot.
At least some more time for her to go home, work on and think about.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #632
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Poor Mona!

Another typical scoreline for her (67 64 57).

I really hope her tears after the match against Pervak will help her to recognize her real weaknesses and whats necessary for the next step of her career.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #633
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Mona needs to use her knees and her body more when serving. In that vid you yook her service action is all arm.
Hope her mum recognizes this Also she still has not learned a proper kick serve. Her second serve is still all slice and drifts to the forehand of a righty. Pervak's backhand is pretty good so I guess that was a factor, too.
She has to flick her wrist from bottom to top when making contact with the ball, right now she is slicing it from right to left and that's what she's been doing for ever now. I actually once wrote her an email and her mum replied nicely thanking me for that advice and saying it was tough for them to find a coach (I wonder why??! )
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #634
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Out in doubles in the first round, too, in a close three setter.
Mona`s trip to Australia started pretty nicely and ended sobering.
A final and a semi-final is not bad at all, but she herself surely expected some more at Melbourne.
The tears after the match against Pervak tell a lot.
At least some more time for her to go home, work on and think about.
Honestly, if you re-evaluate her form in Australia after the Australian Open, there is not much left. Min didn´t play. Barty (after winning the first), Pironkova, Scheepers, Larsson, Daniilidou all lost badly at the Australian Open. She lost to the only in-form players she met in Vesnina, Wickmayer and Pervak. The one bright spot and quality win was against Flipkens. So yes the bare points were good, but the form is unfortunately very suspect. It was better in 2012, when she won roughly the same amount of points down under.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #635
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
Mona needs to use her knees and her body more when serving. In that vid you yook her service action is all arm.
Hope her mum recognizes this Also she still has not learned a proper kick serve. Her second serve is still all slice and drifts to the forehand of a righty. Pervak's backhand is pretty good so I guess that was a factor, too.
She has to flick her wrist from bottom to top when making contact with the ball, right now she is slicing it from right to left and that's what she's been doing for ever now. I actually once wrote her an email and her mum replied nicely thanking me for that advice and saying it was tough for them to find a coach (I wonder why??! )
I am relieved to hear that they at least tried to get a coach for Mona. Do you know anything about her relationship to Alexander Flock? He is still mentioned as her tourcoach on her website but she did not travel with him since Roland Garros 2012.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #636
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
I am relieved to hear that they at least tried to get a coach for Mona. Do you know anything about her relationship to Alexander Flock? He is still mentioned as her tourcoach on her website but she did not travel with him since Roland Garros 2012.
I now realize that Alexander Flock was the one who sat in Mona's box in Stuttgart. I saw him at the Wintercup Leverkusen and he was practicing juniors out of the TVM. That was before Christmas. If he was Mona's coach, wouldn't he have been with her during that time?
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #637
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Melange's nice pics

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Rezai Pervak Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova Milevskaya
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #638
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Melange.

Chakvetadze Barthel Kerber Halep Pavlyuchenkova Shvedova Bencic Lottner
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #639
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
I now realize that Alexander Flock was the one who sat in Mona's box in Stuttgart. I saw him at the Wintercup Leverkusen and he was practicing juniors out of the TVM. That was before Christmas. If he was Mona's coach, wouldn't he have been with her during that time?
When Mona is at home during the offseason she pratices with her homecoach Maik Schürbesmann. It seems that she hired Flock only for some tournaments, maybe just for the european season. But this kind of working relationship makes no sense to me because she needs someone to work with on a daily basis who can regularly control her technique and help her tactically.

I dont think she broke up with Flock because when she seperated from her management she revealed it on her website by not mentioning them anymore as a part of her team. And as you can still find him there as a part of her team i think they are still connected.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #640
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #641
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

She was supposed to play Fed Cup for Germany but refused
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #642
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Dayum - I think Melange snapped the best Barthel-in-action pics ever! Congratulations
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #643
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

That`s pretty interesting.
Mona refuses to play Fed Cup because she wants to concentrate on her singles career right now.
Means - "Kiss my ass, Rittner", or she simply does not take the Fed Cup very serious.
Rittner had nominated her instead of Sabine for the match against France and was anything else than amused by that.

Dunno whether Mona is doing the right thing here.

Last edited by joy division : Jan 18th, 2013 at 03:07 PM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #644
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

^^Thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #645
country flag Indianer Slobo

Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light Indianer Slobo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
That`s pretty interesting.
Mona refuses to play Fed Cup because she wants to concentrate on her singles career right now.
Means - "Kiss my ass, Rittner", or she simply does not take the Fed Cup very serious.
Rittner had nominated her instead of Sabine for the match against France and was anything else than amused by that.

Dunno whether Mona is doing the right thing here.
I Have to agree with you. I hope she doesn't close doors she can't open anymore later. On the other hand I can also understand, that she does want to fully focus on the tour and to work on her career on the tour. Don't know if she rationally picked to leave Fed Cup aside for now or if its some kind of revenge for the lack of support she received by the DTB. I sometimes get the feeling she's on some kind of lonely wulf road(maybe she wants it that way?). Same with her still not having a professional full time coach. Hope she doesn't realize she is wrong when the train has already left the station.(with this I don't want to judge if her decision is wrong or right)
Indianer Slobo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote