Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #76
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinboro View Post
Safarova/Jovanovski 5-7 *4-5

Whew we get a break. Jovanovski was tight. I don't think she's used to playing in such "winnning" conditions on the big stage. We'll see.
Her best slam result is second round, so she must be tight

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #77
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Safarova/Jovanovski 5-7 5-5*

Lucie doesn't seem "as" tight. It will be interesting to see how she plays if this goes to a third set.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Elena Dementieva - Always my number 1 2012 FITD Olympic Gold Medal Champion!
Edinboro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #78
country flag Edinboro

Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute Edinboro has a reputation beyond repute

Safarova/Jovanovski 5-7 *5-6

Big big moment here.

Lauren Davis!!
Tsvetana Pironkova, Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic, Petra Kvitova, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Anna Chakvetadze, Simona Halep, Kaia Kanepi, Klara Zakopalova, Sofia Arvidsson

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #79
country flag jasonbloom

Still need to serve to stay in the match one more time, even if she holds, she needs to win a TB, consider she is a choker...

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #80
country flag Edinboro

Safarova/Jovanovski 5-7 5-7

That was a really bad showing. I hope this doesnt mean a poor year for her.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #81
country flag jasonbloom

Perfect chance to make to R4, and she wasted it again Playing as bad as she can, and I would think she can overcome her mental problem after Fedcup

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #82
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

It might sound strange but I knew this would happen...as soon as I saw Duckworth/Kavcic was going up and down and really long, I knew she would lose...it happens every time she has to play after a mens 5 setter...she isn't ready to go. She relies a lot on her timing and if shes had to get ready stop get ready stop shes never got her timing for the match. And that's what happened, she was just blasting everything long. It was awful. Losing the break then totally flopping, coming back then losing 8 points in a row. Just awful tennis, and Jovanovski did nothing, she just waited for Lucie to miss. Awful. So disappointing given the last 2 days she's looked so good, but imo the schedule screwed her here a bit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #83
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122363...yJanuary172013

pics from the match

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #84
country flag jasonbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post
It might sound strange but I knew this would happen...as soon as I saw Duckworth/Kavcic was going up and down and really long, I knew she would lose...it happens every time she has to play after a mens 5 setter...she isn't ready to go. She relies a lot on her timing and if shes had to get ready stop get ready stop shes never got her timing for the match. And that's what happened, she was just blasting everything long. It was awful. Losing the break then totally flopping, coming back then losing 8 points in a row. Just awful tennis, and Jovanovski did nothing, she just waited for Lucie to miss. Awful. So disappointing given the last 2 days she's looked so good, but imo the schedule screwed her here a bit.
I know she wanted it so bad and she must be so nervous, but hey, she is nearly 26, should be mature enough to stand in a R2 Grand slam match. And she didn't adjust anything when she knew she is so off today, I don't know whys she went for BHDTL every BH shot which has no margin of error... Every time when there is chances or good draw, she must waste it, however, when she plays against top player, she can play well, it is so frustrating to see her doing that especially when here opponent was not playing well either and she got all the good luck today

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #85
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

SO disappointing. Scheduling really isn't an excuse. Hopefully Lucie rebounds. But such a bummer, this draw was a Godsend. I mean, Date-Krum in the third round? Really discouraging. I just hope Lucie can keep her head up and keep plugging away without getting hung up on this missed opportunity.

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #86
country flag Davodus

I'm not using scheduling as an excuse, I just knew when that match lasted forever she would play bad because it mucks with her warmup and then she has no timing. And it was so hot, trust me I was in the sun all day and I almost passed out several times...when it's that hot the balls fly off the racquet particularly because Lucie hits very flat off her BH. But she did just keep blasting them long, and the only time she changed was at 2-5, then when she got back to 5-5 went back to doing the same thing. It's just another wasted opportunity which is way too common that I basically expect it.

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #87
country flag sCoTt.ChE.

sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold sCoTt.ChE. is a splendid one to behold

The poorly executed match happened then. I was really trying to stay awake as Lucie is usually out of slams so early I never get to see her play, but that bloody Kavcic match... time seemed to be standing still the way the scoreboard ticked over; I gave up. Then I had to read the result... erghh.

I like Bojana but Lucie had a golden opportunity for another possible QF here with Petrova and Kvitova out. This quarter is a mess.

Oh well. Both of Pavlova are out, maybe they will go on a little run in the doubles...
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #88
country flag smarties

smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future smarties has a brilliant future

it's kind of sad that was expecting this and that I'm not even mad anymore...

You might as well smile, you might as well smile cause tomorrow, you just don't know...
- Beth Orton
smarties is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #89
country flag Edinboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davodus View Post

This so much. Jovanivski was literally BEGGING Lucie to get back in the match and she just couldn't do it. But this is a really bad loss. She's going to lose her top 20 position here very shortly if she doesnt turn things around. Seeing how shes not doing well I would hope she would enter some smaller events here and get some confidence going.

Lauren Davis!!

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #90
country flag Edinboro

I'm still frustrated thinking about it LOL. These are the kinds of matches top 20 players should not lose, period. When you have a draw that opens up like hers did you have have have to take advantage of it. Maybe once I can understand, but this has just been way too much. And personally for me its tough cause Lucie is really the only player that I am a hardcore die hard fan of so a lot of my interest in following the tour is based on her success. When she goes out early in events I find it hard to even get motivated to continue watching. There are definitely other players I am big fans of but nothing matches the feeling I get supporting Lucie.

Lauren Davis!!