Donna Vekic - Page 219 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #3271
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
A very good effort in difficult conditions. She has shown her potential on a world stage.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:55 AM   #3272
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic

Donna's first ever match in such big stage and she definitely should be proud of herself
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #3273
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't know she has such a great shots from both wings and serve. And that she is that tall.

I watched just first one. It seems margines decided the second. Was she up a break in that one and when?
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #3274
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

She should be proud of herself. This match is nothing to lose for her. She should gain more experience to let herself be stronger. Come on. She can have a good future.
SurfingPikachu is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #3275
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

She can be big champion. Everybody say that (I mean foreign experts). But you never know.

I didn't like how she get down mentally after she waste 0:40 in the first game but that should be because of her VEEERY young ages.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #3276
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
She can be big champion. Everybody say that (I mean foreign experts). But you never know.
I definitely think she can be.

"Experts" here in Australia do too, but these same "experts" say (even as late as 1 week ago) Lauren Davis will be in Grand Slam finals in a couple of years time. So ignore the "experts"
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:01 AM   #3277
country flag petar_pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
I definitely think she can be.

"Experts" here in Australia do too, but these same "experts" say (even as late as 1 week ago) Lauren Davis will be in Grand Slam finals in a couple of years time. So ignore the "experts"
Yeah, most of them aren't good.
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #3278
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Fiinally on my computer to report my view of the match, as I've been awake for several hours already.

So there I was, set my alarm for 4:30 our time, hoping I'll be on time to tune in, but for some reason I woke up (OK, almost woke up) at 3:45, remembering how someone on the forum suggested we should maybe get ready for 4 AM, so decided to wake up fully, since I already turned on the tv to see how Murray was doing. Turns out I could've slept for another 45 mins and still be that much early - that's what you get when you listen to people on when to wake up

But onto the match. Donna started very well, but it was as if she got scared or nervous not when stepping on court, but after a few points have been played. Wozniacki basically didn't have to do all that much, as Donna looked paralyzed, and at times I almost got the impression that she doesn't care what happens out there. Of course, that's probably not true and is only the impression I got looking at her nervous demeanour. There were some good shots, some good serves, as well as returns and a few rallies which Donna won, which was particularly nice to see considering whom she faced. She also seemed bothered by the heat quite a lot, which is understandable to a point, but I honestly hoped she'll handle it better after all the interviews in which she said how much she enjoys tough conditions - not to mention after all the matches she played in South(/East) Asia and Africa in both, juniors and seniors. That's something she'll definately have to get used to if she is to become a top player. Towards the end, probably around 4:1 in the 2nd, Wozniacki figured that she doesn't have to work so much anymore so she loosened up a little and finally started making a mistake here and a mistake there, which definately helped Donna to get back somewhat, but not enough to get her on level terms, unfortunately.

Still, we really can't complain. She won a round here, which could've easily not have happened if the draw went against Donna. She showed some moments of really good quality tennis, and got a whole other level of competition experience to learn from. Sure, I was hoping for a few more games on her side of the scoreboard, but we have to understand that she is sill early in her tennis development.

Here's hoping she'll be ready and hungry for Fed Cup and then head well prepared to Malaysia
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #3279
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Someone made a fake Donna Vekic Facebook profile whole she was playing - https://www.facebook.com/donna.vekic.96 - and going around adding everyone. I've reported it
What do you mean, adding everyone

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If Putin goes into Estonia, I will personally stone him to death
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #3280
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
What do you mean, adding everyone
She added me (about 3 minutes after she created the profile) and saw a number of people on my Twitter TL say Donna added them as a friend.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3281
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

First of all I would like to thanks to Eurosport for bringing as this match and one big fuck off to HRT (Croatian Television) for not. In this situations I ask myself why I am paying to them every month for nothing...

What to say about this match...? It was clear that Donna was terrified in the first set. I mean she was pale in her face and had face expression like she is going on the electric chair. To many errors, every second ball was either in the net or half of meter in out. She was missing something that I wouldn't and I played tennis maybe 10 times in my life. 17-4 in unforced errors in first set and that is all what is there to say about first set.

In the second set she played much better and a few times i saw a little smile on her face like she was starting to understand that she has nothing to lose here. A couple of returns on Wozniacki serve where she could do nothing else but watch how Donna is making a winner shot were great.

If we could pull out some good things from this match and I think we could is that if only a half of the balls that Donna pushed to hard in big out or in the net were in the court result would be completely different. Wozniacki didn't do much in this match. She had only 6 winners in whole match. I think that Donna is not far away to actually won the match against Wozniacki but she has to do 2 things: she has to be relaxed and she has to do less unforced errors. First thing will come with experience and second will come as a result of the first one.

It is a good thing that she secured top 100, that will give her main draw in Roland Garros and Wimbledon and we have nothing to worry about. When she play a couple of matches like this one, things will go to their place. She just needs a good draw like this one in Australia.

And now heads up fellow Croatians, it's time for Ana Konjuh
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3282
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
What to say about this match...? It was clear that Donna was terrified in the first set. I mean she was pale in her face and had face expression like she is going on the electric chair.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, although at times I wasn't sure if she is paralyzed by fear or lost interest in the match...it was hard to tell (poor thing)

If we could pull out some good things from this match and I think we could is that if only a half of the balls that Donna pushed to hard in big out or in the net were in the court result would be completely different.

Different yes, but different enough for a win? I'd answer that one with a NO.

Wozniacki didn't do much in this match. She had only 6 winners in whole match.

Well, that's her style - to get the ball back over and over and over and over and over again into eternity or until the opponent commits suicide. She probably didn't mean to make those 6 winners either

I think that Donna is not far away to actually won the match against Wozniacki but she has to do 2 things: she has to be relaxed and she has to do less unforced errors.

I agree, but doing these two things is about the hardest thing any player has to get through during his/her development. Particularly the later.

And now heads up fellow Croatians, it's time for Ana Konjuh
I know, I can't wait! By the way, several times we heard it that Ana warmed up Donna for her matches...I wonder if Donna will now return the favor
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #3283
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #3284
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki was interviewed on ES after the match and was very complimentary about Donna and her future in the game. I get the impression they are friendly off court.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #3285
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

More Tennis Space: http://www.thetennisspace.com/donna-...-tennis-space/
Embittered is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread